FM19.3 - ‘Steadfast’ v2 – A flat 4141 for FM19.3

second season in top division, still no transfers but i will have to allowed them in january as we lack talent in our under18. I have tweak Your v2 for home games too, u can see on the picture that it can also work away(bruggia was 2nd place) beat them with great possesion.

hope u don't mind the link for that tweak, if yes i will remove it

20190116205008_1.jpg

20190116205321_1.jpg

home.fmf

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My word this tactic is incredible! 

I'm 7 seasons I've gone from National League South to the Premier League. Twice getting promoted through Playoffs but I've just rounded out my inaugural Championship season as winners with 92 points! 

I haven't tweaked anything and rarely change mentality. I've found that well rounded wide midfielders can make this tactic really work. 

Great work Mr U

On 10/01/2019 at 23:33, wobbly007 said:

Brilliant tactic and on the verge of getting my Gateshead team into League 1 but my word, the amount of red cards I'm getting due to the "tackle harder" option on a number of players!! I'm not complaining though

I'm getting this a lot too... I find it really frustrating that I seem to pick up loads of early cards for seemingly innocuous challenges but the opposition don't. 

But super hard pressing is working well 😁

Lots of yellow's, a tolerable amount of Red's i think. Most players are clever enough to automatically back off a bit when on a yellow. Most, but not all.

Anyone on a yellow and with a rating of 6.4 or less after 55/60 minutes i'll sub off. Red card waiting to happen.

I considered toning this down, especially as i play with Stockport and the current Stockport Manager and Club Legend the mighty Jim Gannon has a very firm philosophy for committing very few fouls as a gentlemanly way to play but mainly to avoid suspensions for his small squad and to not give away free kicks which are a weapon, especially in the lower leagues. They are going great guns in conference north at the moment.

But in game, i think its effective, and worth it alone for those 3 or 4 times a season my striker clatters into a centre back, wins the ball and scores.    

Hi Mr R. Love the tactic, been using it at West Ham and consistently in the top 6. Had to ballance the books (forced to sell Rice and Oxford and then Goretzka after 1 season) before I can mount a title challenge. Struggle to get anything out of a striker, what do you look for? I'm about to start my 4th season. Have tried Sturidge and Aguero recently but at best I get 7 or 8 goals a season. Have a product of my youth academy playing at the moment but again with about the same return.

Hi Adam,

Both of those should have been fine albeit they must have been a bit past their prime.

Your West ham side are probably similar in quality to the Stockport side I had finishing 4th in the PL before I restarted and my bang average striker always got 15/20 goals a season.

He was a quick, technical, dribbler with 17 finishing, there's a screen shot on the previous page I think.

Some like that, Lucas Moura?, Should work well.

Outside of stats, if someone is noted as 'consistent' in their scouting report prioritise them. Avoid anyone noted as an inconsistent performer.

1 hour ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Lots of yellow's, a tolerable amount of Red's i think. Most players are clever enough to automatically back off a bit when on a yellow. Most, but not all.

Anyone on a yellow and with a rating of 6.4 or less after 55/60 minutes i'll sub off. Red card waiting to happen.

I considered toning this down, especially as i play with Stockport and the current Stockport Manager and Club Legend the mighty Jim Gannon has a very firm philosophy for committing very few fouls as a gentlemanly way to play but mainly to avoid suspensions for his small squad and to not give away free kicks which are a weapon, especially in the lower leagues. They are going great guns in conference north at the moment.

But in game, i think its effective, and worth it alone for those 3 or 4 times a season my striker clatters into a centre back, wins the ball and scores.    

Absolutely agree, I don't think it helps that I seem to have picked up a lot of determined players with 15+ aggression, although they are definitely winning the ball back in dangerous areas.

Last season I did have 3 of my midfielders banned at the same time. 1 for a red, 1 for getting 15 yellows and the third for getting 10. I also broke the championship record for bookings by about 20 cards.

I did also break the record for clean sheets, goals and scored 104pts so I guess swings and roundabouts 😁

Many thanks. Will look. Yeah Aguero was 33 I think but free so worth a punt. Will get searching. Most my goals come from Yarmolenko on the right wing but have a youth player pushing him for a start now. Wilshire and Gronli looking good in midfield. Marin left wing. 

3 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Hi Adam,

Both of those should have been fine albeit they must have been a bit past their prime.

