Sports Interactive Community
ahmnivbtay

Game crashes at same place everytime

The game will crash each time I tried to enter July 30 if I save it under D:\. It will also crash each time I tried to enter my first press conference if I save it under the game folder.

I used custom graphics before, but I deleted all of them and updated my changes after the game keeps crashing.

I tried everything in FAQ and reinstall the game but it still crashes.  My pc meets all the requirement of the game and the running speed is 4.5 stars. I also updated the driver of my GPU to the latest version.

Here are the dmp file of the latest crash(crashes when tried to enter July 30) and my DxDiag file.

Thank you.

FM 2019 v19.1.5.1166322 (2018.12.04 07.05.50).dmp

DxDiag.txt

Will the game still crashes if you save it somewhere else (let say C:\) on the 30 July?

Are you using custom database? 

Have you tried deleting cache and preferences folder? - 

the game will crash when I tried to enter the first press conference(also on July 30)if I save it under anywhere in C:\.

I’m not using a custom database.

I didn’t delete the cache and preference folder because I didn’t find them but I clicked clear cache and reset preferences in the game.

Also, I added ”.fm” to each game file because if I didn’t the game will have saving problems and won’t be able to find the files I saved. I don’t know if this will cause some problems or not.

Edited by ahmnivbtay

Did you ticked the Show/hide hidden files/folders box via the View tab on File Explorer, and follow the instruction?

The adding ".fm" is fine and should have nothing to do with the crash.

I suggest you tried deleting the caches and preferences folder first, and if it doesn't work then upload this save game just before the press conference to SI Cloud Service and let us know the name of the save file, please.

Thank you.

Yes, I ticked the Show/hide hidden files/folders box and followed every step in the instruction. But I did not find these two folders.

I have uploaded my game file and it is called Barca 1. I save under files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2019/games on my pc.

Sorry it took so long for me to reply, I was busy last week.

Thank you.

Hi, thank you for your save. We will investigate on this and will let you know once we are able to.

Thank you.

Some new information:

I have updated the game to the latest version and the problem still exists.

I found the cache and preference folder, turns out I was looking in the wrong place before. However, deleting these folders didn’t solve the problem.

Thank you.

Edited by ahmnivbtay

Thank you for you new info, we are investigating this at the moment.

Can you try starting a new save with the same setup and see if it crashes at the same place, please?

Hi this is caused by your manager first name being "    " (4 spaces), which the game shouldn't let you do that. Can I ask you how you managed to bypass this, please?

You should be able to continue the game if you type in a first name.

Sorry for not replying earlier, I was working on something else and forgot about this.

When I was creating the manager profile, I couldn’t come up with a first name so I just typed in some spaces. I don’t know why it worked. I thought doing this was ok because I have done this many times and never received a message telling me not to do so.

I will enter a first name and see if this solves the problem. 

Thank you.

Edited by ahmnivbtay

I don’t know how to enter a first name in my old saves so I started a new one. I’m able to enter July 30 and the first press conference now.

Thank you again for helping me solve this problem.

10 hours ago, ahmnivbtay said:

I don’t know how to enter a first name in my old saves so I started a new one. I’m able to enter July 30 and the first press conference now.

Thank you again for helping me solve this problem.

Hi @ahmnivbtay, glad to hear the issue has been resolved for you. Please let us know if there's any further issues concerning this.

Cheers,

Ali

@ahmnivbtayCan I ask if you are able to still continue to the next screen when typing in the manager first name as 4 spaces, please? if so can you take a screenshot or a short video of it, please?

I would help us a lot, thank you.