Sports Interactive Community
jamesshipman87

getting a son in regen intake

hi im just wondering in football manager 2019 is it still possible to get a son in youth intake? i got it a couple of times on fm 18, if so isit still 1 in 1000 chance or isit been narrowed down. 

Yes it's still possible  I believe, but not sure what the odds are. Or what the criteria are that trigger that possibility.

10 hours ago, jamesshipman87 said:

hi im just wondering in football manager 2019 is it still possible to get a son in youth intake? i got it a couple of times on fm 18, if so isit still 1 in 1000 chance or isit been narrowed down. 

You got a "couple"? I've been playing more than 1,000 hrs the last 5 versions at least, and never got one. Guess I'm not popular enough with the ladies in the FM world to get a son... :(

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

You got a "couple"? I've been playing more than 1,000 hrs the last 5 versions at least, and never got one. Guess I'm not popular enough with the ladies in the FM world to get a son... :(

How old are you?

15 minutes ago, Bobbins71 said:

How old are you?

34, i usually play 10-30 years into saves, so well above the "limit" for a son.

6 hours ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Have to be at the same club for 20 years, don't you? I doubt it's changed from '18. 

I’ve not had one myself but I’m sure that’s not the case.

I think it might be something you can unlock after 20 years on FM Touch?

Hoping to see this happen for me this year as my plan with FM19 is to be a 1 save 1 club type deal. Managed 1 save, 5 clubs in FM18, 37 years but no son.

I have a relative who plays FM12 and last we spoke I believe he was in the year 2074, or the 74th season, either way they are both plenty of time for a son but has never happened, assuming it was in the game back then anyway.

5 hours ago, Scoham said:

I’ve not had one myself but I’m sure that’s not the case.

I think it might be something you can unlock after 20 years on FM Touch?

I think I  was HC at Barcelona for 20 years in FM 18 Touch before unlocking it. 

The 'have to played 10 years' is a myth, only thing that's relevant is age, you have to be early 30's+. can happen in your 1st season or your 100th, just a 1/10,000 chance.

I've never got one, and i spent hours once reloading my save to get one, you're really lucky if it happens

I'm in my 50s, my 36-year-old wife is the chairwoman at my club and has been for a few iterations of FM now. In all these years we've never had a son. Spookily, we're childless in real life too!

:ackter:

After more than a decade playing this game, I finally got a son in game. 

Only then I noticed I had switched surname and name in my profile... :seagull:

can someone from SI confirm if you must be a certain age or if you must be at club for 20 years?

3 hours ago, Domathon said:

can someone from SI confirm if you must be a certain age or if you must be at club for 20 years?

As mentioned above by ryanlion28:

On 08/12/2018 at 14:24, ryanlion28 said:

The 'have to played 10 years' is a myth, only thing that's relevant is age, you have to be early 30's+. can happen in your 1st season or your 100th, just a 1/10,000 chance.

I've never got one, and i spent hours once reloading my save to get one, you're really lucky if it happens

I can confirm that I got a son in 2025 (FM19) so there definitely isn't a 10 or 20 year limit. My first son in any FM and he was useless enough to be instantly released by me and never signed by another club. Retired 2026.

Had mine in 18. He was rubbish and called Edgar. Like WTF as if I’d call my son Edgar.