Overwritten editor file

pvfcmatt

I am in desperate need of help 

I have spent many hours creating a database for FM19

While on the data editor I selected “load new database” to create a sub database for my main one. When I was finished I pressed save.
But for some reason this has saved over my main database.
On old versions of the data editor when you selected load new database it creates a separate save file.

Is there any way at all of recovering my old data? I’ve spent hours on this I’d be gutted if it’s all lost.

i noticed that save backup is ticked and I also have a game save using the database could either of these help?

10 hours ago, pvfcmatt said:

I am in desperate need of help 

I have spent many hours creating a database for FM19

While on the data editor I selected “load new database” to create a sub database for my main one. When I was finished I pressed save.
But for some reason this has saved over my main database.
On old versions of the data editor when you selected load new database it creates a separate save file.

Is there any way at all of recovering my old data? I’ve spent hours on this I’d be gutted if it’s all lost.

i noticed that save backup is ticked and I also have a game save using the database could either of these help?

yes is you have backup file.

I can't write it often enough:

Use incremental saves, number your changes, like file 001, file 002, file 003, save it with a new name after every bigger edit. 

And still make backups to an external drive, usb stick or to a cloud service. It's so easy nowadays to backup files.

24 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I can't write it often enough:

Use incremental saves, number your changes, like file 001, file 002, file 003, save it with a new name after every bigger edit. 

And still make backups to an external drive, usb stick or to a cloud service. It's so easy nowadays to backup files.

Only way to learn this is to loose big file - i guess we all learned that way :D

Archived