OTF Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2018

8 minutes ago, toon_84 said:

Aren't you always pissed?

No! That was the pre-gout pre-happyish version of bliss! 

This new version only drinks excessively during holidays and once ever 2 weeks! 

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

I thought you were going to admit to your mental impairment then. :(

I'm now 6 pints into the night and we haven't even got to the house part yet! 

I also think i'm dying. My heart is hurting. Or it could just be trapped wind. Its been 3 days. Going to try some windeeze now to see if it worka

I hope you all had a pleasant Christmas. Judging by @Bliss Seeker's attempt at doing this round, I think he had a VERY pleasant Christmas. It's time to get back to the quiz, as it enters its final stages. We are now just 5 days away from finding out who is the winner of the OTFBFQOTYTTAE!

QUESTION 1: What videos did somebody start a thread about in October that lead to the following OTF replies: "What the ****", "What the actual ****", "**** me", "Erm...", "Nurse!"

Judging by those replies, I'm thinking that this was probably something a bit weird even by OTF's low standards. And indeed it was!

On 17/10/2018 at 16:41, mikcheck said:

Hello guys,

I'm writing to show  you my  Youtube channel videos. 3rd one will come this week.

Please share it with your people too. All the help is more than welcome and very significant, no matter how small it is.

And, of course, any opinions/comments are more than welcome too.

Thanks a lot for your time!

It was of course about @mikcheck and his abstract comedy YouTube videos! Give them a watch, you might just learn something.

A quick post-Christmas point to @sebsy, @grff, @mark1985 and @Bliss Seeker

@bestbrother has been on the eggnogs... he's gone for "anal fissures" here.

QUESTION 2: What news story was Redshift describing when he posted this picture in October? 

stream_img.jpg

A nice easy one here, and I'm really pleased with a lot of your knowledge of where the Shetland islands are. I have a Geography degree and thought that was Orkney. :( 

On 10/10/2018 at 22:40, Redshift said:

Finally, the Shetland Isles get the recognition they deserve as new legislation comes into effect that prevents the Islands being placed in a box on maps.

It was of course about the story that the Shetlands are not being displayed in a box on a UK map anymore!

Almost all of you got this right! The only wrong attempts here were from @The_jagster (Shetland ponies take over the world), @Bliss Seeker (Ackter's bumhole), @dafuge and @Deisler26 (no answer).

QUESTION 3: What news story / announcement in October was mark1985 providing his reaction to when he posted this gif?

To be fair, this photo is posted quite a lot when something happens, particularly by mark himself. But I won't hear a bad word said against this question because it is about a rather big news story from the time, depending on who you ask.

On 15/10/2018 at 09:07, underwater sunlight said:
On 15/10/2018 at 17:58, mark1985 said:

F5C5B9F5-449D-4296-B4C7-683ADB8570FF.gif.2109193da033c806d03016cedb42394f.gif

This was the news that woman was pregnant..... AKA Harry and Meghan are having a baby!

In their third trimester of this question and delivering a point are @Confused Clarity, @grff, @mark1985, @Sons FC and @DB08

@Bliss Seeker is the very definition of cook pass babtridge in this question, with his answer of "Wigmore's bumhole".

QUESTION 4: For FIVE points(!!!), can you name 5 British people who OTF consider to be national treasures in the UK, but are unknown abroad? 5 guesses only!

A five point question! Wowzers! I'm presuming that @Mr_Demus' failure to enter this round may be to protest against the UKness of this :( 

You could've had any of the following!

Bruce Forsyth
Paul McStay
Barry Ferguson
David Attenborough
Jimmy Savile
Bill Tarmey
Ant and Dec
Katie Hopkins

Here's the thread, for the connoisseurs among you.

Unsurprisingly none of you got Barry Ferguson ( :D ), but congratz to these points scorers!

2 points: @grff, @Scott1892, @Semi Skilled Milk, @dafuge, @Deisler26

1 point: @Confused Clarity, @sebsy, @Sons FC, @toon_84, @The_jagster

QUESTION 5: What happened in October that lead bestbrother to quip "You could say this is a case of Chinese Takeaway"?

What a clever boy bestbrother is, this was one of the puns of the year in my book! But what is he talking about?

On 05/10/2018 at 13:02, Coulthard's Jaw said:

France has opened an investigation into the disappearance of Meng Hongwei, the Chinese head of the international police agency Interpol.

His family have not heard from him since he left Interpol HQ in the French city of Lyon for a trip back to China a week ago, police sources say.

On 05/10/2018 at 13:19, bestbrother said:

You could say this is a case of Chinese Takeaway

giphy.gif

It was of course about the head of Interpol going missing! Get it? Get it? Haha!

A puntastic point to @Confused Clarity, @sebsy, @grff, @Scott1892, @Sons FC, @toon_84, @The_jagster, @bestbrother and @Deisler26

QUESTION 6: What did Bombonera make a thread to ask about in October that made plenty of OTFers a little concerned?

Another of the weirder moments of this year in OTF. This thread had 23 people in particular scared for their lives...

