Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
james-99

Transfer mechanics frustration

Recommended Posts

Beginning to get very frustrated with the lack of improvements in the transfer model. AI make pathetic bids for your best players and expect overpayments for poor players. My players are constantly moaning i'm not accepting low bids for them. To make things worse the squad is moaning about not letting the players leave and then moaning again when i finally sell them at an acceptable value. They can't have it both ways and can only see this a bug, it is frustrating and morale is up and down week to week through the transfer window. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have a specific bug to report, please do so in the bugs forum with a save game so the SI testing team can reproduce it.

Apart from that, remember that AI teams won't give you their best offer first, that they're aware of the possibility to unsettle a player, that they may only have a certain amount of money available or willing to only spend a certain amount for the type of squad status player they're looking for. As you can see, there's a lot that goes into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The AI is doing exactly what it should do, trying to upset your squad and make it hard for you to make good transfers. It's not supposed to be easy to make good deals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, james-99 said:

AI make pathetic bids for your best players

 

12 hours ago, james-99 said:

My players are constantly moaning i'm not accepting low bids for them

Can you not see the correlation between these two statements? The AI is trying, and succeeding, to unsettle your players so they can be sold for less. You can, by the way, do the exact same thing to AI players (and you should be). This is the reason for low AI bids. They are setting the stage for a proper bid later in the window. 

When dealing with unhappy players from this, I find it best to say I will sell them if the correct offer comes in. It can be difficult to reach an agreement on the valuation, but try to select something you would accept (or do not accept anything). The player is happy, and often the AI will not make a bid because they did not want to pay so highly. So after the window, the player will usually be happy to stay at the club because there is no more interest. If you cannot agree an asking price with the player, he may become unhappy, but again usually he will be okay one the window ends and no bid was coming anyway. It is not foolproof, but it works for me most of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sporadicsmiles said:

 

Can you not see the correlation between these two statements? The AI is trying, and succeeding, to unsettle your players so they can be sold for less. You can, by the way, do the exact same thing to AI players (and you should be). This is the reason for low AI bids. They are setting the stage for a proper bid later in the window

When dealing with unhappy players from this, I find it best to say I will sell them if the correct offer comes in. It can be difficult to reach an agreement on the valuation, but try to select something you would accept (or do not accept anything). The player is happy, and often the AI will not make a bid because they did not want to pay so highly. So after the window, the player will usually be happy to stay at the club because there is no more interest. If you cannot agree an asking price with the player, he may become unhappy, but again usually he will be okay one the window ends and no bid was coming anyway. It is not foolproof, but it works for me most of the time.

Well for example Lafont is worth 20+ MLN PLN and I was making offers like every 5mln added till I got more than 100mln + PLN offer and he was unsettled and angry that they not let him go to my team Valencia, but they still didn't accept for price more than 5x his current value, in the mid time the computer is making the bids for almost all my squad under their value, what am I doing? I am putting negotiate deal for example if someone have release clause 300 mln I am saying I want 299MLN pln, but they offer even less next time for my Key player that is not on transfer list, so ... ?

 

I made players unsettled after they bought Kondogbia from me using release clause, since I got offer in 1st transfer window for him and since than he wouldn't even like to talk about negotiating a contract, even if I was 2nd in the league and in final of CL I lost 5-4 with Liverpool...

 

I offered a lot for players 2x of their value, even for Arthur from Barcelona who is transfered listed and they didn't accept. But they want me to accept offer below their value and not transfer listed so there IS SOMETHING WRONG in my opinion...it should go both ways for me and for AI...

 

Even if someone will argue and I told him for example he is worth 18 mln I told I will sell for 20, etc they agree that the price is right with me but still AI don't offer that, offer less over and over...

 

 

btw. Even if I got 308mln PLN for Kondogbia I wasn't able to buy someone like that even a little bit weaker for that money... and I don't think AI will overpay 2-3 times or more like I would have to if I will have that much money, because they will not sell for less...

