Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
KingRoyston

FM19: Top 5 Must Buys

Recommended Posts

Across 5 seasons and two different saves, in terms of great value for money mine would be:

  • Sandro Tonali
  • Antonio Marin
  • Fiete Arp
  • Francisco Trincao
  • Almamy Toure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almamy is great but a bit injury prone so should be monitored carefully- make sure you rotate him wisely. 

I’ll add Vagnoman, Haland, Aouar, Pavard and ofcourse De Ligt to that list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Urotsukidoji said:

1. B.Kamara cb

2. Tonali

3. Marin

4. Sergio Gomez

5. Thiago Almeda

Almada, not Almeda. But yeah, that guy is sheer brilliant. Plays as an AML in my Ajax save, not even his best position, and his statistics are through the roof. 

Thiago Almada_ Overview Profile-6.png

Edited by KlaaZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For limited budget here's my top 5

1. Predrag Rajkovic GK. Less than 5mill

2. Svetozar Markovic CB. Less than 4mill

3. Bruno Xadas CM/CAM. Less than 3mill

4. Antonio Marin AML. About 2,5 mill

5. Dejan Joveljic ST. Less than 2 mill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Sandro Tonali £8m
  • Antonio Marin £2m
  • Fiete Arp £16m
  • Matthijs de Ligt £20m
  • Moise Kean £15m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 10/12/2018 at 18:45, toby14 said:
  • Sandro Tonali £8m
  • Antonio Marin £2m
  • Fiete Arp £16m
  • Matthijs de Ligt £20m
  • Moise Kean £15m

Unfortunately, Marin is not going for peanuts after the update, and Arp is Bayern Münich bound. 

Edited by Gungner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gungner said:

Unfortunately, Marin is not going for peanuts after the update, and Arp is Bayern Münich bound. 

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zlatanera said:

@Gungner did he get a boost, or did they just put him on a bigger contract? 

Could simply be a reputation boost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zlatanera said:

@Gungner did he get a boost, or did they just put him on a bigger contract? 

Think just a reputation boost... Also you have to load the Croatian league to have him in your save post-update... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gungner said:

Think just a reputation boost... Also you have to load the Croatian league to have him in your save post-update... 

Ah right, yeah I think a few have had - looking at Dinamo now and whilst he's still got a relatively low value Dani Olmo and Lovro Majer are valued at over £10m each. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, he might have a low value, but Dinamo are asking between £22 and £25 million for him now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gungner said:

Yeah, he might have a low value, but Dinamo are asking between £22 and £25 million for him now.  

Damn. Makes sense though - looking at him now and the likes of Liverpool are already interested, whereas in my Manchester United save my scouts didn't pay him any attention until midway through the second season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Neither is Arp, he's off to Bayern in the summer.

Summer of 2020, so two years in, yeah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gungner said:

Summer of 2020, so two years in, yeah. 

For something craxy like (e)2m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Are you guys actually buying who fits in with the rest of the team/tactic when you set up the game. Or are you just looking for great bargains/wonderkids? Nothing wrong with either, simply just curious.

Edited by Purplejesus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Depends.... if there's a great bargain wonderkid, I'll go for him, and retrain him if he doesn't fit. 

@Geordieboy52 Yeah, £2,7 million

 

Edited by Gungner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Gungner said:

Think just a reputation boost... Also you have to load the Croatian league to have him in your save post-update... 

I managed to unsettle him and Dinamo transfer listed him for 1.5 million having previously quoted me 10 mill+. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just managed to buy Marin at the start of season 4 with Brescia. He's not got the stats I thought he would have but still looks a very useful player for the Serie A. Cost me 15m straight cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-9 kids are random and different in each save. Shouldn’t them be ruled out when we talk about ‘must buy’?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, 无门冰&# said:

-9 kids are random and different in each save. Shouldn’t them be ruled out when we talk about ‘must buy’?

Not really. The -9 range is going to be between 150 and 180. Even if that player gets the worst possible potential, maxing it out still makes them a pretty good player. Skill distribution matters more than actual Current Ability, but generally speaking, a player with a CA of 150 is still going to be a very good player. Not likely a superstar for the very biggest of clubs, but a solid player for a club below that. And that's if they are absolute bottom of the possible range. And most of these recommended players are going to be pretty good to start with, meaning the possibility of them maxing their potential is a bit better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Not really. The -9 range is going to be between 150 and 180. Even if that player gets the worst possible potential, maxing it out still makes them a pretty good player.

