Sports Interactive Community
rc1269

Was There A Change In Newgen PA In The Recent Update?

I recently started a new save after the last update and noticed a surprising lack of PA in newgens in the initial database (60k database).  All newgens capped around 120 PA.  I thought it seemed glitchy so I started several new saves and tested it, and regardless of the nation or team I selected there were no newgens with a PA higher than 120.  I went into the editor and even made some tweaks to a few nations' Youth Rating (bumping them all the way to 180-200), and still there were no newgens with a PA over 120.  

Was there a balance change implemented in the update that could cause this?

Anybody?  I've tried every iteration of setting and can't seem any way around this.  I noticed another post referencing a 119 PA cap on newgens as well, so it must not just be me. 

Literally my game cannot generate a player with a PA higher than 119.  That's kind of a game breaking bug; I would think this would get top priority / lots of attention... ?

I don't have a whole lot of incentive to start a multi-month save game if the future universe of players will be capped at 119.

This issue didn't happen in any of my prior saves before the new patch

4 hours ago, Tha Real behanger said:

Quick check, this is only with newgens at the beginning. At the youth intake they have pa above 119

Cool, thanks for following up.  I was going to run a test game through new intake to see if that was the case, so you saved me some time!

It is still a little obnoxious for those of us who like to create custom leagues.  I like to play a full USA league with promotion and relegation and basically the teams outside of the original MLS clubs are useless, rendering the custom league unplayable.  This was an unfortunate "fix" they implemented.  Probably no big deal for people who play standard leagues.  

The cap is by design only for players added to teams at the start of the game, however we agree that the cap is too low at 119 so it will be increased in a future update.

Thanks. 

On 16/01/2019 at 05:19, Neil Brock said:

The cap is by design only for players added to teams at the start of the game, however we agree that the cap is too low at 119 so it will be increased in a future update.

Thanks. 

Hi there

I just started playing an older save in FM 18 , which is in year 2021, and noticed that youth intake now appears to have a PA cap of 159.  I have re-run the Brazilian intake on Sept 7, 2021, about 20 times now as a test and haven't gotten a single newgen with PA over 159.  Can you confirm whether this cap has indeed been put in place?  

Also, I thought the cap was meant to be implemented at the start of a save/new DB... ?  This save is 4 years in.

Apologies I know this is an FM 18 question but there is no longer a section to post this to under FM 18 forum.  However, I presume any such DB patch for FM 18 probably also occurred in FM 19, per my original inquiry here.

26 minutes ago, rc1269 said:

Hi there

I just started playing an older save in FM 18 , which is in year 2021, and noticed that youth intake now appears to have a PA cap of 159.  I have re-run the Brazilian intake on Sept 7, 2021, about 20 times now as a test and haven't gotten a single newgen with PA over 159.  Can you confirm whether this cap has indeed been put in place?  

Also, I thought the cap was meant to be implemented at the start of a save/new DB... ?  This save is 4 years in.

Apologies I know this is an FM 18 question but there is no longer a section to post this to under FM 18 forum.  However, I presume any such DB patch for FM 18 probably also occurred in FM 19, per my original inquiry here.

The change referred to above is for FM19 only. I'm unsure if/what was in place for this in FM18, but it will not be changed in either the last or any future updates.

1 hour ago, Seb Wassell said:

The change referred to above is for FM19 only. I'm unsure if/what was in place for this in FM18, but it will not be changed in either the last or any future updates.

That's really strange then!

thanks