Cloud saves

I have moved from laptop gaming to pc,i have a single player and an online save that i have saved to the cloud,they just wont show up on my pc,ive left it 20 mins before shutting laptop down after saving as has been suggested but still just wont show up on pc?

I'm having the same issue constantly, my save files from the PC are showing up on the laptop but files started on the laptop do not show up on the PC.
I've left my laptop alone on the Steam client staring at "Syncing... 0% (0mb/s)" next to the game title for a good 10-15 mins with no indication whatsoever that anything is happening at all, before it disappears. Then I load up Steam on the PC, load up FM and hey presto... the games aren't there. The whole thing is pretty shambolic, there's no way to actually ask Steam to download save files from the cloud, or any indication whatsoever that it attempts to do so. All we ever see is the ever-vague "Syncing... 0%  (0mb/s)" which is about as informative as Theresa May on Brexit.

Update: After half an hour of swearing and getting frustrated, I've just started the save again from scratch on the PC. Thankfully I was only 2-3 games and 2-3 transfers into it.

Edited by BanOly

Im having trouble with the cloud saves.For the 2 above posts you have to wait for the snyc to finish before the game is sent to cloud,on my pc this can take an hour but on a laptop with a different internet provider it only takes 5 to 10 minutes.when the game title turns white after being blue under sync then the files have been sent.

For a week I was unable to send the files from my home pc to a laptop and now have the opposite problem for 2 weeks that I cant send from laptop to home pc,all this despite the sync going through.

Sorry this is a really basic question but I haven't played FM for years prior to 19, where can you check to make sure the sync has completed/progress of the syncing? On steam I cannot see any indication that the sync has completed, I just save it and once the game completes the save turn the laptop off. Getting slightly concerned as my laptop is being replaced in the next week or two.

I've had this problem as well with cloud saves, so what I do is that after i turn off the game I open the Task manager and sort it by network use. Steam should, or will shortly, be at the top I.e. has the most network use. That is when it is syncing. 
I then leave my laptop on until Steam is no longer using the network, I.e. the syncing is complete.

Edited by Matiii89

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 08:37, JD23 said:

Sorry this is a really basic question but I haven't played FM for years prior to 19, where can you check to make sure the sync has completed/progress of the syncing? On steam I cannot see any indication that the sync has completed, I just save it and once the game completes the save turn the laptop off. Getting slightly concerned as my laptop is being replaced in the next week or two.

Make sure when you save the game you go to the cloud save,as opposed to the local save, then once its saved a message will come up with game has saved successfully to cloud and will upload to cloud once you exit the game.So exit game and then go to steam where your games are listed.Football manager should then turn blue with sync next to it,do not turn the pc off until football manager has finished syncing and turned white,otherwise it wont save to cloud.

By the way as my previous post above states,while the game is uploading to the cloud it can take a while,anything from 5 to 10 mins upto an hour.

Edited by oxford83

6 hours ago, oxford83 said:

Make sure when you save the game you go to the cloud save,as opposed to the local save, then once its saved a message will come up with game has saved successfully to cloud and will upload to cloud once you exit the game.So exit game and then go to steam where your games are listed.Football manager should then turn blue with sync next to it,do not turn the pc off until football manager has finished syncing and turned white,otherwise it wont save to cloud.

By the way as my previous post above states,while the game is uploading to the cloud it can take a while,anything from 5 to 10 mins upto an hour.

Thanks for above info.. I am just going to save to memory stick as when I save on cloud none of the above seems to occur, no specific notification occurs and on steam FM shows exactly the same as after a local save.

Edited by JD23

I've had a problem with my cloud save as well. I'm currently on vacation and was looking forward to play my career when i get the chance. But when i launch the steam on my laptop and Run Football Manager 2019, it says "Steam was unable to sync the files for Football Manager" and sometimes i get the sync could screen to download the files from cloud, but when i click "Download To this Machine" it just waits and no updates on the game. After running it, nothing shows up on my cloud list when i tried to load the game, even though i'm sure it was synced on my desktop. I also tried using a 3rd party tool called "Steam Cloud File Manager" when i type in the FM's Steam ID it shows that 300Mbs of the storage were used but no files show up in there as well. I think it's rather a problem caused by steam's cloud servers rather than SI's. Not sure. Any help or advice would be appreciated though. Before anyone mentions it, i've tried the solution about disabling/uninstalling anti-virus, since that was mentioned as a possible fix on the "help" page.

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 15:51, JD23 said:

Thanks for above info.. I am just going to save to memory stick as when I save on cloud none of the above seems to occur, no specific notification occurs and on steam FM shows exactly the same as after a local save.

When you go to save game choose the option "save game as" not just save game.if you choose save game it will just save it to the already selected save type,local or cloud.By choosing "save game as"the screen appears with a box,one side is local saves the other side is cloud saves.At this point I always save the game first to local saves,then once its saved, save straight away to cloud saves.once you do the cloud save the process which I mentioned in the above post will happen.

• 2 years later...