Sports Interactive Community
haffaz77

Pass Completion too high

I think the short passing and accuracy has to be lowered .

Here an Example from a Sim (AI-AI match)

b3e1deeab242c38e484c644ee7a6236c.png

87% and 90% is ridiculous for those 2 Teams. I guess it has smth to do with the gegenpress or pressing in general . it looks less aggressive than before v1918 .  The Gameplay looks really nice at times , but the result should not be that every team has 80+ pass completion .

vor 39 Minuten schrieb Mitja:

it could be a couple of % too high but it also could easily happen. one game proves nothing. 

I could post hundreds of screenshots . And i'm not the only one saying that . 

314b84cf3a07ec90a0ccf88c32be559d.png

Happened in almost every game of barca . opponent having more passes and an unusual high completion . U can not tell me that is not an issue . It has to do smth with the short passing in the new ME v1819 . All teams became passing monsters .

Edited by haffaz77

remember what happened when we claimed the same last time? the real reasons why something is wrong are imprtant here, i think there's a lot of potential in improving both defensive and attacking phase of ME and i hopefully it will be fine tuned so that different playing styles will reflect real football more and player qulity will make more difference too. then all other aspects will fall into place.

Edited by Mitja

In my savegames it seems that all teams have more or less the same pass completion, regardless og league, quality of players etc. While in real life it usually differs from 88-90% for the best teams to 60-65% for the lesser teams, they are all between a range of 4-5% in my savegames. 

This just cant be right.

fm20193.png

fm20192.png

fm20191.png

vor 43 Minuten schrieb DiasV:

In my savegames it seems that all teams have more or less the same pass completion, regardless og league, quality of players etc. While in real life it usually differs from 88-90% for the best teams to 60-65% for the lesser teams, they are all between a range of 4-5% in my savegames. 

This just cant be right.

fm20193.png

fm20192.png

fm20191.png

Exactly the same here. And i bet on every Save since the last ME v1919 Update. I like how they play tbh . but bad teams playing short passing football like barca at times .

12 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

bad teams playing short passing football like barca at times .

defensive or lower mentality issue. 

13 hours ago, DiasV said:

it seems that all teams have more or less the same pass completion, regardless og league, quality of players etc. While in real life it usually differs from 88-90% for the best teams to 60-65% for the lesser teams

Your numbers seem a little off, as for real world data, but there is definitely something here. Specifically the Pass Completion for the better teams is way, way low. This is an analysis, with included links to full real world data from whoscored.com linked.

Note: I'll ignore Barca in all data, who are 2% higher in FM and real life, and are thus a distracting abberation.

Premiership 2015-2016 Season:

Pass Completion: Top 84% (Arsenal), Bottom 70% (West Brom)

La Liga 2013-2014 Season:

Pass Completion: Top 86% (Real Madrid), Bottom 68% (Levante)

Serie A 2014-2015 Season:

Pass Completion: Top 85% (Roma), Bottom 72.5% (Chievo)

So, the real world high Pass Completion % should be mid 80's (84-86%). With the low being 70%, give or take a couple of percentage points.

As you'll see from what follows, the FM numbers are way off. My save, has 18 matches in leagues that are playable but that I am not in (and is working off the beta) come out as

Premier League Pass Completion: Top 76%, 71% Bottom.

Spain: 76% 2nd (Barca being 78%), 71% Bottom.

Italy: 76% Top, 71% Bottom.

These are massively consistent FM numbers - the high from all three FM seasons is 76% - gathered over half a season in the latest beta (in leagues I was running as Playable, but wasn't in). They are also entirely consistent with DiasV's FM numbers.

From the above, the bottom figures of Pass Completion % are bang on for FM to real life. It should be around 70%, and it is.

There is however a major problem at the top end.

The top teams instead of mid 70's should be 10% higher, in the mid 80's.

My saves have a high of 76%; that would rank

13th for the La Liga season.

15th for the real life Premier League season.

And a staggering 17th for the Serie A season.

I think theses are quite damning numbers. The top teams should be almost a full 10 points higher at 85%.

Conclusion/tl;dr: The Pass Completion % is egregiously wrong at the top end, being around 10% too low.

Simply put: they are simply not playing possession football at the top of the table...

11 hours ago, JohnShaft said:

Your numbers seem a little off, as for real world data, but there is definitely something here. Specifically the Pass Completion for the better teams is way, way low. This is an analysis, with included links to full real world data from whoscored.com linked.

Note: I'll ignore Barca in all data, who are 2% higher in FM and real life, and are thus a distracting abberation.

Premiership 2015-2016 Season:

Pass Completion: Top 84% (Arsenal), Bottom 70% (West Brom)

La Liga 2013-2014 Season:

Pass Completion: Top 86% (Real Madrid), Bottom 68% (Levante)

Serie A 2014-2015 Season:

Pass Completion: Top 85% (Roma), Bottom 72.5% (Chievo)

So, the real world high Pass Completion % should be mid 80's (84-86%). With the low being 70%, give or take a couple of percentage points.

I just looked at this years stats and so far this season you have Cardiff 64% and Getafe 65%, so even though it was a bit higher last year, it should also be possible for teams being in their 60s....Getafe was at 65,9% last season too.

But when it comes to high percentage the best teams are close to 90% both last year and this year. This season you have City: 89,5 and Chelsea 88,5%, in Italy you find Napoli and Juventus at 87,7 (Juventus 88,8% last season), in Spain you have Barcelona 88,8, Real Madrid 88,7 and Real Betis at 87,8%....so the best teams should at least be at 87-89% at average...and the low between 65-72...with most of the direct teams at around 70%.

As you write, the big flaw is that all teams have more or less the same. Cant understand that no one within FM has noticed this.

15 minutes ago, DiasV said:

...so the best teams should at least be at 87-89% at average...and the low between 65-72...with most of the direct teams at around 70%.

direct teams won't be direct on lower mentalities and attacking mentalities won't produce that passing % because of it's impatient and direct nature currently.