Two concerns regarding scouting

Hello to everyone! I am currently facing some problems with scouting, and I would appreciate some information.

1) I think SI removed the "Restart Assignments" button. So now, if I have a scout cycling between two countries (Germany and Italy for example) for a month each, after the assignments are finished I have to create them from the beginning? Why would they remove it?

2) Let's say I want to scout Egypt. How will I find good newgens there when Egypt is not a playable league? Scouting the continental Cups and the national teams is a really slow process, after 3 months my scout got to 1% knowledge of Egypt and watched only 4 matches. So how do you guys scout countries that aren't playable/active leagues???

Any feedback is highly appreciated, as I am trying not to lose my faith to FM 19.

Thanks!!

On 10/12/2018 at 16:15, Lamias said:

Hello to everyone! I am currently facing some problems with scouting, and I would appreciate some information.

1) I think SI removed the "Restart Assignments" button. So now, if I have a scout cycling between two countries (Germany and Italy for example) for a month each, after the assignments are finished I have to create them from the beginning? Why would they remove it?

2) Let's say I want to scout Egypt. How will I find good newgens there when Egypt is not a playable league? Scouting the continental Cups and the national teams is a really slow process, after 3 months my scout got to 1% knowledge of Egypt and watched only 4 matches. So how do you guys scout countries that aren't playable/active leagues???

Any feedback is highly appreciated, as I am trying not to lose my faith to FM 19.

Thanks!!

Not to sure about 1st one but 2nd one seems to be how many people are scouting egypt or how good the scout/scouts are. I jumped from fm17 to 19 so im not fully sure as of yet but maybe pick egypt teams and do a team report scout of the top teams, or any country team in that case. I always scout for 1 week but i've changed to letting my main head scout doing the search cause you can specify which area/role/age and place to find either short term or long term. Scouting takes ages now for some reason but if you want to "cheat" then I'd suggest downloading shortlists from the steam FM workshop to get the best players to look around instead of trying to find or scout them all which will take a lot of time. 

Thanks for replying!!

Scouting has changed in 18, I skipped it as well. Scouts now watch matches of the league they scout and that's how their knowledge goes up.

The thing I don't understand is, since the Egyptian league is not playable, my scout only watches international matches of Egypt and African Continental Competitions where Egyptian teams feature. They can't scout the league because it's not played. So they watch 1-2 matches each month, which is too slow for building up knowledge.

Except South Africa's league which is playable, we can't scout other African countries anymore? (Nigeria, Morocco etc?)

16 hours ago, Lamias said:

Thanks for replying!!

Scouting has changed in 18, I skipped it as well. Scouts now watch matches of the league they scout and that's how their knowledge goes up.

The thing I don't understand is, since the Egyptian league is not playable, my scout only watches international matches of Egypt and African Continental Competitions where Egyptian teams feature. They can't scout the league because it's not played. So they watch 1-2 matches each month, which is too slow for building up knowledge.

Except South Africa's league which is playable, we can't scout other African countries anymore? (Nigeria, Morocco etc?)

Yeahhh, it's realistic in that sense but I liked the time where a scout gave me everything within a few days full of 20+ players and easier to find wonderkids etc. lol. 

Im not too sure maybe because the african leagues aren't all that great or the license issues maybe different? Im not to sure about the last one either, maybe try putting this in the bugs forum to get better feedback from SI in scouting place. Hope it helps

Archived