Edited by LukasZ_VCF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do wonder how common this sort of thing is IRL- is there a whole raft of under market value offers happening that we just don't know about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I don't think if someone tell I want 100mln for XXX than someone will try to buy him for less... There is a value that you expect and even when you put the number in there this doesn't help at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

Well I don't think if someone tell I want 100mln for XXX than someone will try to buy him for less... There is a value that you expect and even when you put the number in there this doesn't help at all

It makes it worse for me - this results in AI putting in non-negotiable bids for laughable money. If I reject, I end up with a mutiny on my hands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, physiar said:

It makes it worse for me - this results in AI putting in non-negotiable bids for laughable money. If I reject, I end up with a mutiny on my hands. 

I agree I meant in real life if club says we want 100mln for Messi, no one will try to buy him fo 60-70, but AI is doing that over and over just to mess with your players morale

 

Another example : If i put red lock on bid so I don't want it to be negotiated, they somehow change it and give me changed offer, but if I receive it from them it is LOCKED and I can't change it, so how come it's not working both way for AI too ?

Edited by LukasZ_VCF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, physiar said:

It makes it worse for me - this results in AI putting in non-negotiable bids for laughable money. If I reject, I end up with a mutiny on my hands. 

This is the point though. Forcing you to sell for cheaper.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

This is the point though. Forcing you to sell for cheaper.  ;)

What I mean is that if I don't put a price in at all, they come in with a negotiable bid - I can then ask for, say 80M for a 15M player, and they will just withdraw the bid. Player does not get unhappy, and everyone gets on with life. They will come in later with another bid, and the cycle repeats itself, but that's a different matter that has been done to death on these forums.  

On the other hand, if I do set up an asking price, they will come in with a non-negotiable bid of, say, 8M (for the same player), and all hell breaks loose if you reject that one. 

Something doesn't quite add up IMHO (I'm commenting on the game mechanics, rather than on the scope of simulating real life... I do get the point of the AI trying to force you to sell cheaper). 

Edited by physiar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, physiar said:

What I mean is that if I don't put a price in at all, they come in with a negotiable bid - I can then ask for, say 80M for a 15M player, and they will just withdraw the bid. Player does not get unhappy, and everyone gets on with life. They will come in later with another bid, and the cycle repeats itself, but that's a different matter that has been done to death on these forums.  

On the other hand, if I do set up an asking price, they will come in with a bid of, say, 8M (for the same player), and all hell breaks loose if you reject that one. 

Something doesn't quite add up IMHO (I'm commenting on the game mechanics, rather than on the scope of simulating real life... I do get the point of the AI trying to force you to sell cheaper). 

It all depends on the context of what is happening. Maybe they don't have any more money? Maybe they're only willing to spend up to a certain amount for a player they consider to be rotation or backup? Maybe your valuation is ridiculous? Maybe they're wating for the player to become unsettled? If not and there isn't a chance of upsetting the player, then it is worth looking into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HUNT3R said:

It all depends on the context of what is happening. Maybe they don't have any more money? Maybe they're only willing to spend up to a certain amount for a player they consider to be rotation or backup? Maybe your valuation is ridiculous? Maybe they're wating for the player to become unsettled? If not and there isn't a chance of upsetting the player, then it is worth looking into.

It all depends on the context of what is happening. Maybe they don't have any more money?  This is the same club putting in bids, one non-negotiable for a pittance (when I set an asking price) and one fully negotiable (when I don't). 

Maybe they're only willing to spend up to a certain amount for a player they consider to be rotation or backup? See above

Maybe your valuation is ridiculous? Yes, purposefully so... I do not want to sell (sort of saying, come on, indulge me) 

Maybe they're wating for the player to become unsettled? If not and there isn't a chance of upsetting the player, then it is worth looking into. The point I was making is that I have complete control on whether the player becomes unsettled, simply by not setting an asking price and then asking for gazillions when a [negotiable (see above again)] bid does come in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, physiar said:

The point I was making is that I have complete control on whether the player becomes unsettled, simply by not setting an asking price and then asking for gazillions when a [negotiable (see above again)] bid does come in. 

You don't though. If the club right makes an offer, regardless of asking price, the player could become unsettled.

 

We really need to fill in all of the details. It isn't a simple mechanic or a simple module (it's 2nd only to the ME) so we really need to dig deep to see if it's an issue or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

This is the point though. Forcing you to sell for cheaper.  ;)

Yes I know but it should work in both ways...for example I made Lafont and other players morale to the lowest red lvl and they still don't want to sell him even if he wants to join my team for prices like 4-5x more than their value... so it's not working if you do this...since they will never agree on that, but they want you to agree?

