Sports Interactive Community
Mr U Rosler

FM19.3 - ‘Steadfast’ v2 – A flat 4141 for FM19.3

Promoted first season with Villa. Finished on 103 points and only lost 3 games all season. Had close to 50 mill to spend on players so I decided to spread  the cash over a quite a few signings. Squad needed vast improvements considering nearly all of my high performing players from the previous season were on loan. I signed El Ghazi because he was immense in the MR position. 

2018-12-21-1.png

Had a pretty good pre season as you can see. 

2018-12-21-2.png

I think I've got enough in the squad to finish mid table, pushing towards the top 8. 

2018-12-21.png

Bournemouth Away first game of the season. No real injury concerns and looking forward to seeing how the squad copes with the Premier League. 

Good job Bigsi, my only concern would be integrating so many new players.

The 442 should be up tomorrow giving you another option.

Some results;

20181221232653-1.jpg

20181221232732-1.jpg

20181221232801-1.jpg

Not really a Cardiff Tactic but still comfortably mid-table.

Edited by Mr U Rosler

5 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Good job Bigsi, my only concern would be integrating so many new players.

The 442 should be up tomorrow giving you another option.

I'm hoping the core of the team - Nyland, Chester, Grealish, Jake Doyle-Hayes, Bree will hold the squad together. I look forward to giving the 442 a go. Might even have another save on the go as a treat for Christmas. 

Not happy with the 442, and i can't bring myself to play without a DM/Half Back.

I have, however improved the 4141.

90 points with my Stockport Academy side in the Championship, fully expected my team of League 1 and Championship rated players to get hammered in the Premier League but not a bit of it, just rock solid defensively.

20181228074805-1.jpg

20181228083037-1.jpg

v2 now up.

Steadfast 4141 v2.fmf

mr R,this is even better than the original tactic.i didn't think it was possible.

short corner routine is a dream to watch as is throw in routine.ive scored some

amazing goals from both corner/throws and also open play.

defensively this tactic is so hard to break down.a real pleasure to watch.

false nine a bit hit and miss unless you have a beast up there.

many thanks for your great work again mr R :applause:

I'm about to start second season in League 2 with Leamington with a team which is at best mid table Vanarama National. Used other versions up to this point and they've worked well!! 

Yep,

You sacrifice the Striker a little on this set up, he's more of a foil for your wide midfielders and box to box guys who will likely be your main goalscorers although pretty much the whole team chip in with goals.

I always put my Striker on penalties to hopefully give him a leg up, he should see a steady return of 10 - 15 goals a season with a few assists.

I only have bang average strikers though, maybe with a top striker it plays slightly differently.  

36 minutes ago, JohnShepard said:

can someone else role replace HB? maybe DLP or DM?

They can, but then it's a different tactic.

Whatever you do I'd keep the Defend duty.

Edited by Mr U Rosler

On 28/12/2018 at 08:38, Mr U Rosler said:

Not happy with the 442, and i can't bring myself to play without a DM/Half Back.

I have, however improved the 4141.

90 points with my Stockport Academy side in the Championship, fully expected my team of League 1 and Championship rated players to get hammered in the Premier League but not a bit of it, just rock solid defensively.

v2 now up.

Steadfast 4141 v2.fmf

V1 been working like a dream so far in my Leeds save:

tactic.png

Will try V2 now but not sure the results can get better :)

Edited by JJSaxton

I thought exactly the same JJSaxton but it really is a better

more solid tactic.i started alternating between the two

but ended up using v2 all the time. mr rosler right

about forward being a foil for rest of team,but hey

its a results business at end of day.

10 hours ago, kirky.66 said:

I thought exactly the same JJSaxton but it really is a better

more solid tactic.i started alternating between the two

but ended up using v2 all the time. mr rosler right

about forward being a foil for rest of team,but hey

its a results business at end of day.

I switched to it after the post and must say it’s been brilliant!

Only played around 5 games but the number of goals from midfield is crazy. Mateusz Klich has gone from scoring 4 in 20 to 12 in 25. 8 goals in 5 games since the new tactic!!

For the 2 results of note I beat Hull City 6-0 and beat Aston Villa 5-1 (Aston Villa sat in 2nd and going well so an amazing result). The remaining fixtures were 3-0 and 2 x 2-0. 

This tactic really doesn’t concede goals. Highly recommend. 

So with V2 making an appearance, I decided to give Villa another go. End of season Championship table.

2019-01-03.png

1 defeat all season! You can't moan about that at all. Grealish and El Ghazi finished on 14 goals each. Stars of the season were Kodjia with 24 league goals, keeping Abraham out the team, and Bree - who won young player of the season. Bolasie ruptured his cruciate in pre-season so I sent him back to Everton. That enabled me to bring in Taylor as another LB option. He too was superb and came 2nd to Kodjia in the awards. 

Season 2 transfer in prep for the prem. I decided not to sign El Ghazi because I didn't think he was good enough for the step up. Squad just needed strengthening to provide cover more than anything else. I like to have 2 players for each position so it was vital that I tried to spread the transfer money out a little.  I couldn't get Tuanzebe back an Man U wanted him for their first team. 