On 14/10/2018 at 14:43, Bombonera said:

I am wondering if any of these guys are still actively posting, or have even posted at all recently (within the last year):

bridport_pouncer

Paul Bacon

Divinity

goon

Jose 9 Reyes

Matt Cavanagh

The Guvnor

Stephen Wilson

Mr Wallin

Ter

Rekwob Toille

xnellyrx

SLO_Fila

gamesrater

RedBlood

artest

Jongi

Paris Hilton's Lover

SarfLondonSpur

michaelfoster

Ratinho

sebsy

Insanemadman

Bombonera is of course the guy who posted a list of OTF users and then disappeared, leading a lot of people to think it was some kind of kill list. Not long after that, some famous Americans had bombs delivered to them.... interesting.

A stay of execution on this question and one point to @Confused Clarity, @sebsy, @Scott1892, @mark1985, @Semi Skilled Milk and @DB08

On my hitlist now is @toon_84, with his saddening answer of "how do you remove a buttplug" :( 

QUESTION 7: I have already told you the answer to this question, what is it?

It's my yearly cryptic question which ****s everyone off, hooray! But this one couldn't have been easier - I literally told you in the most explicit terms what the answer was.... buried in the day thread in mid-October.

On 16/10/2018 at 09:34, Wigmore said:

Good morning. The answer to question 7 of the October section on this year's OTF Big Fat Quiz of the Year is "gonads".

That will be all.

It was gonads! I told you, see! Guys, it's a legitimate question OK!!!!

Top knowledge from @Scott1892 here who was the only one to get this right. The rest of you didn't have a clue. Bad vibes to @Deisler26 also who went for "a shambles" :'(

QUESTION 8: For another FIVE points(!!!), can you name 5 sporting venues that OTFers offered in a discussion about what the most iconic sporting venues in the world are?

Get ready for some serious pointage guys. This was not only a mega 5 pointer, it was a mega easy one too.

You could've had any of the names on this list!

Here's the thread!

Here's the pointage!

5 points: @Confused Clarity, @sebsy, @grff, @mark1985, @Sons FC, @toon_84, @dafuge, @DB08, @The_jagster, @georginho_juventusygr

4 points: @Scott1892, @Semi Skilled Milk, @bestbrother

3 points: @Deisler26, @Bliss Seeker

Everyone's a winner! Happy Christmas!

QUESTION 9: The finale of what TV show was described by various OTFers as "explosive telly", "just brilliant" and "best TV since Breaking Bad"? 

Anyone dissing the show that is the answer to this question will be exterminated. It was the best TV show of the year by a very long way and I won't hear a word against it.

On 25/09/2018 at 09:20, pearcey_90 said:

The Circle is a new ‘reality’ TV game show that has just started on C4 last week. The premise of the show is based on social media and you don’t meet the people but just their profiles. Which means you can either be yourself, or make someone up and pretend to be someone else in order to be popular (most popular person end of show wins £50k).

On 08/10/2018 at 23:12, Confused Clarity said:

Hahahaha, this is brilliant. Just brilliant.

On 08/10/2018 at 23:13, Bliss Seeker said:

Best TV since breaking bad. 

****. Me. That was brilliant from start to finish 🤣

It was of course The Circle, which was absolutely gripping TV, including the likes of a man pretending to be a woman talking to her girly friends about going on a date with a man who thought she was a woman.

Only @bestbrother and @Bliss Seeker got this right!

Bad luck to @Confused Clarity - the question used a quote from him and he still didn't get it right, whoops!

QUESTION 10: Nobby_McDonald told us in October that he avoids eating out anywhere that does what?

Did you know that Chris Smalling now lives a vegan lifestyle? I once had a triple whopper with him on a school trip to EuroDisney. He's changed, man.

On with the quiz.

On 08/10/2018 at 21:55, Nobby_McDonald said:

I never eat anywhere that puts a compulsory service charge on if I can help it.

Old Nobby, for better or worse, won't eat anywhere that adds a compulsory service charge! Power to the people my friend!

A huge tip to @Confused Clarity, @sebsy, @dafuge and @The_jagster who got a point here.

@Deisler26 thought he wouldn't eat anywhere that consider Port Vale a good team, which may or may not be true but is not the answer I was looking for.

And just like that, October is over! Leaderboards incoming!

LEADERBOARD AFTER OCTOBER:

U6nxB7j.png

Still only one solitary point separates @sebsy and @Confused Clarity, with just two rounds to go!

@Bliss Seeker will be disappointed that his drunkenness has lead to him falling a few places down in the chasing pack.

I'm hitting you with the November questions in a sec, bruv.

We're onto the penultimate round of the Big Fat Quiz, and emotions are surely running high as the end of another year approaches. These November questions only happened a little while ago, so you've got a chance of some megapoints and maybe, just maybe, to make a late surge for the coveted title.

Round 11 - NOVEMBER

1. What did @Shortie suggest @Paul Bacon's name should be changed to in November? CLUE: It is a lawyer's name

2. In November, what type of thread was started that is normally closed did moderator @ham_aka_stam decide not to close because people were being nice?