 

for example player is worth 100mln

 

they offer, i don't accept few times, they make morale as low as it gets, it effect my entire team so i agree and will sell him lets say for 100mln (if they will make offer like that I didn't check, they offered always lower price than player value but lets say that they offer that [i doubt they will offer more than a value] )

 

I am doing the same, lowest morale, player want to join my team he is worth 100mln, I offer 200, 300, 400,500 and they still reject heh...

Edited by LukasZ_VCF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a bigger or wealthier club is trying to unsettle one of your players, it usually helps if you know what to say to them.

PSG offered me €26million for Almamy Touré, which was his value (I won't sell for less than €60million; he's that important). Touré got a little unsettled, but because the dressing room atmosphere here at Fiorentina was high, I asked him whether he wanted to leave that behind. He said, "You're right; money isn't everything," and now doesn't mind if I continue to turn down offers for him.

As for examples of unsettling other teams' players...

Federico Bernardeschi - a former Fiorentina player - wanted to leave PSG because he wasn't getting much first-team football. They transfer-listed him at €41million. I offered PSG that amount on the final day of the January window, they accepted, and we agreed a contract with him... but the deal couldn't be completed in time.

Bernardeschi got very upset at PSG again because they "refused" to let him move back to Fiorentina (there was probably some FM weirdness going on there). By the end of the season, his asking price had been slashed to €18million, which was what I eventually signed him for in June.

Here's an arguably better example from the same career. After my scouts found a 16-year-old, 5* potential striker in Belgium that I really liked the look of, I offered his club a few million Euro (without suggesting terms first), just to test the water. They turned that down; the player got annoyed. I upped my bid by another million. They turned that down too; the player got even more annoyed. I think I went as far as €5million and they still rejected it.

Almost a year down the line, and this lad - now 17 - was still so annoyed with his club over their rejecting our offers that he had refused to sign any professional contract with them. I got him signed to a pre-contract agreement at the earliest opportunity, and he officially joined Fiorentina on a free transfer this summer. :D

Edited by CFuller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CFuller said:

If a bigger or wealthier club is trying to unsettle one of your players, it usually helps if you know what to say to them.

PSG offered me €26million for Almamy Touré, which was his value (I won't sell for less than €60million; he's that important). Touré got a little unsettled, but because the dressing room atmosphere here at Fiorentina was high, I asked him whether he wanted to leave that behind. He said, "You're right; money isn't everything," and now doesn't mind if I continue to turn down offers for him.

As for examples of unsettling other teams' players...

Federico Bernardeschi - a former Fiorentina player - wanted to leave PSG because he wasn't getting much first-team football. They transfer-listed him at €41million. I offered PSG that amount on the final day of the January window, they accepted, and we agreed a contract with him... but the deal couldn't be completed in time.

Bernardeschi got very upset at PSG again because they "refused" to let him move back to Fiorentina (there was probably some FM weirdness going on there). By the end of the season, his asking price had been slashed to €18million, which was what I eventually signed him for in June.

Here's an arguably better example from the same career. After my scouts found a 16-year-old, 5* potential striker in Belgium that I really liked the look of, I offered his club a few million Euro (without suggesting terms first), just to test the water. They turned that down; the player got annoyed. I upped my bid by another million. They turned that down too; the player got even more annoyed. I think I went as far as €5million and they still rejected it.

Almost a year down the line, and this lad - now 17 - was still so annoyed with his club over their rejecting our offers that he had refused to sign any professional contract with them. I got him signed to a pre-contract agreement at the earliest opportunity, and he officially joined Fiorentina on a free transfer this summer. :D

Nice.

 

Well I had problems with Zaza leaving from the start, but he was already sold before game starts so I couldn't do anything...maybe that's why it's so hard now because the players have that opinion branded forever of me....and it would change only with new manager or if I change team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

Yes I know but it should work in both ways...for example I made Lafont and other players morale to the lowest red lvl and they still don't want to sell him even if he wants to join my team for prices like 4-5x more than their value... so it's not working if you do this...since they will never agree on that, but they want you to agree? 