2019-01-03-1.png

Not a bad start to the season. Beating Arsenal 5-1 was amazing! winning the first 4 games was beyond what even I imagined. Sitting top at the end of August...well, enjoy it while it lasts I say. 

2019-01-03-3.png

2019-01-03-4.png

As you can see, the spine of the team has remained. Nyland, Chester, McGinn, Grealish, Kodjia. Special mention to Jake Doyle Hayes. Dislodged Hourihane from the starting XI midway through last season, and he just excels in the middle of the park. There is going to be some big clubs sniffing around him soon. 

2019-01-03-2.png

Posted (edited)

Great feedback that.

My view is a little blinkered as i'm well into my Stockport Academy challenge so its good to see how people are getting on with a team i can relate to.

I made it to the premier league myself, i compared my Stockport team to the season 1 Cardiff team and it was comparatively weaker but i finished 13th in my first season in the Premier League, well happy with that. Made Semi's of League Cup and lost to Man U in the final of the FA Cup.

1 season in the Premier League has seen my young stars gain valuable experience, and those attributes are improving slowly but steadily.

So much so that season 2 we finished 7th and bagged a Europa League spot, we have a tough draw vs Hoffenheim in the preliminary knockout round, be gutted if we don't make the group stages.

Well set though, my left back, left midfielder and right back are potential monsters if i can get them to there full potential (and hang onto them). Around that they are surrounded by mainly solid Championship Players and some decent Premier League players.   

I've given myself to the end of the 2044 season to win the Premier League using only my own academy players with the secondary objective of having £1 billion in the bank. 12 seasons to do it!

Edited by Mr U Rosler

That is some save you've got going on there Rosler! I keep thinking of starting another save with my second team, Hereford. Not sure I could stick to Academy players though. If i had money to spend it would be burning hole in my pocket. 

Will try with the V2 version on my Wolves save, so I will put some SS-s from some games. 

Great tactic. Worked wonders in my first season at Hemel Hemstead. Dominated the 1st half of the season, unbeaten at xmas but a combination of poor fitness and small budget for players which both are a problem with semi pro teams and competing against pro teams meant i dropped off in the second half of the season loosing out to an impressive Billericay Town. Finished on 81 points and frustratingly lost in the playoff final. 

Top tactic yet again!

So I played 16 games with this tactic, won 9 games, drew 4 games and lost 3 games(against BIG teams). Scored 36 goals and conceded 10 goals which is amazing because in these 16 games I played twice against Real Madrid, once against Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal. 

The first game with this tactic is against Real Madrid(1-2 loss). 

Needed to win in the last fixture, so Man city couldn't overtake me and this just happens, 0-7. Amazing!

It is an amazing tactic, I love how solid defensively it is. Just look in the last 8 games, conceded just one goal!

Wolverhampton Wanderers_  Senior Fixtures.png

Premier League_ Overview Stages-4.png

West Brom v Wolves_ Match Review.png

decided to start a game in 3 division in belgium with Aalst, first two years we didn't bought any players but only promoting youngsters from u-18,

promoted first year, and finished 3rd second year when was predicted to finish last. There some rules in Belgium i don't understand, after finish third in 2nd division i was competing wit 1st division teams for Euro qualifies? on the last picture You can see i won the group easily against much better teams, but lost in semi finals of the play offs.. really stranger rules

20190105191929_1.jpg

20190105195614_1.jpg

20190106222040_1.jpg

20190106224255_1.jpg

so despite winning the league(media pred. Last, and still no transfers) we didnt get promoted but Westerlo with 7 points less than us. I dont like this rules when the whole season is split for two round 14 games each and winners of this round play final! and whoever win the league is still a looser.

20190107125605_1.jpg

Really like the look of this for my new Sunderland save I’m starting 👌🏻 

Quick question tho about the WM’s?Would it be a major disadvantage to play more adventurous players who prefer the AMR/L roles there? Sunderland squad has McGeady who doesn’t suit a WM position & my main transfer target Antonio Marin doesn’t either,would they be okay?

Cheers in advance,great looking tactic 👏🏻👍🏻

1 hour ago, JD 1984 said:

Really like the look of this for my new Sunderland save I’m starting 👌🏻 

Quick question tho about the WM’s?Would it be a major disadvantage to play more adventurous players who prefer the AMR/L roles there? Sunderland squad has McGeady who doesn’t suit a WM position & my main transfer target Antonio Marin doesn’t either,would they be okay?

Cheers in advance,great looking tactic 👏🏻👍🏻

Suits the more adventurous players well, the same can be said for the central midfielders.

AMR/L can be retrained to MR/ML. AMC can be retrained to MC. All 4 are creator/goalscorers. 👍

3rd season in second division(no transfers), despite being predicted last We finally won two rounds and whole division and we are promoted 

20190107190323_1.jpg

1 minute ago, White Europe said:

3rd season in second division(no transfers), despite being predicted last We finally won two rounds and whole division and we are promoted 

20190107190323_1.jpg

I admire your persistence!

