Work Permit (Post-Brexit)

In my save the new Brexit WP's are already in place. I was trying to sign a Netherlands players Ryan Gravenberch (18 yrs old, no cap) but it is WP application is rejected. 

Some said if the club is offering a 3k per wk contract for youth squad player and 5k for senior squad players, the system will give it a go eventually. However, my case is quite something.

E. Reynoso - 24 yrs old, 1 cap from Argentine in 2020 summer. WP rejected
A US new gen - 18 yrs old, 4 caps and 2 goals, WP approved.
R. Gravenberch - 18 yrs old Netherlands Wonderkids, offering backup role and 20k per week. WP rejected.
A China new gen - 18 yrs old, 2 caps, WP rejected.

It is a bug or the requirements are just too tough as the GK will be a big problem here. And I am quite confused on the approval guideline. The system has given the US new gen a go, but he rejected Reynoso and a China new gen's application.

read the rules section of the league, not all brexits are the same, u could have gotten one where there is no minimum salary and on top of that the US kid has 4 caps and the others only once or twice, normally having 4 caps in a row is good enough if the kid have potential and the nation team didn't have much activity in the last 2 years (non continental cup/world cup year)

US guy as i said could get a past with those rules with no problems, chinese guy WILL get rejected unless u paid big money for him and give a rotation status like salary

for the argentinian and the dutch is a little tricky tho

for the argentinian the appeal could get u a pass if u pay more than 10M (if he plays in argentina or brazil top flight that is)

For the dutch its the same as the argentinian, but changing the league point for salary point, that is if his salary is one of the 23 best salaries (at least that how i think it works)

for the last two i need info on their transfer to see whats wrong, if u paid less than 10M for each one u will not get wp for then, (especially the dutch since eredivisie not a top league in europe and im guessing u pay more than 40K to most of your first team and rotation players so less points for him)

8 hours ago, liuming said:

In my save the new Brexit WP's are already in place. I was trying to sign a Netherlands players Ryan Gravenberch (18 yrs old, no cap) but it is WP application is rejected. 

Some said if the club is offering a 3k per wk contract for youth squad player and 5k for senior squad players, the system will give it a go eventually. However, my case is quite something.

E. Reynoso - 24 yrs old, 1 cap from Argentine in 2020 summer. WP rejected
A US new gen - 18 yrs old, 4 caps and 2 goals, WP approved.
R. Gravenberch - 18 yrs old Netherlands Wonderkids, offering backup role and 20k per week. WP rejected.
A China new gen - 18 yrs old, 2 caps, WP rejected.

It is a bug or the requirements are just too tough as the GK will be a big problem here. And I am quite confused on the approval guideline. The system has given the US new gen a go, but he rejected Reynoso and a China new gen's application.

So all four of them fall short of the international appearance rule and so fail to automatically qualify for a permit, so therefore you're in to the appeals process.

Now you need to get 4 points for them and obviously none of them have reached the required 4 points.

It's really not rocket science!

9 hours ago, WorcesterLegend said:

US guy as i said could get a past with those rules with no problems, chinese guy WILL get rejected unless u paid big money for him and give a rotation status like salary

for the argentinian and the dutch is a little tricky tho

for the argentinian the appeal could get u a pass if u pay more than 10M (if he plays in argentina or brazil top flight that is)

For the dutch its the same as the argentinian, but changing the league point for salary point, that is if his salary is one of the 23 best salaries (at least that how i think it works)

for the last two i need info on their transfer to see whats wrong, if u paid less than 10M for each one u will not get wp for then, (especially the dutch since eredivisie not a top league in europe and im guessing u pay more than 40K to most of your first team and rotation players so less points for him)

Thanks mate. However, my team is Newcastle and I will not able to afford high salary. For E. Reneyso (from Boca) I have spent 10M and pay him 40k a week. For Dutch wonderkid I have spent 14.5M and pay him 20k a week. For the Chinese new gen, I tried to pay him 18M (!?) and 10k a week for a just 18 yrs old boy (who is now with Serie A's Inter).

I am just trying to understand the line. I accept to play and train more with my local youth. But when I need to improve my team, it seems the only choice is the capped player and that is non-sense. I bet Reneyso is a lot better than a capped player in some experience internationals coming from Asian or Mid-America countries, as they are just different class.

I have read some articles in other forums, some said the salary is the line and offering 3k/5k (or 5k/8k) to the youth/senior. If then, from your reply, is that mean it depends on the case of Brexit in each save? 

7 hours ago, mack4ever said:

So all four of them fall short of the international appearance rule and so fail to automatically qualify for a permit, so therefore you're in to the appeals process.

Now you need to get 4 points for them and obviously none of them have reached the required 4 points.

It's really not rocket science!

Thanks mack4ever!

I will be quite disappointed as that will only limit my choice of player in my db. Given there are 211 national teams and each team has 23 players and the maths will be 4853 possible choices out there. However, if your player db is not big enough and you choose few leagues to play and view (in my save, i make UK and spain playable and Germany/Italy/France/Netherlands viewable), I guess only about 20% of total possible choice (i.e 1000 players) will be ok to sign. Most of them have already signed by the big clubs (in 2018, there are 32 teams playing European Champion League group stage and 48 teams are playing Europa League group stage) and the overseas club like FCP could sign the young and promising talent. The game setting is actually leave me no choice but focus on the players from local league.