It does "work" both ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am trying to get Lafont from Fiorentina and Artur from Barcelona and some of less know players for months... Lafont is now worth 25mln PLN i offer 25,30,35, and so on till I get  ~~110 , than I go back and offer from start the same offer, he is really angry and wants to join they still don't want to sell him for 5x his value, with Artur I am making bid adding 1mln and with others too but noone agreed on any offer all of them much higher than value of player ;/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes the reality is that teams don't want to let go of players too (same goes for me).

My home grown, star in the making that led me to Europa League championship last year is being courted by most big teams. I have a foreign club release clause that expires in a year for €65m and his value is currently €40m. I'm down for selling him for a smidge less that the clause if I can also get a huge next sale clause to a foreign club, but anyone in Domestic league better be offering me close to €100m with next sale clauses haha. I have the player signed for the next 7 years so part of me is perfectly content riding that out and seeing if his feelings change in a few years or if I end up selling him with 1-2 years left on his contract.

He's only 18 and he'll only be better when he's 23!

 

And under *no* circumstances will I sell him for less than his listed value because he's too valuable to my team and he's only going to get better!

Edited by alanschu14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

I am trying to get Lafont from Fiorentina and Artur from Barcelona and some of less know players for months... Lafont is now worth 25mln PLN i offer 25,30,35, and so on till I get  ~~110 , than I go back and offer from start the same offer, he is really angry and wants to join they still don't want to sell him for 5x his value, with Artur I am making bid adding 1mln and with others too but noone agreed on any offer all of them much higher than value of player ;/

You can persist and see if anything changes. Haven't you had an unhappy player that you also still refused to sell? That's what's happening here. I suspect that he didn't get a lot of dressing room support or that the manager had a good meeting with the team, so although he's unhappy, the rest of the squad is still on the manager's side. It's the same situations we face as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I should making the bids (keeping low morale an him angry at his current club) till he will have like 6 months to the end of the contract so I can sign him for free?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

So I should making the bids (keeping low morale an him angry at his current club) till he will have like 6 months to the end of the contract so I can sign him for free?

That's certainly a possible way to get him. :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

So I should making the bids (keeping low morale an him angry at his current club) till he will have like 6 months to the end of the contract so I can sign him for free?

That could help, though you might not have to keep making bids.

My last cash offer for that Belgian striker I was talking about was made more than a year before his contract was due to expire (and 10 months before I got to sign him on a pre-contract). There's also a defender at Athletic Bilbao who's been unsettled there for an entire season after they turned down my advances for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea but the problem is they still have few years of contract and I will have to wait a long time...

 

For prices like 5x someone value I should easily buy someone right away...

 

 

And I don't think AI will ever offer prices like that even 3x value or 2x value etc

Edited by LukasZ_VCF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You also need to bear in mind how interested the player is in joining your club and how professional he is.

If he's only moderately interested in joining, he probably won't be too annoyed at his club for repeatedly turning down bids. And if he's professional, he's unlikely to get publicly angry with his team.

And without those things, there's no real incentive for the club to sell him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is really ridiculous is that i'm the manager of Real Madrid, after winning 2 consecutive Ligas and having reached the Champions League final, I had to sell Asensio to Chelsea. He was unhappy because I had refused some offers and because "he cannot lose the opportunity to play in that team". Chelsea in my game didn't win anything, of course. And as a Club reputation i'm above them. Simply the AI, as happens with the Match Engine, not being able to compete with the human player makes things complicated by rigging the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think maybe they messed up some algorytm and players see only league reputation and England have higher than Spain or they don't see changes of reputation...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minuto fa, LukasZ_VCF ha scritto:

I think maybe they messed up some algorytm and players see only league reputation and England have higher than Spain or they don't see changes of reputation...

In my game LaLiga is the league with the higher reputation at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Algarde said:

Simply the AI, as happens with the Match Engine, not being able to compete with the human player makes things complicated by rigging the game.

Although there can be issues (and there are) with both these modules, nothing is rigged.

 

24 minutes ago, Algarde said:

What is really ridiculous is that i'm the manager of Real Madrid, after winning 2 consecutive Ligas and having reached the Champions League final, I had to sell Asensio to Chelsea. He was unhappy because I had refused some offers and because "he cannot lose the opportunity to play in that team". Chelsea in my game didn't win anything, of course. And as a Club reputation i'm above them.

