Unai What I mean Emery - Great tactic for current Arsenal squad

I started work on this tactic looking to emulate the style of play that Unai Emery has brought to Arsenal this season.

What started as a basic 4-3-3 has evolved into a strong possession based attacking Tactic with a fairly solid defensive side too.

I have played through 2 seasons so far with the core of my team being the current Arsenal squad, I have strengthened my defence with Benjamin Pavard who is the only non current squad player that is regularly used.

Keeper -  Bernd Leno playing in a sweeper role is my main keeper now although had a long injury spell and Petr Cech was an adequate standin.

Defence

CB(R) Pavard 
CB(L) Sokratis

Roles for CB i set individually depending on their strongest role
backup CB's Kosceilny and Holding

WB(L) Kolasinac 
backup  Gian-Luca Itter from Wolfsburg @ £32m very good standin for Kolasinac fit the role a lot better than Monreal

WB(R) Bellarin
struggled getting a good backup for Bellarin ended up using Frederic Chiesa who is a winger in the role but his athletism seems to make up for his defensive frailties.

Midfield
In midfield I use 3 Deep lying playmakers.

DM - Torriera
CM(L) Xhaka
CM(R) Guendouzi

Backups - Maitland-Niles can play any of these roles comfortably
Ramsey Strong in both the CM positions.
Mkhitaryan fits into the CM positions and performs well

Attack

AM - Ozil as an Advanced Playmaker
backups Ramsey and Mkhitaryan

I then have 2 Attacking Forwards in Aubameyang and Lacazette
seem to play better with Aubu on the left.
backup strikers I have used Welbeck, Nketiah and a strong Regen that came through in my second season.

Using this tactic I have played through 2 seasons winning the Premier League twice, the second season unbeaten.
I have also won the Europa League and Champions League, European Supercup and Carabaou Cup.

I look forwards to any feedback and am interested to see what people think and how my tactic performs for them.

tactic.thumb.PNG.7d879c57111cd3a063b49d52cedc8e2a.PNG

Unai Wot I Mean Emery v3.fmf

eos 2018-19.PNG

eos 2019-20.PNG

honours.PNG

1931103984_Results2019.1.thumb.PNG.c92914ef39f87e05162dffbb8bac57e1.PNG

323950348_Results2019.2.thumb.PNG.c0df05e1fed0b02819a4b67938d1994b.PNG

1474102808_Results2019.3.thumb.PNG.0b28feccc73ef75803d3fe8af5085d76.PNG

Hey @lonegun how are you finding the two DLP-S working together?  I have a similar formation but with 3 midfields in a row with a BWM-D sitting between the DLP-S, it seemed to work for the most, but they also seemed to pass the ball between each other to much at times as well, but I wondered if that was because I was playing a F9-S so they had no real target to hit.

9 hours ago, edhdurham said:

Hey @lonegun how are you finding the two DLP-S working together?  I have a similar formation but with 3 midfields in a row with a BWM-D sitting between the DLP-S, it seemed to work for the most, but they also seemed to pass the ball between each other to much at times as well, but I wondered if that was because I was playing a F9-S so they had no real target to hit.

they have worked pretty well. yes they pass a lot between each other but this tends to create space on either wing which they then switch the ball out to.

Archived