Is it still possible to have a quick scout report about a player?

Hello,

I used to play FM 2017, where you were able to send a scout for a quick report on a player which would arrive in your inbox after a day. I am playing now FM 2019 and when I send a scout for a report he scouts the player for a week by default.

I would like to ask if it is still possible to get a scout report as before, as it was more convenient given that you could scout a larger number of players in a shorter time.

The less possible scouting time is a week indeed. Although, what I have found is the following:

If you choose to scout and then wait for a day, the report card is often renewed. The next 6 days are used only to gather more knowledge. So essentially if you only want a report card, scout and wait a day, and you will see his new report card.

Test this by scouting a player you have already scouted some time ago, and after a day check the scouting date on the top right corner of his report card to see if it changed.

A basic scout report can still be produced quickly, it's the level of knowledge that changes. Scout a player from Uruguay when you have very little knowledge of the country and you might get the report very shortly but it'll be maybe 10% knowledge so you can't even see attributes yet. If you scout in your own country though you can get a high knowledge report very quickly. 

Overall I'd really recommend keeping a large shortlist in FM19 and ticking the box to keep reports up to date, it needs to include not just players you want but also potential replacements so you're prepared for any deadline day shanenigans. 

True that, keeping scout reports up to date really helps. My first transfer windows where I did not have this checked were a nightmare!!

This option is only available in your shortlist, and will update your shortlisted players every three months. But pay attention to your scouting costs. For Lower League teams this must be balanced accordingly.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, GC28 said:

Getting a team report is helpful 

I have done this a few teams as a 'quick and dirty' way of having a quick look at possible players.

The report card does update in less than a week, but it is a flimsy report - essentially, it's information that can be gleaned from the media and 'mates in the game' - the deeper report can only come after the scout has actually seen the player in question - which can't come any sooner then the player's next appearance.

My shortlists are set up so I have an U18s list, and U23s list, a Backup list and a First Team list.  These are populated with players I want to keep tabs on, and sorted by CA / Age. Approaching a window, I select the players that will be my 'Targets' and copy them into the Default list.

Should one of my guys suddenly break his leg, or decides to leave, then there is a ready-made list of possible replacements I can draw on to fill the space left, whether he is a first team or Key player, a youth prospect or whatever.

Archived