Was that the exact reason? It wasn't perhaps driven by the prospect of very high wages?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So like I said maybe they don't see changes... Kondogbia for me left from Valencia to Tottenham who was 6th in league and in next season played only in EL, I was 2nd and I lost in CL final with Liverpool...

 

 

 

Quote

Was that the exact reason? It wasn't perhaps driven by the prospect of very high wages?

Not in my case I think he is now earning like 2,8mln or something like that and was maybe a little bit less I thought he would be earning like 5mln pln in their team, even Rodrigo wants 5mln pln now in my team, so I am waiting and probably I will sell him in last season...

Edited by LukasZ_VCF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minuti fa, HUNT3R ha scritto:

Was that the exact reason? It wasn't perhaps driven by the prospect of very high wages?

Not in this case because at Chelsea Asensio is payed less than before at Real. 14M vs 18,5M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Algarde said:

Not in this case because at Chelsea Asensio is payed less than before at Real. 14M vs 18,5M

Okay, but as I asked, can you remember what the exact reason was for him wanting to leave? Players usually say it's because of the higher wages, a more reputable club, better players or a better league. 

 

Reading that helps understand the request better and will also make it a bit clearer about whether it's logical or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No complaining but I had a couple of funny ones last night

I had Bakayoko on loan from Chelsea for the season, signed him as a squad player & he proved pretty useful. He was worth 42M, come the end of the season so I ask Chelsea what they want for him, they want 72 mill so I left it. A week later, he goes to PSG for 36 mill who immediately decide he's not good enough for them & list him 87 mill

I lost Comon to Real, the Real players talked him up for 6 months & he wanted to go so I sold him for 77 mill. I needed a replacement as he was key out on the right wing so brought in Ousmane Dembele from Man City for 144 Mill. Bertrand Troare comes to be moaning about the signing, feeling he's being pushed out. I ended up annoying him because none of the answers I could give him would explain the situation. They were all, you must play better, you must score more, you must improve in training  to stay ahead of him in the team. All I wanted to say was "He's not here to replace you, you both are going to play completely different roles & are both important players" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

he goes to PSG for 36 mill who immediately decide he's not good enough for them & list him 87 mill

I'm sure this was reported, but I can't find the thread now. In any case, this is a bug, so if you have a save handy, please report it.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I ended up annoying him because none of the answers I could give him would explain the situation. They were all, you must play better, you must score more, you must improve in training  to stay ahead of him in the team. All I wanted to say was "He's not here to replace you, you both are going to play completely different roles & are both important players" 

There should have been an option to say he's not replacing Traore. If there wasn't this is worth reporting as well, with a save from before the chat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

I'm sure this was reported, but I can't find the thread now. In any case, this is a bug, so if you have a save handy, please report it.

There should have been an option to say he's not replacing Traore. If there wasn't this is worth reporting as well, with a save from before the chat.

Ah, okay, I didn't know that, I'll go & have a look for the thread, I only have a save for after these events though so I can't replicate the Traore chat. I can't remember the first chat option I selected but the second set of answers, there were about 8 to choose & none of them where assuring toward him 

Actually, I'll check the auto save & see where it saved 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Johnny Ace said:

Ah, okay, I didn't know that, I'll go & have a look for the thread, I only have a save for after these events though so I can't replicate the Traore chat. I can't remember the first chat option I selected but the second set of answers, there were about 8 to choose & none of them where assuring toward him 

Actually, I'll check the auto save & see where it saved 

 

Don't worry about the old thread if you don't see it. Create a new one. The report is what's important and for SI to reproduce the issue, a save game would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 ore fa, HUNT3R ha scritto:

Okay, but as I asked, can you remember what the exact reason was for him wanting to leave? Players usually say it's because of the higher wages, a more reputable club, better players or a better league. 

 

Reading that helps understand the request better and will also make it a bit clearer about whether it's logical or not.

He said he wants to move because they have shown a lot of interest in him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bothan Spy said:

You literally cannot give players away at the start of a new game.

