Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kruj

Variable number of participants in cup

Hey,

I'd like to set up a regional cup competition of Lower Saxony in Germany. According to the real rules, all clubs from Lower Saxony that play in 3. Liga and Regionalliga Nord are participating in that cup. That means, that the number of participating teams changes every year depending on how many teams from Lower Saxony play in 3. Liga and Regionalliga Nord.

So is there any chance to set up a cup competition with a variable number of teams each year? Haven't found any function in the editor that can be used for such an intention.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Kruj

1 hour ago, Kruj said:

Hey,

I'd like to set up a regional cup competition of Lower Saxony in Germany. According to the real rules, all clubs from Lower Saxony that play in 3. Liga and Regionalliga Nord are participating in that cup. That means, that the number of participating teams changes every year depending on how many teams from Lower Saxony play in 3. Liga and Regionalliga Nord.

So is there any chance to set up a cup competition with a variable number of teams each year? Haven't found any function in the editor that can be used for such an intention.

Thanks in advance!

What is the scale for variable numbers?

You can make different cup stages with different numbers and use ''do not add stage if not enough teams'' tick.

For example make a cup stage with 16 teams and use the ''do not add stage if not enpugh teams'' option.

Then add another cup stage with 14 teams in same way.

In this way only correct number of stage will run.

Ok, I tried it now but it didn't work properly... If I set up multiple stages and tick the "Don't add stage if not enough teams" in each stage, the stages are yet played ingame. I set up 9 stages for the cup competition (from 8 to 16 teams) and all 9 stages are played in the season! Although I ticked the box everywhere...

16 hours ago, Kruj said:

Thank you, I'll try it :)

No need for that. Its easy to do with min/max number of teams settings (minimum 2 - max ? ).

In teams section first add lines to ignore all clubs from some divisions (clubs from divisions you want to avoid) and after that add all teams from that region (using secondary division setting or one by one).

Thanks @krlenjushka, I already found that out by myself an hour ago. I didn't know that the game is really that smart that it creates the rounds itself depending on the number of teams :D Really nice stuff. Problem solved!

Edited by Kruj

I think there's no need to tinker with ignore team settings. etc. What if you use this option to get al teams for 3. Liga and Regionalliga Nord ? Seems to work

image.thumb.png.9adfcf0fd51e943307600b3fb6c83d21.pngimage.thumb.png.ec59c9b92f74f1c4ae82870c811ae6a8.png

Edited by WSneijder10

2 hours ago, WSneijder10 said:

I think there's no need to tinker with ignore team settings. etc. What if you use this option to get al teams for 3. Liga and Regionalliga Nord ? Seems to work

image.thumb.png.9adfcf0fd51e943307600b3fb6c83d21.pngimage.thumb.png.ec59c9b92f74f1c4ae82870c811ae6a8.png

Could be - i never used that option or local region option here.

in that option if there is more than 3 teams from your local region on cup the index will be wrong

why dont you index when getting teams?