Your West ham side are probably similar in quality to the Stockport side I had finishing 4th in the PL before I restarted and my bang average striker always got 15/20 goals a season.

He was a quick, technical, dribbler with 17 finishing, there's a screen shot on the previous page I think.

Some like that, Lucas Moura?, Should work well.

Outside of stats, if someone is noted as 'consistent' in their scouting report prioritise them. Avoid anyone noted as an inconsistent performer.

A

got little bored with Aalst save so i tried this tactic with bigger team Inter Milan. With only one transfer in january(chiesa) we manage to win serie A, Coppa itallia, and Champions league.

All games played on standard mentality using 4141v2, for home easy matches used home tweak posted few post back:

20190119094603_1.jpg

20190119094619_1.jpg

20190119095023_1.jpg

20190119095048_1.jpg

26 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

@Mr U Rosler  This may be a bit off topic but you say you are doing an academy challenge so I'd like to ask two questions:

- have you loaded any leagues other than England? and

- do you hire any scouts?

I start off only loading English leagues. (games nice & quick and you don't need anything else to start with).

Once i hit the Championship i'll add in major european leagues in anticipation of Premier League and European Football.

I hire 1 scout until my scouting range is expanded to Europe/World, then i get as many as i can and send them all over the world to increase 'world knowledge', i believe this increases your chance of pulling in youth players from further afield. Not 100% sure on this but in my last incomplete challenge i pulled in some South Americans and Africans although that might be based on an increased reputation.  

5 minutes ago, Wlv said:

Welcome back Uwe, enjoyed your tactics in previous iterations.

Been watching the Sunderland documentary on Netflix and am starting to get strong urges to sort them out in FM :)

Yep, that will get the juices flowing.

Might be a bit easy 'in game' though. But fun nonetheless :thup:

@Mr U Rosler Would you recommend your training schedules to go along with this tactic?

Just been promoted as champions from Vanarama National South with my Salisbury side despite being predicted to finish 20th. Hoping the board may allow me to go professional now we have been promoted.

I have used a lot of KNAP's tactics, but this one is the best. You don't score a lot of goals which is fine by me, but the number of conceded goals and CS-s are amazing and because of that I love this tactic.

Sometimes, when I have a 2-0 or 3-0 lead, I change to CAUTIOUS mentality, change to HOLD SHAPE, DRIBBLE LESS and change the CWBs and WMs to SUPPORT duty. % possession jumps to +10% in your favor in about 45mins, and you get more about 50% of completed passes. I must admit I barely score in this tweak, but in 15 games that I used that, I conceded just one goal.

I just use this tweak to protect the lead and to REDUCE the intensivity of the tactic.

29 minutes ago, Abaddon879 said:

@Mr U Rosler Would you recommend your training schedules to go along with this tactic?

Just been promoted as champions from Vanarama National South with my Salisbury side despite being predicted to finish 20th. Hoping the board may allow me to go professional now we have been promoted.

Yes i would.

I've done exactly that in my own save.

3 promotions in a row with Stockport, they wouldn't let me go full time until i hit League 2, but as soon as i was full time i used the schedules.

Overall i've used the training schedules for 30+ seasons across saves, the general focus is on keeping players fit & healthy for 46 league games a season + cups with minimal injuries.

Attributes increase largely based on 1st team games, i use player role training and individual training to try and shape the players how i want them. i.e having your central midfielders train the Box to Box role ticks all the right boxes, training the advanced forward role for Strikers is great. For the DM i might use 'anchor man', but once i'm prepping for the Premier League and i get a more technical player to work with i might change the training role to Deep Lying Playmaker etc. You can shape your players however you like of course.

1 hour ago, Hooligan said:

Hi Rosler, congrats for the very good tac! I have One question, when you go down to ten men, what changes you do? 

Lose the half back, Go 441.

Set one of the box to box to centre midfielder/defend.

This tactic is something else, it really is. My current save...

• Nottingham Forest:
    • First season: Win the Championship. Absolute land slide. 
    • First season in the PL: Finish 7th and qualify for the Europa
    • Second season in the PL: Finish 5th in the PL and lose in the FA Cup final to Liverpool. Knocked out in the quarters of the EURO to Man City
    • Third season in the PL: Only go and win the thing. And I mean win it by an absolute landslide. There's 3 games left and we're champions. And... We also won the League Cup. 3-0 down at half time to Liverpool, only to take it to 4-4 at full time and win 6-4 in extra time. Knocked out in the quarters of the Euro's to Dortmund. 

