Editor Killing The Game?

I've always wondered why people get het up about others using in-game editors and scouting programmes. It's not as if Joe Bloggs in Felixstowe using FM Genie Scout automatically unveils all CA and PA stats on everybody's game! If said Mr. Bloggs chooses to use Genie Scout or Modifier in the privacy of his Felixstowe bedroom, it doesn't affect anyone else.

I've always wondered why people get het up about others using in-game editors and scouting programmes. It's not as if Joe Bloggs in Felixstowe using FM Genie Scout automatically unveils all CA and PA stats on everybody's game! If said Mr. Bloggs chooses to use Genie Scout or Modifier in the privacy of his Felixstowe bedroom, it doesn't affect anyone else.

Well wonder no longer, I shall tell you. people get annoyed not with people using them, that is entirely up to them, but with people then claiming they have found the player legitimately! Now I don't care either way, but a lot of people do and you have to respect that.

Well wonder no longer, I shall tell you. people get annoyed not with people using them, that is entirely up to them, but with people then claiming they have found the player legitimately! Now I don't care either way, but a lot of people do and you have to respect that.

Why would you let it bother you if someone is claiming that? You don't have to take them seriously. It's not like you're competing with them.

"found legitimately" eh?

Well , using Genie i (and i bet most of the people who use it ) look for players with high PA , +170 or for some playing really low leagues +160 , the thing is that you can "legitimately" find a player with PA 150 that can play super in his position , people using third party (or official) editors will never do because they never look for PA <160 players.

And another thing about modifier , FMM is a trainer , this means that you can hand edit a guy from your academy with PA 200 and the right stats for his position so FMM users will not come and claim that they found a player either.

I agree, I don't care what people use with their game, it's theirs and it's up to them.

I just hate seeing the weak "scouts aren't good enough" excuses, like they expect the scouts to give them some kind of response that will basically nominate the player's PA.

Imagine in real life if a scout could narrow down a players PA they'd be worth their weight in gold.

Also when people are bragging on here you don't know whether they're legit or have been using these cheats, so I have no time for the records threads and don't take notice of other bragging statements. Which is a shame because there'd be a few good ones but you just never know.

Editor killing the gamer? Didn't we pay for the game? Them we do whatever we want with it! In fact, without the editor, how in the hell would you create teams/players or player transfers? The editor adds fun to the game. I personally don't use it to "cheat", but i can use it to modify some little aspects if im not happy with the current situation.

Dont be offended but this is a useless thread.

Well if you would of bothered to read a least a few of these posts you would of realised that the title is probably a little misleading and that the post is merely asking for peoples opinions on what they think of using the editor to find out players PA! if you see it as a pointless thread don't comment on it! The majority of the other 50+ posters do not see it that way!

It's totally up to the individual player's choice. I personally would never look at it as I want as realistic an experience as possible. The only thing that does my head in is when people use the editor or worse still FMgenie and then come on here and bang on about how good they are and how the game is too easy!!

I remember finding unknown [to me] gems in FM07 such as:

Saivet, Sakho, Eduardo*, and Wijnaldum

I hadn't heard of them beforehand and I felt really pleased with myself to have found them via the scouting system and help nurture their talents.

*from Botafogo

Well if you would of bothered to read a least a few of these posts you would of realised that the title is probably a little misleading and that the post is merely asking for peoples opinions on what they think of using the editor to find out players PA! if you see it as a pointless thread don't comment on it! The majority of the other 50+ posters do not see it that way!

Them construct your posts/post titles in a way everyone can understand please.

There are 2 ways to look at it i suppose!

1) Are people that use the editor affecting my personal game? No

2) Do people that post on here about "finding" world class hidden talent through the editor and/or genie scout affect me? Yes!

If you want to use the editor to find players, fine! But dont post about your "findings" on here to ruin it for other people! Or if you just cant help yourself im sure the good player and team is guide is the place to put it! That way the purists, like me and many others know where to avoid looking!

I don't see the appeal of ever using something like that, finding out PA and crap.

What's the point in playing if the youngsters you've blooded through are a bunch of Ronaldos, Ronaldinhos Bobby Moores and Peter Schmeichels? I suppose if you're depressed and/or lonely and you have nothing going for ya...

I've personally used it to improve or disimprove certain players that I thought were overratted or underrated even tho they werent in my team, for instance, torres needed to be improved on certain occasions, also the 'godlike' adebayor' needed to be toned down a few notches especially on fm08. Others come to mind, agbonglahor, messi needed improvement etc. ibrahimovic needed toning down aswell.

In my opinion this sort of use improves the game, some people get so anal about using editors, its only a game ffs. Also for a a few years ago it seemed like their was just a continuous arsenal 'bias' in general to the game, which in my opinion was not accurate enough.

its not cheating as its only their PA. sometimes they reach their potential sometimes they dont, its all about how you nurture your talent.

and for the people who say they dont use it because its cheating... you must start new games after playing for many seasons right? and when you start the new games you will know the majority of players that make it and the ones that dont. the more games you start the more you know who has the best potential. you dont have numerous chances at starting again in real life either but is that cheating??

The editor is a great part of the game, without it we (well me anyway) would get bored so much quicker.

Personally i use it only to add / amend players who are missing from their correct teams / not well known.

I used it in FM08 to add Fabian Delph and Aiden White into the Leeds side. Was great to be able to replicate the new season when it started without waiting for FM09.

Also, if you've not played a retro database, or a legends one, you don't know what your missing. Rekindled my love for 08 no doubt.

The editor isn't killing the game. It's offering everyone who uses it the opportunity to create their own scenarios and mould the game in their own way. IMO that's brilliant.

I don't touch the thing with a bargepole. I hardly know what PA and the likes mean and I want to keep it that way. Using an editor would well and truly spoil the game for me.

Each to their own.

I could not care less what way people play the game. If they play by strict LLM rules it is up to them or if they use the editor to look at players PA it is up to them.

Anyway you cannot "cheat" in a single player game. They can lie about how well they did in their game but they do not need an editor to do that.

Archived