3. @PMLF posted a video of police in November stopping a 5 seater car in the Dominican Republic because it was overcrowded. For THREE points, how many people were seen getting out of the car in the video? One point if you're 1 out!

4. New poster @RodolfDRanger224 started a thread which contained only one sentence in November, which was a massive spoiler for which TV show?

5. What forum quirk, seemingly specific to browsing on mobile, did @Bigwig describe as "annoying" in November?

6. @Citizen Kane wanted this picture photoshopped in November to instead read the name of his Sunday League team. What is the name of his Sunday League team?

gyeongnam.thumb.png.68c8e74e628af48c47f5153ab2a9386c.png

7. In November, a recently deceased man was described on OTF as an "idiot", "moron" and "arsehole". Why?

8. @Klimowicz showed us a video in November of an estate agent in a predicament. For one point, what was the nature of the predicament, and for another point, exactly where was she when this happened (detail needed)?

9. In November, there was an OTF thread about an event which, in the end, only narrowly avoided Armageddon. What am I talking about?

10. What was @gechal talking about in November when he said "and you thought it was just the food that was ****"?

We're having a bit of a quicky here, your deadline for the November round is 9pm on Saturday 29 December. Best of luck!

Edited by Wigmore

I haven't visited the day thread since someone was talking about a new table tennis bat. Not for me.

I had never come across that Shetland story either, think I'm keeping pace in the non-cheater leaderboard. On which note...

IMG_20170702_120325980.jpg

Edited by The_jagster

Couldn't work out how I only scored 4 points on the iconic sporting venues question. Looked back at my answers and realised I wrote Wimbledon twice. :D :(

There's no chance I can stay at the top of the non-cheaters group based on the November questions and my inability to type my answers properly.

1 minute ago, toon_84 said:

I haven't got a clue to any of the answers for November so I might have to give this one a miss :(

Imagine how annoyed sebsy would be if you guessed your way to 100% though.

14 minutes ago, Semi Skilled Milk said:

Couldn't work out how I only scored 4 points on the iconic sporting venues question. Looked back at my answers and realised I wrote Wimbledon twice. :D :(

There's no chance I can stay at the top of the non-cheaters group based on the November questions and my inability to type my answers properly.

Don't worry I don't think I know any off the top of my head either.

1 hour ago, toon_84 said:

Either Scott has cheated or he has had a post-it-note with gonads written on it stuck on his monitor for 2 months

I almost wrote it down, just remember seeing it in the Day thread.

1 hour ago, Wigmore said:

QUESTION 10: Nobby_McDonald told us in October that he avoids eating out anywhere that does what?

Did you know that Chris Smalling now lives a vegan lifestyle? I once had a triple whopper with him on a school trip to EuroDisney. He's changed, man.

On with the quiz.

Old Nobby, for better or worse, won't eat anywhere that adds a compulsory service charge! Power to the people my friend!

A huge tip to @Confused Clarity, @sebsy, @dafuge and @The_jagster who got a point here.

@Deisler26 thought he wouldn't eat anywhere that consider Port Vale a good team, which may or may not be true but is not the answer I was looking for.

And just like that, October is over! Leaderboards incoming!

Damn right. If I know they put a compulsory service charge on then I won't eat there. If I find out after I've eaten then I won't go again. It's my choice whether to tip or not, not theirs.

And I've eaten at Vale Park, my wife's work Christmas party last year. They did a delightful cheesecake and we had a good night. It's still a **** hole though.

12 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Damn right. If I know they put a compulsory service charge on then I won't eat there. If I find out after I've eaten then I won't go again. It's my choice whether to tip or not, not theirs.

And I've eaten at Vale Park, my wife's work Christmas party last year. They did a delightful cheesecake and we had a good night. It's still a **** hole though.

No service charge is compulsory in the UK.

On 28/12/2018 at 05:50, Ackter said:

Can round 12 have some questions I can answer in it, please?

Is that why you've been posting 5 **** threads a day recently :D 

My OTF usage has been way down this year, only mentioned in one question and it was actually Mrs Gizzy. Don't remember most of the question's threads either,

I've only posted 1 thread in OTF this year..... 

https://community.sigames.com/topic/436250-monday-fun/

@Wigmore Did you consider this for a question? 

NON-CHEATERS LEADERBOARD

Sorry for the delay, been a little busy. 

With 2 rounds to go, **** me this is tight at the top. I've naturally added my 3 handicap points for being drunk when submitting answers, which means I'm tied with @Semi Skilled Milk at the top, @The_jagsteronly one point behind and @Sons FC and @toon_84 and @grff all with a chance of securing the coveted trophy for those who chose to play this once a year event in the most ethical, honest and gentlemenly way possible way. 

Nothing against those leading the Cheaters table. 

Temptation is a wicked wicked thing. 

20181229_122222.thumb.png.d4d8bd0dc289be44bafa28e3e84ae52f.png

Edited by Bliss Seeker