Sports Interactive Community
Lord Rowell

ME1922 central striker movement

In this match, sensing an easy victory, I was already 1-0 up as PSG, I did some experimenting.

I changed my AF to a DLF(S). This is Kasper Dolberg in this match. See our 2nd goal scored by Mbappe on 45 mins. In the build up, at no point does the DLF(S) come short for the ball or make angled / circled runs, he continues to play on the shoulder. Now I did wonder if maybe his preferred move was an issue i.e. Breaks Offside Trap.

So, in the 2nd half, I put Tim Weah on, who doesn't have such preferred moves. I watched the game in full from about 70m-85m. I played him as a DLF(S) and then went to F9 for a bit. He does sometimes come short for the ball in the early possession phase, but in more advanced possession and the attacking phase, the old faults return i.e. he's playing close to the shoulder, even when there is space to drop into.

I also, experimenting, tried something a little odd in this period of the game. I lowered my line of engagement and reduced pressing to "less urgent" as I had just wondered if the positioning was due to anticipating the need to engage and press high in the event of transition? But this didn't make a difference.

PKM attached.

LR Bordeaux v Paris SG.pkm

Yeah the only striker role/duty that actually drops deep in the buildup is the pressing forward on defend. It's a known issue that SI were supposedly looking into but they haven't said anything about it in ages .

On 06/12/2018 at 12:21, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

Hi there @Lord Rowell,

Thanks for posting this issue, which match engine did you see this issue in?

We are aware of the issue, could you post any examples you find in the latest Match Engine please.

Cheers,

Hugo

Hi Hugo, sorry for delay in getting back to you.

This was ME1922. I thought you'd be able to tell from the PKM but obviously not? I'll make sure I say which ME it is next time.

I've removed all posts that aren't to do with uploading, especially since Neil has been giving updates where they can in the beta thread. Please keep this thread clear for reporting. They will post updates when they have them. 

Hi Jemal, 

Thanks for the response.

Just to be clear, was the change to striker movement made for 19.2.3?

Or are you talking about a future update where these changes will come into effect?

Edited by divij13

On 05/02/2019 at 11:55, Jemal Wiseman said:

HI all,

Sorry for the late response. 

We are aware that attacking movement is an issue, especially centrally. 

We have made changes to how the DLF and F9 operate. They will now drop slightly deeper when looking for the ball. 

This has created a slight more variety in the goals and you will be able to see this in the new update.

We are aware there is still a lot of work to do and we shall be focusing on an attacking movement revamp for FM20.

Thanks

Jemal

Does this just apply to those 2 roles or has striker movement improved with the update and its other roles? 

19 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

To clarify: Jemal's post wasn't entirely accurate so I've hidden them for now.

We are working on a new ME for 19.3 that should have improvements for the movement of all striker roles (among other improvements). We have larger plans for the future that require more time, however we still feel there should be a noticeable improvement on what we had before.

Great news Jack. Can't wait to test the update ME in the public beta.

1 hour ago, Jack Joyce said:

We are working on a new ME for 19.3 that should have improvements for the movement of all striker roles (among other improvements). We have larger plans for the future that require more time, however we still feel there should be a noticeable improvement on what we had before.

Thanks for the response. 

Look forward to trying out the new ME whenever the update is ready :) 

3 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

Is the public beta out for 19.3? in response to the person who replied. I've checked FM and it states 19.2.2 when i changed the thing a while ago after the Public beta announcement near December time. Confused if i'm in it or it's still yet to come with an update I wasn't aware about. Thanks

1 hour ago, BigV said:

Is the public beta out for 19.3? in response to the person who replied. I've checked FM and it states 19.2.2 when i changed the thing a while ago after the Public beta announcement near December time. Confused if i'm in it or it's still yet to come with an update I wasn't aware about. Thanks

Not yet!