Please don't start this again. It was explained to you in detail (in a thread in GD and one in the bug forum) by users, mods and SI themselves last time that the first transfer window is intentionally slower (not stopped completely) because teams have already done their business IRL and have settled squads with mostly spent budgets. Things start picking up as normal after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/12/2018 at 15:57, HUNT3R said:

This is the point though. Forcing you to sell for cheaper.  ;)

I get your point, but it would be more fun if we could do a bit of haggling. And more realistic. I actually don't mind selling someone I want to get shot of for below his stated value, but the deal-making could be a bit more fluid more often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel the opposite. the transfer mechanics in the game are too easy to exploit, and it's operating in the exact same way it's been for years. like you can loan out players for £300k a month regardless if he's a world class or a washed up player. every season i get £50m from these loans alone. and whenever you want to sell a player, it's almost always better to offer to loan them out with a mandatory fee. a team won't pay over £40m for player A would agree to pay £70m after the loan period plus the £300k/month fee.

and if an AI managed team NEEDS a player in a certain position (especially GK), you can make them pay you ridiculous amount for a loan-to-buy transfer, TWICE. the other day I had rulli loaned to dortmund until end of the year, so they decided to sell their other GK, then i recalled rulli, then immediately offered him AND bern leno on loan, with a mandatory fee of £141 MILLIONS. dortmund accepted my offers for both of them. and eventually paid me £282mil for 2 decent GKs, which they ended up benching one.

and there are many many other exploits that have been in the game for years that are still behaving exactly the same, so I'm led to believe that SI is just copy pasting everything game to game without updating anything

 

and don't tell me "well you can just not use these bugs instead of complaining about them". it's not really the point, for a game that brings in millions $ a year that don't require much developing, it's a joke that they don't even fix these bugs that's been in the game for years. and also i was only listing exploitable bugs, there are negative bugs that you have to play with without a way to avoid them

 

https://snag.gy/NBgF4w.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW how come AI can negotiate red lock ? I put an offer and all with red locks and they still negotiate it... but in other way it doesn't work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

There should have been an option to say he's not replacing Traore. If there wasn't this is worth reporting as well, with a save from before the chat.

I had that option and chose it, except I hadn't realised it was just a reworded way of telling him he'd get more First-Team football. 12 months later, the player's still complaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

BTW how come AI can negotiate red lock ? I put an offer and all with red locks and they still negotiate it... but in other way it doesn't work

It's a bug. There was a report, but more info is needed. If you are able to add more info, please do here : 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, raizen said:

I feel the opposite. the transfer mechanics in the game are too easy to exploit, and it's operating in the exact same way it's been for years. like you can loan out players for £300k a month regardless if he's a world class or a washed up player. every season i get £50m from these loans alone. and whenever you want to sell a player, it's almost always better to offer to loan them out with a mandatory fee. a team won't pay over £40m for player A would agree to pay £70m after the loan period plus the £300k/month fee.

and if an AI managed team NEEDS a player in a certain position (especially GK), you can make them pay you ridiculous amount for a loan-to-buy transfer, TWICE. the other day I had rulli loaned to dortmund until end of the year, so they decided to sell their other GK, then i recalled rulli, then immediately offered him AND bern leno on loan, with a mandatory fee of £141 MILLIONS. dortmund accepted my offers for both of them. and eventually paid me £282mil for 2 decent GKs, which they ended up benching one.

and there are many many other exploits that have been in the game for years that are still behaving exactly the same, so I'm led to believe that SI is just copy pasting everything game to game without updating anything

 

and don't tell me "well you can just not use these bugs instead of complaining about them". it's not really the point, for a game that brings in millions $ a year that don't require much developing, it's a joke that they don't even fix these bugs that's been in the game for years. and also i was only listing exploitable bugs, there are negative bugs that you have to play with without a way to avoid them

 

https://snag.gy/NBgF4w.jpg

Please report issues you find, ideally with a save game that reproduces the issue. That's the best way to get it looked into and fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, scass said:

I get your point, but it would be more fun if we could do a bit of haggling. And more realistic. I actually don't mind selling someone I want to get shot of for below his stated value, but the deal-making could be a bit more fluid more often.

More negotiation is always good but often, if a team immediately pulls out, it's because they either don't have more money or because they have a limit to how much they want to pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...