Sports Interactive Community
KingRoyston

FM19: Top 5 Must Buys

Across 5 seasons and two different saves, in terms of great value for money mine would be:

• Sandro Tonali
  • Antonio Marin
  • Fiete Arp
  • Francisco Trincao
  • Almamy Toure 

Almamy is great but a bit injury prone so should be monitored carefully- make sure you rotate him wisely. 

I’ll add Vagnoman, Haland, Aouar, Pavard and ofcourse De Ligt to that list

6 hours ago, Urotsukidoji said:

1. B.Kamara cb

2. Tonali

3. Marin

4. Sergio Gomez

5. Thiago Almeda

Almada, not Almeda. But yeah, that guy is sheer brilliant. Plays as an AML in my Ajax save, not even his best position, and his statistics are through the roof. 

Thiago Almada_ Overview Profile-6.png

Edited by KlaaZ

For limited budget here's my top 5

1. Predrag Rajkovic GK. Less than 5mill

2. Svetozar Markovic CB. Less than 4mill

3. Bruno Xadas CM/CAM. Less than 3mill

4. Antonio Marin AML. About 2,5 mill

5. Dejan Joveljic ST. Less than 2 mill

• Sandro Tonali £8m
  • Antonio Marin £2m
  • Fiete Arp £16m
  • Matthijs de Ligt £20m
  • Moise Kean £15m

Posted (edited)
On 10/12/2018 at 18:45, toby14 said:
  • Sandro Tonali £8m
  • Antonio Marin £2m
  • Fiete Arp £16m
  • Matthijs de Ligt £20m
  • Moise Kean £15m

Unfortunately, Marin is not going for peanuts after the update, and Arp is Bayern Münich bound. 

Edited by Gungner

3 hours ago, Gungner said:

Unfortunately, Marin is not going for peanuts after the update, and Arp is Bayern Münich bound. 

:(

3 hours ago, zlatanera said:

@Gungner did he get a boost, or did they just put him on a bigger contract? 

Could simply be a reputation boost. 

4 hours ago, zlatanera said:

@Gungner did he get a boost, or did they just put him on a bigger contract? 

Think just a reputation boost... Also you have to load the Croatian league to have him in your save post-update... 

2 hours ago, Gungner said:

Think just a reputation boost... Also you have to load the Croatian league to have him in your save post-update... 

Ah right, yeah I think a few have had - looking at Dinamo now and whilst he's still got a relatively low value Dani Olmo and Lovro Majer are valued at over £10m each. 

Yeah, he might have a low value, but Dinamo are asking between £22 and £25 million for him now.  

1 minute ago, Gungner said:

Yeah, he might have a low value, but Dinamo are asking between £22 and £25 million for him now.  

Damn. Makes sense though - looking at him now and the likes of Liverpool are already interested, whereas in my Manchester United save my scouts didn't pay him any attention until midway through the second season. 

10 minutes ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Neither is Arp, he's off to Bayern in the summer.

Summer of 2020, so two years in, yeah. 

10 hours ago, Gungner said:

Summer of 2020, so two years in, yeah. 

For something craxy like (e)2m

Posted (edited)

Are you guys actually buying who fits in with the rest of the team/tactic when you set up the game. Or are you just looking for great bargains/wonderkids? Nothing wrong with either, simply just curious.

Edited by Purplejesus

Posted (edited)

Depends.... if there's a great bargain wonderkid, I'll go for him, and retrain him if he doesn't fit. 

@Geordieboy52 Yeah, £2,7 million

Edited by Gungner

22 hours ago, Gungner said:

I managed to unsettle him and Dinamo transfer listed him for 1.5 million having previously quoted me 10 mill+. 

Just managed to buy Marin at the start of season 4 with Brescia. He's not got the stats I thought he would have but still looks a very useful player for the Serie A. Cost me 15m straight cash.

-9 kids are random and different in each save. Shouldn’t them be ruled out when we talk about ‘must buy’?

51 minutes ago, 无门冰&# said:

-9 kids are random and different in each save. Shouldn’t them be ruled out when we talk about ‘must buy’?

