Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mattjohn

Latest Version

Perhaps not best place to ask (as S.I i assume will want to promote steam/direct purchase)

But I'm a casual hockey fan (big fan of Football manager) I'd like to try EHM out but no demo i can see.

What makes th £14.99 version better?

I seem to be able to buy the latest (2015) incarnation from key sites online for £2-£3. Can i not just do this and update?

Or there is even a download key on ebay for 99p. Is this an older version?

Confusing that different incarnations have same title.

1 hour ago, Captain_al said:

Perhaps not best place to ask (as S.I i assume will want to promote steam/direct purchase)

But I'm a casual hockey fan (big fan of Football manager) I'd like to try EHM out but no demo i can see.

What makes th £14.99 version better?

I seem to be able to buy the latest (2015) incarnation from key sites online for £2-£3. Can i not just do this and update?

Or there is even a download key on ebay for 99p. Is this an older version?

Confusing that different incarnations have same title.

The game's only available via Steam, and updates automatically on Steam (the older versions of EHM from 2007 and before are not available for purchase as new anymore). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastside_Hockey_Manager

I  would think the primary thing that makes the "£14.99 version better" is that buying directly from Steam is more reputable/reliable (I've made a purchase or two via Humble Bundle but otherwise I've never used a key site/eBay for purchasing Steam games)

It's worth noting that EHM 1 is regularly on sale for a few pounds. So if you're not sure, it might be worth waiting a bit until it's on sale again.

Given the base game was made years ago can I ask if there are updates for current rosters?

Also if I was to buy game now what year would it start in (in-game)

Yes, there are plenty of updates at TBL forum :)

It depends which rosters you use, some of them starting in 18/19 and some in 17/18 :)

Edited by filip_croatia

Update.

Bought the steam code from a legitimate source via eBay. 99p !!

Updates to latest roster and got logo packs. Looks great, will take me a long time to get used to the intricacies of hockey but hopefully be a learning curve so I can enjoy it overall even more.

Best part is the official UK elite league runs from 2017-18. So it features my club Edinburgh Capitals (who sadly folded this year). Looks like I can continue the legacy in game instead!

Even if I don't play much that's tremendous value for money