It's ridiculously good. I've done brilliantly in the transfer windows to be fair, I have made some cracking signings, but its all about the tactic. Next season will be tough because I did a lot of rotating. Basically had a PL/FA Cup side with my best players, then a mix of reserves and youth players for the EURO and League Cup.

On 24/01/2019 at 12:23, Glassy said:

This tactic is something else, it really is. My current save...

• Nottingham Forest:
    • First season: Win the Championship. Absolute land slide. 
    • First season in the PL: Finish 7th and qualify for the Europa
    • Second season in the PL: Finish 5th in the PL and lose in the FA Cup final to Liverpool. Knocked out in the quarters of the EURO to Man City
    • Third season in the PL: Only go and win the thing. And I mean win it by an absolute landslide. There's 3 games left and we're champions. And... We also won the League Cup. 3-0 down at half time to Liverpool, only to take it to 4-4 at full time and win 6-4 in extra time. Knocked out in the quarters of the Euro's to Dortmund. 

It's ridiculously good. I've done brilliantly in the transfer windows to be fair, I have made some cracking signings, but its all about the tactic. Next season will be tough because I did a lot of rotating. Basically had a PL/FA Cup side with my best players, then a mix of reserves and youth players for the EURO and League Cup.

Did you happen to follow the recommend type of players form the first page by any chance? I'm assuming they're still valid for v2 and not just the earlier version. 

Cheers

16 hours ago, Sinbad7104 said:

Did you happen to follow the recommend type of players form the first page by any chance? I'm assuming they're still valid for v2 and not just the earlier version. 

Just fired up a Sampdoria and need to do a bit of recruiting sooner rather than later. 

Cheers

Nope, I just went off what I look for in a player depending on the position I'm playing them in. Sometimes if a 5 star wonderkid pops up but can only play attacking centre mid, I'll decide whether I turn him into a striker or centre mid and see how he gets on. Some CAMs play great in the wide positions as well. I've always played FM like that. Sometimes turning very good ball playing centre backs into defensive mids etc. 

I also just let my assistant crack on with training, but I do the individual training stuff for myself. 

1 hour ago, Hooligan said:

Hi Rosler, on the wings i must have right footed on right and viceversa or i Can play with inverted foot?

Hi Hooligan,

You can invert, no problem.

I always train my wide players to be at least 'reasonable' on their weaker foot though :thup:

4 minuti fa, Mr U Rosler ha scritto:

Hi Hooligan,

You can invert, no problem.

I always train my wide players to be at least 'reasonable' on their weaker foot though :thup:

Ooook thank's mate, i'm playing with St. Pauli, in Bundesliga 2, at the moment i'm on top of the League! 👍

Ok,

Time for an update.

As noted earlier I restarted my Stockport Academy Challenge, i reported the unbeaten Conference North season and promotion into the National League.

What followed was 3 more back to back promotions so 4 in a row WITHOUT signing any players. That's nuts.

In fact, my starting 11 that got me promoted to the Championship this Season featured 7 of the original Conference South squad complimented by 4 of my academy products.

20190125194640-1.jpg

Entire back 4 are 'originals', Duxbury, Keane, Palmer, Mantack.

I alternate Turnbull/Dimao in the Half Back spot, both Stockport originals.

Warburton also an 'original', is a monster in midfielder even though he's pants (rated decent for National league). Detailed below.

Up top is our original, Mulhern who upped his game as we moved up the leagues.  

Warburton, model of consistency and maxing out your ability.

20190125202514-1.jpg

warby.jpg

Mulhern, banging them in,  in League 1

20190125194738-1.jpg

Flying up the leagues.

20190125201414-1.jpg

Expecting to get spanked in the Championship but hopefully can hang on in there for 2 or 3 seasons as we build up the squad and bring through some players who can take us to and compete in the Premier League.

Great tactic!! :applause: 

1st season with Fulham no signings until January & I finished 6th :hammer:

Table.png

1-fix.png

2-fix.png

3-fix.png

Very pleased with the season all in,had a very worrying patch during Feb/March but I had injuries through the squad & was playing some of the bigger teams then as well.