Not really. The -9 range is going to be between 150 and 180. Even if that player gets the worst possible potential, maxing it out still makes them a pretty good player. Skill distribution matters more than actual Current Ability, but generally speaking, a player with a CA of 150 is still going to be a very good player. Not likely a superstar for the very biggest of clubs, but a solid player for a club below that. And that's if they are absolute bottom of the possible range. And most of these recommended players are going to be pretty good to start with, meaning the possibility of them maxing their potential is a bit better. 

2 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Not really. The -9 range is going to be between 150 and 180. Even if that player gets the worst possible potential, maxing it out still makes them a pretty good player.

Yeah, plus many of us - possibly even most of us - don't cheat by looking at PA of players. Personally, I'm happy to have people on this thread say, "This is a good player, available at a good price", but I know there are many who won't even stoop that low!.

Posted (edited)

Okay so some things I have noticed since 19.3 in terms of players and their skill/cost. 

Marin has a little bit less potential now, where as his team mate Dani Olmo is absolutely bonkers after the update. Spanish kid who I always considered buying from Dinamo but never did, however I am guessing due to his real life play this season, his skill has been boosted and I am fairly certain his potential is right up there. He costs a bit - Got him for like 39 mill at the start of the second season, would guess he'd be cheaper at the start of the first. I don't like the 'tries to play way out of trouble' trait, but he seems to have really good versatility along with good determination, so learning new positions or traits should be viable. He is also good at free kicks which is a bonus. Definitely a must buy in my opinion, since prying him away from the Croatian league should be doable for most clubs if you are in a bigger competition and have some cash to spare.

Another Spaniard I consider a must buy, who was quite random stats wise but had loads of potential pre 19.3, is Pelayo Morilla. Good news is that he seems to now start with the same stat distribution whilst keeping the huge potential, however his determination can differ which leads me to believe that some of his 'hidden stats' can fluctuate as well. No matter though, he is definitely less random now and is always left footed, whilst being natural at AMC, AML and ML. I think his minimum fee release clause fluctuates from like 700k to 1.7mill from what I have seen. Not sure if that price depends on how high his PA has turned out. Was one of my favourite players pre 19.3 and is even more so now that he is less of an unknown quantity. Second season in one of my saves, after giving him more and more first team experience, and he is now labelled the next Pep Guardiola! 

Tonali seems to be as brilliant as ever, and it is just a matter of hoping he gets a good roll in terms of his potential! So definitely a must buy, however he seems to cost more! So don't expect the 3-4 million dollar bargain. 

It is hard to just name 2 more people as must buys! Since there are so many! However going by the ones who seem improved since 19.3 and someone who doesn't get much attention, I am going with the Brazilian defensive midfielder from OGC Nice Danilo. He has such good stat distribution across the board! Like almost to fault where he doesn't truly excel in any area at the start of the game, which is fine, because his potential seems to have been boosted. So he should develop into one of the better midfielders, specially when looking at defensive abilities combined with play making nous.

Last player I am going to recommend is another South American, however this guy seems to have come out of the blue. I went on a scouting rampage in Argentina after 19.3 - There are copious amounts of amazing players there  *cough* Exequiel Palacious *cough* and they can be bought for peanuts *cough* Thiago Almada *cough* Sorry bout that! My favourite might be a left footed ball playing centre back who isn't at one of the more reputable clubs known for exceptional players like Boca *cough* Cristian Pavon *cough*, you will find him plying his trade at Defensa y Justicia. His name is Lisandro Martinez and he appears to be a MUST BUY!!!! Seriously there are hardly any talented left footed ball playing centre backs in the game, and he starts with amazing stats along with the 'tries long range passes' trait. I had to look him up on youtube, and sure enough he looks pretty talented in real life. His potential seems huge and could well be one of the best backs in the game. Now you can't buy him in the first season since he only just signed, or at least I haven't been able to but I don't play with any of the massive clubs, don't fret though! I bought him at the start of the second season for 2.6 mill! Maybe he would be willing to move in the January window, I did not try. 

There are a lot of other great players who either improved or regressed after 19.3 however I am sticking with these 5.  

BUT

Since I don't know how much it would cost to buy Danilo, here is a lil bonus beauty - Marcos Paulo from Fluminese in Brazil. ANOTHER non-eu player!?! Guess again he has Portuguese citizenship along with his Brazilian nationality! Rejoice!

