OTF Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2018

QUESTION 10: In June, what, in Astafjev's view, was a thread that he thought the mods should be regularly checking to hand out infractions?

Sadly, this low participation and low scoring round is going to end on an absolute damp squib. I can only apologise for what has clearly been a lack of quality this time around... hopefully July sees everything back to how it should be!

On 04/06/2018 at 22:28, Harryseaess said:

Come on... Don't lie to me and pretend that none of you are watching Love Island.

On 04/06/2018 at 23:48, Astafjevs said:

The mods should be checking this thread regularly, handing out infractions. Harry gets the biggest for starting it.

The thread was about Love Island! And nobody got it! Booooo!

That concludes June and means we are officially at the halfway point of the Big Fat Quiz 2018... leaderboard to follow!

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Wigmore said:

QUESTION 5: In June, eldeniro asked OTF what is the largest animal we think we could clingfilm wrap around a lamp post. For three points, name three answers given. Only three guesses allowed!

Nothing weird about this subject - pretty standard OTF behaviour if you ask me.

You could have had any of the following: Ostrich, Blue Whale, Dinosaur, Megashark, Anaconda, Hamster, Deez nuts, Your mum, Cow, Ant, Turtle, Johnny Vegas, Giraffe, Amoeba, Horse, Pug

Up on their clingfilming knowledge are these fabulous points scorers:

3 points: @toon_84

2 points: @bestbrother, @Sons FC

1 point: @Confused Clarity@Bliss Seeker, @grff

I'm sure I mentioned Blue Whale in my answer?

12 minutes ago, Wigmore said:

QUESTION 7: In June, what foodstuff was there a shortage of that mark1985 was very happy about, proclaiming "Good, get rid of the stuff"

Brace yourselves guys, points are about to get a bit thin on the ground, as a lot of you rather struggled with the end of this round.

We had a halloumi shortage! Which is particularly bad news for the 8 of you who thought it was Marmite. Even worse news for @mark1985 though, who loses a point for failing to get his own question right :( :( 

@Confused Clarity is the one and only winner here in a round which stumped almost everyone.

Oh, by the way, @KF1990 went for Carbon Dioxide.

Damn it I thought it was feta. Both are equally rank though

1 minute ago, Scott1892 said:

I'm sure I mentioned Blue Whale in my answer?

Yeah, and in fact you got 2 points on this question. Nice one! Sorry i missed you off the answer there, corrected now.

1 minute ago, sebsy said:

I said Shark, one of the answers was Megashark, do I not get a point?

You do and you did. I missed you off the answer post too... not sure what happened to me there.

1 minute ago, Wigmore said:

@bdcuk only managed to get to -2 points. I think Mrs Wigmore has got used to all the prolapsing now and is less inclined to deduct points for it.

I shall have to up my game.

Oh, I was only joking, but thought it was worth asking after the Hobnob fiasco :D

Bonus points \o/

It does answer my other query I had which was, shouldn't I only have 4 points this round?

Just now, sebsy said:

Oh, I was only joking, but thought it was worth asking after the Hobnob fiasco :D

Bonus points \o/

It does answer my other query I had which was, shouldn't I only have 4 points this round?

Yeah it's 5 because of the shark point.

JUNE LEADERBOARD:

oqOv0Xd.png

Not too much change after a low scoring round. @Confused Clarity still retains his slender lead over @sebsy, with @Scott1892 hot on their heels.

@bdcuk gets to -20 at the halfway point and is just about still on course to break his own filth record come the end of the year.

July questions to follow!

Edited by Wigmore

As we enter July, England and Dreamboat Southgate got well into their World Cup campaign, and thus OTF usage fell off a cliff... meaning it was rather difficult to stitch 10 questions together. Nevertheless, I managed it, and I hope you enjoy these crackers!

Round 7 - JULY

1. @Confused Clarity started a thread in July to gauge how much interest there would be in an OTF Discord channel. How many people showed interest (must be exact for a point)?

2. The following two headlines were both included in an OTF thread by what two word name in July? "Extreme eSports: the very male, billion-dollar gaming industry at a stadium near you", "68% rotten: female critics outnumbered two to one by male counterparts"

3. What was @Ackter talking about in July when he asked - "Why were they actually in there?"

4. What happened to @Harryseaess for the first time in 6 years, @Bhoy for the first time in 2 years, @m_fenton for the first time in 6 months and @G-Man11 for the first time in about a decade in July?