And if then, the choice of GK will fall short in the first place. You just play 1 GK in each national team and you won't change the starting lineup very frequent. In the case like De Gea will not gain his WP as at the time he joined Man Utd, Iker Casillas was still prime. G. Buffon was in his prime for more about 20 years and so you won't be able to sign any Italian GK in the past 20 years. Not mentioned that the big team will take away your best player from your team as they are playing ECC/Europa. 

It's really not rocket science! Yes, but it is tough and not realistic.

11 hours ago, liuming said:

Thanks mack4ever!

I will be quite disappointed as that will only limit my choice of player in my db. Given there are 211 national teams and each team has 23 players and the maths will be 4853 possible choices out there. However, if your player db is not big enough and you choose few leagues to play and view (in my save, i make UK and spain playable and Germany/Italy/France/Netherlands viewable), I guess only about 20% of total possible choice (i.e 1000 players) will be ok to sign. Most of them have already signed by the big clubs (in 2018, there are 32 teams playing European Champion League group stage and 48 teams are playing Europa League group stage) and the overseas club like FCP could sign the young and promising talent. The game setting is actually leave me no choice but focus on the players from local league.

And if then, the choice of GK will fall short in the first place. You just play 1 GK in each national team and you won't change the starting lineup very frequent. In the case like De Gea will not gain his WP as at the time he joined Man Utd, Iker Casillas was still prime. G. Buffon was in his prime for more about 20 years and so you won't be able to sign any Italian GK in the past 20 years. Not mentioned that the big team will take away your best player from your team as they are playing ECC/Europa. 

It's really not rocket science! Yes, but it is tough and not realistic.

It's not realistic? You know that the rules that are being applied are exactly the same as currently exist for English clubs, the only difference in your save is that the rules apply to all countries rather than just non-EU countries.

What it does do is force you to think more. If you have a player that you desperately want to sign but who won't automatically get a WP then you need to make sure that your offer will get him one on appeal. Look at the last 2 years transfers for your league and make sure your bid puts this player in the top 50% and that's 2 points, offer him a salary that puts him in the top 75% of the top 30 earners at your club and that's another 2 points and there you go, 4 points and a work permit.

WP works the same way in game as irl, the problem is that 75% of the non top teams squads are british, the other 25% are top players for those teams (numbers taken for reference) and those 25% of the players are normally in high wages, normally enough to get a WP, some are regular players in top leagues but lesser teams (u could sign a Benevento players in FM18, but now not since they relegated) also do notice that the WP rules only apply for the top 50 Nations, so u can't sign a San Marino's international because San Marino is not in the top 50

a trick to get players with that system is to offer more than the first amount the rules give u (in the screenie 10M) if he is First team or key player from Brazil, argentina or top 6 teams in europe (Premier league, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga and...can't remember the 6th one right now) he gets the WP, if he is Rotation, backup or hot prospect in his current team u have to offer good wage, and by good wage i mean around the high earners of your team, not near the top but say...one of your top 10 earners or so

as someone said before, is not hard to understand, just read the Appeal rules carefully before signing someone, once you get around 2 or 3 transfer windows you'll get use to it and you just have to see the amounts for transfers

14 hours ago, WorcesterLegend said:

WP works the same way in game as irl, the problem is that 75% of the non top teams squads are british, the other 25% are top players for those teams (numbers taken for reference) and those 25% of the players are normally in high wages, normally enough to get a WP, some are regular players in top leagues but lesser teams (u could sign a Benevento players in FM18, but now not since they relegated) also do notice that the WP rules only apply for the top 50 Nations, so u can't sign a San Marino's international because San Marino is not in the top 50

a trick to get players with that system is to offer more than the first amount the rules give u (in the screenie 10M) if he is First team or key player from Brazil, argentina or top 6 teams in europe (Premier league, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga and...can't remember the 6th one right now) he gets the WP, if he is Rotation, backup or hot prospect in his current team u have to offer good wage, and by good wage i mean around the high earners of your team, not near the top but say...one of your top 10 earners or so

as someone said before, is not hard to understand, just read the Appeal rules carefully before signing someone, once you get around 2 or 3 transfer windows you'll get use to it and you just have to see the amounts for transfers

What if the players are coming from the youth team. Says Inter's B team. It will still get 1 Appeal Point?

In fact my case on the above, except the US new gen, they are all eligible to get enough appeal point. (ok, you may say the dutch league is not in the top 6).

Reyneso - 10M, 40K p/w, from Argentine league
Dutch new gen - 14M, 10K p/w, from Dutch league (Senior Squad)
China new gen - 18M, 8K p/w, coming from Serie A (B team)

hace 3 horas, liuming dijo:

What if the players are coming from the youth team. Says Inter's B team. It will still get 1 Appeal Point?

In fact my case on the above, except the US new gen, they are all eligible to get enough appeal point. (ok, you may say the dutch league is not in the top 6).

Reyneso - 10M, 40K p/w, from Argentine league
Dutch new gen - 14M, 10K p/w, from Dutch league (Senior Squad)
China new gen - 18M, 8K p/w, coming from Serie A (B team)

for reynoso it might be that u have to be over the amount, never got a problem since i normally don't like to spend a lot abroad in lower league and i have been lucky with my brexit scenarios in long saves until now, but maybe trying to offer 10.25M for reynoso? try checking if argentina's top division is still in top 2

no matter how much u offer in transfer for the dutch new gen u will never get a WP if u don't offer him more wages, he is only getting 3 points from the transfer fee, he needs one more and the only way for him is offering more wage

the chinese need to play regularly in Serie A to get the point from being from a top league, other than that he has the same issue as the dutch

Archived