Bids for my players coming in too low

Three times this season, other teams have came in with offers for key players on my team (Lucas Digne, Gylfi Sigurdsson, and Idrissa Gueye). For all three, the bids have come in under the value of the player (Gueye's can be seen below). The players all had multiple years left on their contract, were happy at the club, and were not listed for transfer. Any ideas on why this could be?

2095138290_ScreenShot2018-12-07at1_35_34AM.thumb.png.6cb77db65e92212d5425776abc11b15b.png

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the transfer value is his worth to your team and not the necessarily his perceived value in the transfer market by other clubs. Doesn't matter if they're not listed for transfer or are happy at your club. If other clubs are interested, they will make a bid. 

The buying clubs are testing the market to see if you will bite.  They will not bid high on their first bid and are using the first bids as a means of seeing if you are prepared to negotiate.  Either reject all bids or set the transfer value to a level where you might be interested, then see if the bidding club comes back with a new offer.

As FrazT says, they are trying to see if you will sell, and perhaps trying to unsettle a player too. Just reject the offers if they are too low (obviously the one you show you cannot negotiate). If you can negotiate, try sticking in a number higher than what you would actually accept. If the team is interested, they will make a counter offer. If they are just testing the waters, they will back out.

Also, with this, do not be afraid to make the player unhappy by refusing to sell him (just do not promise you will accept bids and then do not). Usually, although not always, a player who is unhappy because you refused to sell will settle back down once the transfer window is finished.

54 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

So how fair is it if we have to overpay so much for any player not transfer listed, and computer is making prices below our player value ? how to sell player for example who get like many goals or assists and is our key player for price higher than his value ?

I don't see the problem. The AI makes bids that are not acceptable, you refuse. So they'll have to overpay to get your players. Just like you have to pay more to get theirs. 

But I don't think they will...and for sure not that much that I will have to overpay for their players...

For example I have Gaya, Rodrigo, Kondogbia or Mina and their value increase after reaching final of CL in 1st season and I don't want to sell them and clubs offer even less than their value heh...

I am trying to negotiate their offer like for example Gaya Mina have release clause if I remember correctly 192 mln PLN so I am saying I want 191 mln  PLN ( 1 mln less ) and they just destroy my morale by this low offer under the value all the time... and after I make my offer like this they quit and come back with same low offer heh... he is worth 90+ and they want to pay 58.... i tried (just to check) to sell someone like for few mln PLN above their value not much tho but still couldn't

So we should have the same rules... it's hard to sell player for good value, they offer mostly less, but you have to overpay always a big time if you want to buy someone and I am talking about players not on the transfer list... because I know if he is on the transfer list you can buy him at his value or lower.

Btw. so if I would like to unsettle all players in my league from other team I can do that without consequences ? Just offer bids and say I want them even if I don't ? Will it impact my team?

1 hour ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

Btw. so if I would like to unsettle all players in my league from other team I can do that without consequences ? Just offer bids and say I want them even if I don't ? Will it impact my team?

Depends if the players are interested in joining your club. Also the players on your club at that position may become unsettled because they know you're trying to replace them. 

The player's value is a mix of player reputation, ability, league etc... but i don't think it says if player is unique or common. So,due to medium player are more than excellent ones they will harder to sell at her value.

I sold a good that value 500m for 7M, while for his teammates who valued 150m i had accept less than 50m, 'cause ai can find several player like him for that price.

hace 9 minutos, boizee dijo:

Another thing I forgot to mention is that every bid that has came in for these players have been locked so I cannot negotiate.

just reject, if player is unhappy u just try to fix it with the "minimun offer" option, if the team really wants the player, he can leave no problem.

i had a situation were a player was getting offers around 30M for a value of 50M player, the player gets unhappy because city vs mid high table team, i proposed to the player that if city comes with a 100M offer i will let him leave. 2 Transfers windows later i got city to offer 80M (including future fees) and negotiated to 95M + 30M fees

Player values in the PL get massively inflated due to PL reputation (Hurray for the rep system). On top of that both Sigurdsson and Gueye aren't the youngest players anymore, so is it that surprising that clubs are not going to massively overpay for not that great players that have no rest value? In the end the total value of that offer is 45.5m (If he plays his matches) for a player that is soon thirty. Considering it's not that hard to find other players as good as Gueye, I see nothing wrong with Barca giving it a shot and telling you to take it or leave it.

As for the whole "but we have to massively overpay!!"

Getting a relatively old player for his squad value isn't that hard. Sure, the AI probably won't accept the first bid, but if you get the player unsettled it's not that hard. However, how often do we as players even bid for mediocre 30 year olds? Almost never I bet. Instead you'll be hunting young players with potential, who often have lower rep and contracts, thus lower overall value (Again hurray for rep system), but if you compare a 23 year old first team player with potential to a 30 year old first team player it should be obvious that the 23 year old holds far more value. In FM however this is not reflected in the shown transfer value, only in what the AI/the player will demand for the player.

Archived