OTF Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2018

Wigmore

Special bonus "Wigmore ****ed up" round!

I have recently been informed that Question 7 had four correct answers. My bad!

Congrats to @ham_aka_stam, @Deisler26, @Confused Clarity and @Anti Spiral for literally defeating the quizmaster by saying Sea of Thieves and earning an extra point.

And so concludes February. Leaderboard to come!

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three people finished joint first in February with an impressive score of 8 out of 13. Top work @ham_aka_stam, @KF1990 and @Confused Clarity!

Commiserations to @georginho_juventusygr who failed to register a point in this round. But hey, at least you're not @bdcuk who scored minus 2 in this round.

Here is the leaderboard after February!

CeMry97.png

We have joint leaders in @Confused Clarity and @ham_aka_stam, with @sebsy just one point behind. A brilliant February round sees @KF1990 rocket up into fourth. Exciting!

March questions to follow!

19 minutes ago, Wigmore said:

It was Snapchat! I remember the good old days of Snapchat. Walking down the strip in Ibiza town, asking girls to add you, just so you could send them a candid of your gonads later that night. Oh, erm, that's what I heard happens anyway

I'm not sure you can take a "candid" of your own body tbh...

4 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

I'm really not proud of my knowledge of this place in truth.

We're now getting stuck right into the quiz, as we move onto March! It's all to play for and we're now only 9 months in the past. That is only one full pregnancy, so you've no excuse for not getting these right. Good luck!

Round 3 - MARCH

1. For some reason, there were several threads started in March all with the title "X are such graceful creatures", with X being replaced by a thing. For a point each, can you name the four things that these threads were started about? (One point for each)

2. Why, in March, did @kingjericho suggest that Amazon Alexa could be the AI entity that will doom all mankind?

3. What did @Bliss Seeker lose in March, only for Google to find it for him? One point for the name of the item, another point for what Bliss Seeker calls the item.

4. What crazy video did somebody post on OTF in March that @Klimowicz described as "snow joke"?

5. Here is this year's special guest Razor Ruddock with a question for you (NB. Razor says a naughty word (the f one) in the video, you have been warned).

6. What happened in the celebrity world in March that @bestbrother characterised as "the day the dream died"?

7. In March, many OTFers hurled abuse at a man called Darren who works for Cheshire Council. Why?

8. March was a pretty heavy month for celebrity deaths. Can you name the 5 death threads from March, for a point each?

9. Directly after one of these deaths, what update did @Neil Brock make to the forum?

10. If @given1legend was on death row, what would be his last meal, and for a bonus point, why?

Since it's a Thursday in mid-December, I'm assuming the majority of you will be getting battered at various Xmas parties fairly soon, if not now. As such, you have until 7pm on Sunday 9 December to get your March answers in. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Confused Clarity said:

I went back in when they had the Giant Shark in it. The Megaladon I think it was called? But beyond that, I've not touched it much. Would play again, just needs the right group of people to play with.

The most recent release is apparently really fun, but its still an empty game.

3 hours ago, Wigmore said:

Question 2: For one point, this is a close up picture of what object, and for another point, which OTF user does it belong to?

A slight clerical error here. This event happened in 2017! Whoops! However the thread was updated in February, so there!

It was Bliss Seeker's broken toilet seat!

Amazingly, not including the man himself, three of you have flushed out the opposition to score maximum points here! Here are your points scorers:

2 points: @Bliss Seeker, @Mr_Demus, @KF1990, @sebsy
1 point:  @Ackter, @grff, @Sons FC, @Semi Skilled Milk, @The_jagster, @toon_84, @Pukey

Unfortunately for @Deisler26, no points were available on this question for the answer "Gizzy's anus".

I knew that wasn't from this year. Extra proud of myself that I got top points now :)

Love the celeb question again. Was it Wagner from x factor last year? 

No idea what Razor said though :D

18 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Love the celeb question again. Was it Wagner from x factor last year? 

No idea what Razor said though :D

Last year was Big Keith, so 0 points there I'm afraid.

The question is also in the description of the video if you're struggling to parse it.

2 hours ago, sebsy said:

Also, @Wigmore how did you get Ruddock to do that?

There's a website where you can get z list celebs to send a personal message. 

Pretty sure he did that. Or Wigmore is some sort Krays decendant with East end links. He had big chopper Kieth last year. 

22 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

There's a website where you can get z list celebs to send a personal message. 

Pretty sure he did that. Or Wigmore is some sort Krays decendant with East end links. He had big chopper Kieth last year. 

Had no idea that was an actual thing.

Thirty ****ing English pounds to get a message from Ruddock. I really hope Wigmore hasn't paid that :D 

Could've got Pat Sharp for £25 or Kurt Angle $100 :D 

If that's what he's done then yes, personally I wouldn't be spending £30 just to get that done, but whether he has or not, fair play to Wigmore. Having a celebrity question every year is I bet something no other forum does, and I bet there aren't that many that have a BFQOTY at all, and it does all add to the grandness and awesomeness of Wigmore's effort.

Sent...only one question I kind of remembered some of the possible answers, tough round...if people are getting a few points on this round then they are definitely saddos who spend (and more worringly...commit to memory) too much time and effort on here :D 

Good evening, it's time for the March answers! Ronnie's playing in the UK Championship final so I'm going to rattle through these, much like I hope the man himself rattles through the frames to victory.

Going in to March, there is no clear winner, and we have a tie at the top of the leaderboard. Are you excited? OK, maybe not, but hopefully you're mildly interested.

Here we go!

Archived