5. Which OTF member took this photo in July? 

61F4F514-8254-4459-B598-27FBB8EAB304.thumb.jpeg.8a985ee667d1a46c0433c94555f02775.jpeg

6. Which of the following three conspiracy theories are OTF statistically more likely to believe? For a bonus point, what percentage of OTFers believe the most likely one, to within 1%?

a) The Moon landing was faked

b) 9/11 was an inside job

c) We have made contact with aliens

7. The first episode of what TV show in July was described as cringeworthy by 3 separate OTFers?

8. In July, @The Rebel MC went to Wales and noted that there was a ridiculous amount of what in Wales?

9. @bdcuk bumped a 12 year old TV show based thread in July - @Weezer simply replied "Sigh". For one point, what is the title of the TV show, and for another, what about bdcuk's post made @Weezer sigh?

10. Which former OTFer is this a photo of?

WRMH6491.thumb.JPG.ac3c7a84f1cd5ede2ae18a9118706608.JPG

Deadline for your July answers is 9pm on Tuesday 18 December!

Please join in and play if you get the time - I spend a lot of time on this, and it makes it worthwhile when plenty of you are joining in and having fun :thup: 

Edited by Wigmore
1 minute ago, Ackter said:

I literally said iPhone In my answer,.surely that's point worthy :(

You were just a little too far away from what actually happened, sorry!

Just now, DB08 said:

Looks like my PM did not go. :D

I would have got 2 points.

Oh :( just double checked and I didn't receive your answers for June, sorry!

1 minute ago, Wigmore said:

Oh :( just double checked and I didn't receive your answers for June, sorry!

Yeah, no worries. Wouldn't really matter anyway.

My answer for 9 was ironic. Fair enough it wasn't the "correct" answer but it's still ironic.

These points you keep pinching off me - added to the amount of cheats on here - surely makes me the real winner.

Ugh, busy weekend and completely forgot about this. Had a half-finished PM to @Wigmore written bit didn't get to finish it off.

I actually knew the answer to Question 9 as well FFS. :D

PS. Great job Wiggy (I can call you Wiggy, right?) - sorry I didn't get my answers in. Loving taking part in the quiz though. :thup:

Edited by Semi Skilled Milk
22 hours ago, Semi Skilled Milk said:

Got my answers in early this time. Need to catch @Bliss Seeker, however unlikely that might be!

Too right you do, the non-cheater leaderboard is hotting up! 

With only 10 points between the top 11 positions, at the half way stage this is still anyone's trophy.

NON-CHEATER LEADERBOARD

image.thumb.png.3d78146e88db49225dfc6f4501f37335.png

Edited by Bliss Seeker

July another tougher round compared to earlier months. In theory it should get easier but the last two months have been about more logical guesses or just being completely stumped than the early part of the year.

34 minutes ago, sebsy said:

July another tougher round compared to earlier months. In theory it should get easier but the last two months have been about more logical guesses or just being completely stumped than the early part of the year.

Yeah it's surprising how July doesn't feel like very long ago but I'm really struggling to think back. I guess the forums probably weren't as heavily used then anyway, although summer at work is totally dead for me so in theory I should have been around a lot more.

August will be a nightmare as I got married and went on honeymoon so missed pretty much the whole month!

On 14/12/2018 at 00:35, Bliss Seeker said:

I'm discounting the top 3 as they're so blatantly cheating. This is between Ham and I and semi skimmed!

June is a struggle though! 

I've missed two months and you've only just pipped me by 1 point :D:D:D

Just now, ham_aka_stam said:

I had a dream last night that you came onto the forum and announced that you had missed the last couple of months due to a colonoscopy.

On 16/12/2018 at 21:10, Semi Skilled Milk said:

PS. Great job Wiggy (I can call you Wiggy, right?) - sorry I didn't get my answers in. Loving taking part in the quiz though. :thup:

You can call me what you like.

2 minutes ago, ham_aka_stam said:

Well stop cheating too or you're being redacted like the other good for nothings :mad:

I actually didn't notice that your score hasn't changed in the past few rounds until now :D

3 minutes ago, Wigmore said:

I had a dream last night that you came onto the forum and announced that you had missed the last couple of months due to a colonoscopy.

Well... erm... yeah... nothing that stimulating... I was just off work visiting family for Christmas.