Direct Counter Attack

4 hours ago, TheBigBoss said:

So I've chosen one of the pre made tactics for the save I'm currently doing direct counter attack coming upto January I was wondering what you lot think are key stats to look out for when looking for players who can play in this tactic ?

Can you post a screenshot of your tactic? Because a direct counter-attacking style can be played in various ways. 

1 hour ago, TheBigBoss said:

Its one of the pre made FM tactics so it'll be exactly how the games direct counter attack is

There are 3 formations in the preset tactics for DCA, but I guess yours is 442? If so, then:

defenders - primarily positioning and tackling; for CBs also jumping reach, heading and strength (of course, attributes such as concentration, anticipation, marking, decisions, teamwork and acceleration are generally desirable for defenders in any tactic)

midfielders - (at least decent) positioning and tackling; for BWMd also aggression, stamina, teamwork, bravery, strength, decent acceleration; for CMs - passing, teamwork and at least decent acceleration, off the ball, first touch and decisions; for WMs - basically same as for CMs; for the winger - acceleration, first touch, dribbling, crossing and at least decent balance (and stamina is generally preferable for midfielders)

for PFd - stamina, work-rate, strength, aggression (but also desirable are determination, teamwork and at least decent off the ball, passing, first touch...)

for AF - off the ball, acceleration, anticipation, dribbling, first touch, finishing, composure, balance (and decent passing is always welcome, as well as flair)

2 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

There are 3 formations in the preset tactics for DCA, but I guess yours is 442? If so, then:

defenders - primarily positioning and tackling; for CBs also jumping reach, heading and strength (of course, attributes such as concentration, anticipation, marking, decisions, teamwork and acceleration are generally desirable for defenders in any tactic)

midfielders - (at least decent) positioning and tackling; for BWMd also aggression, stamina, teamwork, bravery, strength, decent acceleration; for CMs - passing, teamwork and at least decent acceleration, off the ball, first touch and decisions; for WMs - basically same as for CMs; for the winger - acceleration, first touch, dribbling, crossing and at least decent balance (and stamina is generally preferable for midfielders)

for PFd - stamina, work-rate, strength, aggression (but also desirable are determination, teamwork and at least decent off the ball, passing, first touch...)

for AF - off the ball, acceleration, anticipation, dribbling, first touch, finishing, composure, balance (and decent passing is always welcome, as well as flair)

Ah sorry I'm playing 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-3-3 whatever way you see it as

Archived