16 hours ago, White Europe said:

thank You, whole season played with standard mentality;)

great tactic:applause:

What is the difference between standard and attacking mentality?

My third season with Wolves is going really well. I am first in premier league and second in ucl group stage (Real Madrid, Lyon, Roma). Real beaten me 4-1, then I beat Lyon once and Roma twice. Roma beat at home 6-1! 

Will upload SS-s later.

7 hours ago, Bakiano said:

What is the difference between standard and attacking mentality?

More possession and better for very very small team with handicap players

Race for the title is thight and this happens against Man City. They have Mbappe, Milinkovic-Savic, Dier and others. But I have Adama Traore :D

Premier League_ Overview Stages-6.png

Man City v Wolves_ Match Review.png

Brilliant tactic and on the verge of getting my Gateshead team into League 1 but my word, the amount of red cards I'm getting due to the "tackle harder" option on a number of players!! I'm not complaining though

Ok, time for an update.

Managed to qualify for the Champions League for first time, again, not signed a single player in the save, everyone has come out of my academy.

Still miles behind Man United though.

20190111074101-1.jpg

My fullbacks have got there first full England Caps at the world cup. Still young and should develop further.

20190111074240-1.jpg

20190111074254-1.jpg

And despite me complaining about a lack of goals from the False 9 mine was the top goalscorer in Europe.

He's only rated as decent for Premier League but it goes to show you only have to have strong attributes where it counts achieved by luck and training the kid since he was 15!

20190111074403-1.jpg

Despite this success, next season i'm trialling a 442, see below.

Edited by Mr U Rosler

Ok, freshening things up and will be running with a 442 next season.

Partly because i'm a bit bored of the 4141, partly because i have strong Strikers and wide players coming out of my academy, less so with central midfielders.

Liverpool test below, pretty solid return. I holidayed this test and the assistant manager is a bit dim when picking the team, Mane only played twice!! So with a bit of retraining to get your best players in it should have been even better.

I also ran a trial with Cardiff finishing 8th so it should be ok with less than stellar teams.

A prototype at the moment, it may change or i may fall back on the trusty 4141 but i'll give it a go.

20190111073922-1.jpg

20190111073912-1.jpg

As usual. Right Backs to take corners. Right Back take right throw ins, Left Back to take left throw ins.

442 Proto type

Steadfast 442 proto.fmf

Edited by Mr U Rosler

It's interesting you are switching to a 442. With V2 I am smashing it with Spurs. I win pretty much everything bar one of the FA/League cups. When I play lesser teams I change the defensive midfielder and put a CAM in there. This is only recently, and I just roll over teams. It's the best tactic I've tried on the game by far. 

Thanks Glassy,

I might well be back to the 4141, prepared to concede a few more and score a few more with the 442 but if the results aren't as good it would be pointless.

I'll run it for a season in my Stockport save, squad will be pretty much the same, any drop off in results will be evident.

despite very good season im not happy that our academy dosen't produce any good players, i have no striker that could score more than 5 goals

20190111182532_1.jpg

20190111182539_1.jpg

Assuming you've improve youth recruitment, junior coaching and have a good Head of youth development?

32 minutes ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Assuming you've improve youth recruitment, junior coaching and have a good Head of youth development?

can i do that in FMT?

Ah, I don't think so.

That's gonna make an academy challenge very tough. Might need to sign some players.

Don't know if it's a freak season from him but I'm finding with version 2 that playing a right footed player on the left wing is bringing me plenty of goals from an average player.  Need to find a left footed right winger and see if I get the same results

image.thumb.png.bba85591486395df1281ba6cbab262c0.png

This tactic has been superb for me in my first season at Hartlepool. Granted it's not the biggest challenge for a team with a bunch of more than capable players at that level but the results are very impressive. I'll be setting up the WIP 442 as an alternative tactic next season to mix it up a bit.

Made a few loans and some free transfers to bolster the squad as there wasn't a huge amount of depth asides from some youngsters but we absolutely dominated the league and also did the double with the FA Trophy too, looking forward to League Two next season!

table.png

My Stockport team couldn't really handle the 442. 7th after half a season, not bad as predicted 17th but a switch to the 4141 saw me get Champions League spot.

Made me realize just how solid the 4141 is.

I can see how wrong footed wingers could work well, although I didn't go with Inverted Wingers (nearly did) they are instructed to sit narrow in an already narrow formation and will be able to shoot from fairly central areas quite often.

Is everyone sticking with the attacking mentality all the time or switching it depending on opposition?

Decided to re-start my Academy Challenge with Stockport.

Glad i did as i've just had my first ever unbeaten season.

Broke every Club & League record and finished the season on a 21 game winning streak!

Just plug & played the tactic as is.

20190116170414-1.jpg

20190116170531-1.jpg

1 saat önce, Mr U Rosler said:

Decided to re-start my Academy Challenge with Stockport.

Glad i did as i've just had my first ever unbeaten season.

Broke every Club & League record and finished the season on a 21 game winning streak!

Just plug & played the tactic as is.

20190116170414-1.jpg

20190116170531-1.jpg

With 4-4-2 mate?