The striker doesn't get much goals (Mitro finished with 9) but the midfield smash them in! Both Sessengon & Schurrle,playing on the wing positions,got 15 or more :applause: plus my CM's pitched in with almost double figures :D

Finished the season & this is my current XI going into transfer window

t.png

I defo need to get a striker to help more,Mitro only got 3 assists that season :( 

A quicker CB instead of Mawson as well im thinking.

Any input would be appreciated :thup:

Great tactic,fantastic work Mr. Rosler :applause:

Rosler and JD, great progress so far! 

I felt that after getting from Van National to EPL in 7 seasons I had done something dodgy but obviously this isn't the case. The tactic isn't exploitive in anyway, plays good football and just works. In my 1st season in EPL with Leamington in mid-Jan were 8th!

I'm not quite sure what happened this season, but the discipline record has gone crazy.

Yellow cards had been a slight problem in previous seasons, but we weren't seeing many reds, and often they would be from a second yellow if we did.

This season however, we've seen 8 Reds and 96 yellows and we're still only in March! Many of the reds have also been straight reds!

The tactic doesnt have get stuck in enabled, so I'm not quite sure how you would go about managing this? Is is a case of the players being too aggressive, or the fact we are massive underdogs and pushing too hard?

Edit: Finally finished the season with 125 Yellows and 10 Reds. 

If there's a particular player that keeps getting carded then sure you know the drill about fines & temperament etc.

For more of a team problem, it risks compromising the effectiveness of the tactic but you can reduce the pressing intensity to try and reduce the number of fouls you give away - failing that you could consider having a variant with counter-press turned off/regroup turned on with reduced intensity for later in the game when you're hopefully leading; should save on some of the second yellows and also save some tired legs too!

I also had big problems with cards in my Championship season. After 4 promotions in a row we got relegated, I put the high number of cards down to being massively outclassed and continually chasing down teams in possession.

I didn't like it. I'm trialling a toned down version in League 1 next season. I'm expecting automatic promotion so it should be relatively easy to benchmark.

3 minutes ago, Mr U Rosler said:

I also had big problems with cards in my Championship season. After 4 promotions in a row we got relegated, I put the high number of cards down to being massively outclassed and continually chasing down teams in possession.

I didn't like it. I'm trialling a toned down version in League 1 next season. I'm expecting automatic promotion so it should be relatively easy to benchmark.

@Mr U Rosler Sounds very much like my current experience in League Two after back-to-back promotions. We are still set to be promoted to League One despite the higher than usual discipline issues. 

I guess it could be something in the match engine due to the rapid rise through the leagues and the lower quality of the players at my disposal compared to the rest of the league. Lets hope that next season I can actually attract some players that match the league's standard.

33 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

Mr U Rosler

Do you have a SUS tactic maybe?

Not really, I tend to just plug and play.

The 4141 is pretty defensive anyway, you could probably just drop the mentality to balanced or lower and play a bit of keep ball to see out games.

Startet a new save, club I chose is SO Cholet. They are playing in french third league. Expectations are top half position. So far so good. They are semi professional club, so I asked the board, twice, to go professional status but they refused. Don't know when will they go to professional status because I didn't play so much with semi-professional clubs.

Never mind, here are some SS-s.

1424167549_ChampionnatNational_OverviewStages.thumb.png.21a641ccbc94d18cb2accb7659ba91f2.png

519620867_StadeOlympiqueCholetais_SeniorFixtures.thumb.png.d06beb7b19c104281b0529f4e5aaa010.png

257527568_StadeOlympiqueCholetais_SeniorFixtures-2.thumb.png.f91a335a11471dd2695f9c25f633f80c.png

9 hours ago, Bakiano said:

Mr U Rosler

Do you have a SUS tactic maybe?

9 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Not really, I tend to just plug and play.

The 4141 is pretty defensive anyway, you could probably just drop the mentality to balanced or lower and play a bit of keep ball to see out games.

I've been away over the weekend but I actually started testing your steadfast v2 specifically as a CTRL/SUS option last week (hope you don't mind Mr R!); got to say that the results so far have been tremendously encouraging. In terms of base level, it's a bit too defensively orientated for my needs, however once I've gone a couple of goals ahead, I switch across to the CTRL variant and then close out the last 10 with the SUS (this is a trend I do with all my tactics, whether using my own or testing with others) and it's working really well so far. I'll post them here for anyone interested, let me know if you'd prefer I remove them Mr R!

