Sports Interactive Community
ArturBoruc

Primeira Liga Portugal

Has anyone played in the Portuguese leagues and Is there much income from the league or is the main source of income going to be through European football?

Just started a boavista save,try and get European football then bring the title back and there doesn’t seem to be much funds outside of the top teams 

thanks 

Edited by ArturBoruc

Yeah... I know what you mean. I'm omw to failing on my 2nd atempt with Boavista.

What I did to raise funds was to sell David Simão (probably the best player) for around 2.5M €. You could sell Sparagna also, as he earns A LOT compared to the rest of the squad.

That's how I got the money. But still, I think the squad is weak to go for european places. OR, I could be training them very badly...

Edited by Beltsu

I love this league as its really easy to have players in the b team still getting valuable playing time, and registering them as homegrown in the process.

It's extremely lax on registration as well, and wonderkids come every year. Got a nice 100 + game undefeated streak going on my Benfica save in fM17. Won the league first year, and haven't lost a match since.

On 13/12/2018 at 00:30, Beltsu said:

Yeah... I know what you mean. I'm omw to failing on my 2nd atempt with Boavista.

What I did to raise funds was to sell David Simão (probably the best player) for around 2.5M €. You could sell Sparagna also, as he earns A LOT compared to the rest of the squad.

That's how I got the money. But still, I think the squad is weak to go for european places. OR, I could be training them very badly...

Yeah I had a few bids in for Simao but not accepted yet,how did you get on with boavista?

On 16/12/2018 at 00:23, ArturBoruc said:

Yeah I had a few bids in for Simao but not accepted yet,how did you get on with boavista?

Pretty bad, I’m afraid. Tried 2 saves. Started well the league, keeping in European places, drawing 0-0 away with Benfica and Porto, but then, on both saves, after 6-8 games, it all went downhill. I achieved, on both saves, a 12 games streak with no wins (on the league). The team hardly scored. On 2nd save, Yusupha, my best scorer had 7 goals(league and cups), when I was sacked after 23 rounds.

Em 13/12/2018 em 00:01, ArturBoruc disse:

Has anyone played in the Portuguese leagues and Is there much income from the league or is the main source of income going to be through European football?

Just started a boavista save,try and get European football then bring the title back and there doesn’t seem to be much funds outside of the top teams 

thanks 

Even for the "3 giants", most of the income comes from the Champions League.

The league doesn't offer any money prize regardless of your achievements and TV income for most teams is low. You can see IRL how bad things are, with some teams not even able to pay the monthly wage of their players. It's hard.

Your best bet, besides european competitions, is try to spot wonderkids (we portuguese have good young players every year), sign them with big release clauses, develop them and then sell them. You can see how Feirense hit the jackpot when they sold Etebo for 7 million (before him the record was selling Vaná for 1 million, see the difference), or how Portimonense is jumping with joy with the chance of selling Nakajima for more than 10 million... For a club of that size, is a LOT of money.

Edited by 99