"wrong division level set" error with sub-divisions

AndD

I seem to have the same problem as reported at https://community.sigames.com/topic/418629-adding-lower-leagues/, trying to reproduce a league structure analogous to England's: "Division 5", Level 5, is parent of "Division 6 North & South", which is set to Level 6 and is parent of "Division 6 North" and "Division 6 South", both also set to Level 6. All are added as divisions in Nation Rules; "Division 6 North & South" is added as a division with sub-divisions "Division 6 North" and "Division 6 South". Test Rules generates error message "Division 6 North has the wrong division level set. This should be set to 7 in the Div 6 North competition record in the database." This seems to make no sense, since Division 6 North is at Level 6 of the league pyramid. If I do edit the record to make it Level 7 (as per the advice given at the link above), then Test Rules just generates an error saying that Division 6 South should be set to Level 8.

It seems as though the editor wants to treat each division (that has teams) as a level lower than the division (that has teams) previous to it in the list of added divisions. If so, in some not-very-obvious way I have failed to get the editor to recognize that sub-divisions are on the same level.

What am I doing wrong?

Remember it's starts at level 1 in the database but in the competition level it starts at 0 . So your first division would be 1 in the database and 0 in the comp . Your next division would be 2 in the database but 1 in the comp and so forth . So level 7 is actually level 6 because 6 is the 7th level of the comp . Also child comps dont require a level number only the parent comp 

Archived