FCU_19.2.2_Steadfast_4141_v2_CTRL_1.0.fmf

FCU_19.2.2_Steadfast_4141_v2_SUS_1.0.fmf

For details on changes I made and my CTRL/SUS philosophy in general (as well as how to make your own set), I've been discussing/suggesting/promoting a lot of this stuff on Discord/here and actually wrote a lot of it up and posted last night if it's of interest to anyone;

8 hours ago, optimusprimal82 said:

I've been away over the weekend but I actually started testing your steadfast v2 specifically as a CTRL/SUS option last week (hope you don't mind Mr R!); got to say that the results so far have been tremendously encouraging. In terms of base level, it's a bit too defensively orientated for my needs, however once I've gone a couple of goals ahead, I switch across to the CTRL variant and then close out the last 10 with the SUS (this is a trend I do with all my tactics, whether using my own or testing with others) and it's working really well so far. I'll post them here for anyone interested, let me know if you'd prefer I remove them Mr R!

FCU_19.2.2_Steadfast_4141_v2_CTRL_1.0.fmf

FCU_19.2.2_Steadfast_4141_v2_SUS_1.0.fmf

For details on changes I made and my CTRL/SUS philosophy in general (as well as how to make your own set), I've been discussing/suggesting/promoting a lot of this stuff on Discord/here and actually wrote a lot of it up and posted last night if it's of interest to anyone;

I love your thread and it is very useful. I will try your CTRL and SUS steadfast tactic.

On the subject or Red/Yellow cards, now I’m back in League 1, a more appropriate level for my team at the moment they have reverted back to normal levels. i.e. lots of yellows but red cards are rare, we are top of the league, morale is high, mental states/body language in game are neutral/positive.

My thoughts on this are thus;

All things being equal, you are well enough equipped to compete in your league etc you will see neutral results, lots of yellow, few red cards. (in this set up).

This situation will be improved when you are in a good run of form, winning and playing well which see’s you dominant in matches, seeing lost of possession and under little pressure, in game body language is positive, you players are comfortable and will make good decisions on challenges.

Conversely, when you are poorly equipped to deal with your league opponents, you get in poor form, in game body language is negative, your chasing the game, your players are under pressure and anxious and will make poor decisions, rash challenges when on a yellow which results in a higher frequency of sending’s off.  

This negative situation has the potential to ‘snowball’, sending’s off results in a poor result, suspensions and low morale which in turn leads to more poor results and so on and so forth.

It takes pretty extreme circumstances for this negative spiral to occur, very rapid progress up the leagues resulting in a season where you are well out of your depth. This is what happened to me when I attempted to compete in the Championship with NO Championship rated players and most of the team rated as decent for the National League or League 2.

Having tried the tactic with less intense closing down and tackling, it loses its edge.

Best to leave the tactic as is.

Improved form, will lead to improved morale, will lead to improved in match body language/mentality, will lead to better decision making, will lead to less cards and sending’s off.   

Great to hear. I'll stick with the tactic how it is and see how my recruitment goes over the summer with a view to getting in players of a suitable standard for League One. Lets just hope my club reputation doesn't tie my hands too much with regards to recruitment.

Won a promotion with Cholet in my first season even tho media prediction was 6th place and board expecatition top half. Had about 15 points above the second place.

Now, I am lying in middle table after 10 games. Media prediction are 20th place and board expectations are to avoid relegations.

Using of course v2 steadfast, but when I got the lead in the second half, I change to @optimusprimal82 CTRL tactic. Working well so far.

And have a question, why is my AM choosing so frequently to train GEGENPRESS and only gegenpress?

4 hours ago, Bakiano said:

Won a promotion with Cholet in my first season even tho media prediction was 6th place and board expecatition top half. Had about 15 points above the second place.

Now, I am lying in middle table after 10 games. Media prediction are 20th place and board expectations are to avoid relegations.

Using of course v2 steadfast, but when I got the lead in the second half, I change to @optimusprimal82 CTRL tactic. Working well so far.

And have a question, why is my AM choosing so frequently to train GEGENPRESS and only gegenpress?

Glad it's working ok! :thup:

Don't know about the training, maybe because counter press is turned on and set to 'extremely urgent'? Maybe your AM thinks your guys need to work harder at it to be effective? Just suggestions. not saying that is/they are the reason(s)

Archived