Advice on how to break down packed defences - Bayern Munich

On 10/12/2018 at 15:51, mikcheck said:

@ajsr1982 but in this case, more it's not always better. Having a DLP on defend can help to draw teams out by having that player deeper. When teams defend so deep against me and I have my DMC or the most defensive player on a support duty, he ends up being close to the opponent box, in a space that is already congested.

Of course. It's personal preference. I merely wanted to highlight that there are other options available. The conversation was taking a track where I thought it going towards 'DLP-S is wrong'.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

If anyone's interested, I've give n this thread a mention in my Football Manager blog...

https://www.nowwelive.com/football-manager-ambition/the-dilemma

Nice!

Quick question about your Inside forwards, what specific position do they mark? Also would you be willing to share your tactic in an upload? I have tried to copy it however for some reason the inside forwards and CF don't hard press more option!

47 minutes ago, Kilmarnock said:

Nice!

Quick question about your Inside forwards, what specific position do they mark? Also would you be willing to share your tactic in an upload? I have tried to copy it however for some reason the inside forwards and CF don't hard press more option!

My IFs mark the oppo fullbacks.  For the life of me, I can't remember why I set that up, but it's been part of this tactic since... ages ago.   EDIT: I think I set up that marking to mitigate against counter attacks when my fullbacks are caught out.  Which rarely happens, but still... I have a chip on my shoulder when it comes to getting hit on the break, and fullbacks getting caught out.  

Not sure what you mean about the press more option.  I've maxed out my pressing for these positions, but they don't have as high a max as some other roles, just because of the nature of what they are.   This is what they have on my game:

Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 15.11.51.png

Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 15.12.45.png

thanks for the information @thedude also reading through your story on fm2019 o your blog. I am going to try your formation out and let you know how I get on, had a fantastic formation in fm2018 which included two roaming playmakers and a deep lying play maker but cant get anything to work on this game yet.

1 minute ago, Kilmarnock said:

thanks for the information @thedude also reading through your story on fm2019 o your blog. I am going to try your formation out and let you know how I get on, had a fantastic formation in fm2018 which included two roaming playmakers and a deep lying play maker but cant get anything to work on this game yet.

Good luck with it!

17 hours ago, The Dude said:

@Vega09

This has been an awesome thread so far, by the way.  Thanks for kicking it off. 

You're very welcome! It's been very informative for me and given me a much clearer idea of what to look out for to achieve my style of play.

Unfortunately due to work I am struggling to spend much time with the game but hopefully in the next few days I can dedicate some proper time to it!

34 minutes ago, Vega09 said:

You're very welcome! It's been very informative for me and given me a much clearer idea of what to look out for to achieve my style of play.

Unfortunately due to work I am struggling to spend much time with the game but hopefully in the next few days I can dedicate some proper time to it!

Well, I've got roughly two more weeks of being able to really cane it on the game, following which, I'm gonna have to slow down with it.  Real life, etc. 

Archived