Yeah, plus many of us - possibly even most of us - don't cheat by looking at PA of players. Personally, I'm happy to have people on this thread say, "This is a good player, available at a good price", but I know there are many who won't even stoop that low!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ausmjace Yeah Lisandro Martinez is pretty great, I don't know if he got bumped at all on the update but I had him for River Plate on the original DB and he was immense. Marcos Senesi at San Lorenzo is another good left-footed BPD whom I've signed numerous times on FM18 and the current game for under £10m. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually just picked up Lisandro Martinez, he'd had a few years in MLS to develop too so looks great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@zlatanera Yeh mate, I only just stumbled across him after 19.3 and have fallen in love. I like trying to pair him with Jorge Mere from Koln, but you gotta buy him pretty much straight away because people are clamoring to sign him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/03/2019 at 15:03, zlatanera said:

@ausmjace Yeah Lisandro Martinez is pretty great, I don't know if he got bumped at all on the update but I had him for River Plate on the original DB and he was immense. Marcos Senesi at San Lorenzo is another good left-footed BPD whom I've signed numerous times on FM18 and the current game for under £10m. 

The only major downside with him is his height. 

 

1.78 is really low for a top class central defender.

Only Ake comes to mind as an exception. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CapaJr said:

The only major downside with him is his height. 

1.78 is really low for a top class central defender.

Only Ake comes to mind as an exception. 

Well I won the Champions League with Nathan Aké as my first choice DCL and never even noticed his height! It depends on Jumping Reach. I'll have a really tall guy with only 10 JR, or a guy above 175cm with a higher one but not a short guy with low JR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I read somewhere that jumping reach is the real height of a player in-game..And that height is just an information thing without any consequences..

So jumping reach of 20 for a player of 1m68 is higher then a big-foot 2m tall guy with jumping reach 18..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

I thought I read somewhere that jumping reach is the real height of a player in-game..And that height is just an information thing without any consequences..

So jumping reach of 20 for a player of 1m68 is higher then a big-foot 2m tall guy with jumping reach 18..

Nope, it says in the in-game hints that they work in tandem with each other. The 2m tall guy is winning 99/100 aerial duels with the 1m68 guy, excluding other factors like agility (if one of them has to turn to attack the ball), strength and balance for example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minuti fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

Nope, it says in the in-game hints that they work in tandem with each other. The 2m tall guy is winning 99/100 aerial duels with the 1m68 guy, excluding other factors like agility (if one of them has to turn to attack the ball), strength and balance for example

Someone from SI confirmed that only jumping reach is taken in account, and admitted the tooltip might be misleading

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

Someone from SI confirmed that only jumping reach is taken in account, and admitted the tooltip might be misleading

Can you link it? I'd be interested to see that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 ore fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

Can you link it? I'd be interested to see that. 

wish i remember where it was, i think in the official feedback thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/03/2019 at 04:58, bigdanio said:

Tonali

Arp

Marin

Pedrinho

Sergio Gomez 

Which Pedrinho?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Coleman said:

Which Pedrinho?

I'd imagine the left-footed AMR/AMC at Corinthians. 

Edited by zlatanera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Rajkovic

2. Marin

3 .De Ligt

4. Tonali

5. Dolberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/12/2018 at 14:05, RioImmagina said:

Sigurd gronli, you can buy him for 200k and he's a top baragain

He's one of my favourites !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruno Fernandes 

Fabio Silva

Eder militao 

Jack Clark

Nicolas pepe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Origi - (Free half of season)

De Light

Vargas 

Everton Soares

Dani Olmo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seem to remember on last years FM there was a wonderkid Brazilian called Paulo Victor, was starting a new save and actually seen him playing for a 3rd division Spanish side. Think it was Ibiza or Marbella or something. What the hell happened there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KF1990 said:

Seem to remember on last years FM there was a wonderkid Brazilian called Paulo Victor, was starting a new save and actually seen him playing for a 3rd division Spanish side. Think it was Ibiza or Marbella or something. What the hell happened there?

Are you sure it's the same one? Brazil has such a huge population, and such a huge population of male footballers, you get quite a few with the same names

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zlatanera said:

Are you sure it's the same one? Brazil has such a huge population, and such a huge population of male footballers, you get quite a few with the same names

It's highly possible that could be the case. I think i'll have to load up both Spanish and Brazilian leagues to take a deeper look. His stats didn't look too bad though either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...