Edited by ausmjace

@ausmjace Yeah Lisandro Martinez is pretty great, I don't know if he got bumped at all on the update but I had him for River Plate on the original DB and he was immense. Marcos Senesi at San Lorenzo is another good left-footed BPD whom I've signed numerous times on FM18 and the current game for under £10m. 

Actually just picked up Lisandro Martinez, he'd had a few years in MLS to develop too so looks great.

@zlatanera Yeh mate, I only just stumbled across him after 19.3 and have fallen in love. I like trying to pair him with Jorge Mere from Koln, but you gotta buy him pretty much straight away because people are clamoring to sign him. 

On 12/03/2019 at 15:03, zlatanera said:

@ausmjace Yeah Lisandro Martinez is pretty great, I don't know if he got bumped at all on the update but I had him for River Plate on the original DB and he was immense. Marcos Senesi at San Lorenzo is another good left-footed BPD whom I've signed numerous times on FM18 and the current game for under £10m. 

The only major downside with him is his height. 

1.78 is really low for a top class central defender.

Only Ake comes to mind as an exception. 

26 minutes ago, CapaJr said:

The only major downside with him is his height. 

1.78 is really low for a top class central defender.

Only Ake comes to mind as an exception. 

Well I won the Champions League with Nathan Aké as my first choice DCL and never even noticed his height! It depends on Jumping Reach. I'll have a really tall guy with only 10 JR, or a guy above 175cm with a higher one but not a short guy with low JR.

I thought I read somewhere that jumping reach is the real height of a player in-game..And that height is just an information thing without any consequences..

So jumping reach of 20 for a player of 1m68 is higher then a big-foot 2m tall guy with jumping reach 18..

16 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

I thought I read somewhere that jumping reach is the real height of a player in-game..And that height is just an information thing without any consequences..

So jumping reach of 20 for a player of 1m68 is higher then a big-foot 2m tall guy with jumping reach 18..

Nope, it says in the in-game hints that they work in tandem with each other. The 2m tall guy is winning 99/100 aerial duels with the 1m68 guy, excluding other factors like agility (if one of them has to turn to attack the ball), strength and balance for example

12 minuti fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

Nope, it says in the in-game hints that they work in tandem with each other. The 2m tall guy is winning 99/100 aerial duels with the 1m68 guy, excluding other factors like agility (if one of them has to turn to attack the ball), strength and balance for example

Someone from SI confirmed that only jumping reach is taken in account, and admitted the tooltip might be misleading

3 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

Someone from SI confirmed that only jumping reach is taken in account, and admitted the tooltip might be misleading

Can you link it? I'd be interested to see that. 

19 ore fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

Can you link it? I'd be interested to see that. 

wish i remember where it was, i think in the official feedback thread

On 07/03/2019 at 04:58, bigdanio said:

Tonali

Arp

Marin

Pedrinho

Sergio Gomez 

Which Pedrinho?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Coleman said:

Which Pedrinho?

I'd imagine the left-footed AMR/AMC at Corinthians. 

Edited by zlatanera

1. Rajkovic

2. Marin

3 .De Ligt

4. Tonali

5. Dolberg

On 07/12/2018 at 14:05, RioImmagina said:

Sigurd gronli, you can buy him for 200k and he's a top baragain

He's one of my favourites !!

Bruno Fernandes 

Fabio Silva

Eder militao 

Jack Clark

Nicolas pepe

Origi - (Free half of season)

De Light

Vargas 

Everton Soares

Dani Olmo 

Seem to remember on last years FM there was a wonderkid Brazilian called Paulo Victor, was starting a new save and actually seen him playing for a 3rd division Spanish side. Think it was Ibiza or Marbella or something. What the hell happened there?

1 hour ago, KF1990 said:

Seem to remember on last years FM there was a wonderkid Brazilian called Paulo Victor, was starting a new save and actually seen him playing for a 3rd division Spanish side. Think it was Ibiza or Marbella or something. What the hell happened there?

Are you sure it's the same one? Brazil has such a huge population, and such a huge population of male footballers, you get quite a few with the same names

1 hour ago, zlatanera said:

Are you sure it's the same one? Brazil has such a huge population, and such a huge population of male footballers, you get quite a few with the same names

It's highly possible that could be the case. I think i'll have to load up both Spanish and Brazilian leagues to take a deeper look. His stats didn't look too bad though either.