Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Saikouro

Too many wonderkids

Recommended Posts

So I'm in 2025 and almost every goddamn teenager from South America my scouts find is a wonderkid. Why is the game generating so many? 

Being a wonderkid should mean something and be very rare, like 1-2 a year.  Now I barely look at them and some are only decent at best according to my scouts! (I know it's relative to your current squad but still)

Anybody else feel the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you say, it's related to the average level of your team, the level of your scouts and finally, it's subjective.

To know that a player who potentially displays 5 stars can finally finish with 3 on the progression of his career.

Nothing is engraved in the marble and the potential can never be reached (personality, natural progression, trainings, matchs and other injuries).

In short, there is no guarantee that this is a real wonder player in the long run.

Craft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just a description, A lot of them don't make it to the top level. Look how may players we have hyped as the next 'x' and they just fade away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's just a description but comparing it to how many wonderkids are at the start of the game to about 10 years into the future it feels a little unbalanced even though as you both say, they might not even reach world-class level. 

I just feel that it should be a little more rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Saikouro said:

I know it's just a description but comparing it to how many wonderkids are at the start of the game to about 10 years into the future it feels a little unbalanced even though as you both say, they might not even reach world-class level. 

I just feel that it should be a little more rare.

Look at the player. His attributes. Whether he fits in to your tactic. His personality. His injury history. Your budget.

Then YOU decide whether he's the next big thing to deserve such a media one word description so worth a punt on.

That's the point of the game. You're the manager.

Don't be blinded in to thinking 100 wonderkids are actually wonderkids for you just because a 3rd party tells you he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i know from your point of view is it seems a lot  but in reality not many of then will have the workrate/det/hidden attributes to actually make it so don't worry about this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonderkid is not necessarily potentially world-class player. It's a player who developed faster than others of his age. He may stop at this level. I have an example in my team: wonderkid, wonderkid, good player for most premier league sides...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Domathon said:

i know from your point of view is it seems a lot  but in reality not many of then will have the workrate/det/hidden attributes to actually make it so don't worry about this

 

I know this. My point is the media shouldn't make these assumptions and dub everyone wonderkids when they apparently are not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless I've been assuming incorrectly for years, a wonderkid is just a young player with higher than normal CA for somebody of his age. It doesn't determine his future growth. It makes sense that Brazil will have a lot of these compared to the rest of the world because they produce better players than most countries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Saikouro said:

 

I know this. My point is the media shouldn't make these assumptions and dub everyone wonderkids when they apparently are not. 

The same could be said in real life though. British media especially love to build up England's next saviour!! :D The list is long in the past 20-30 years!! Only to say later could have/should have/would have.

You decide whether they are worthy or not. That is the game.

Edited by Jibby123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you should drop it... you are correct. 

I'm also in very advanced stages of the game and can confirm the amount of world-class players are silly.. even the bottom table teams have a few of them. I'm not talking about ''wonderkids'' at poor teams, I mean singings of a 23 year old world class player. 

It seems like the standard of footballers in terms of attributes are very high vs real players.

Edited by THEMOUSTACHE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, THEMOUSTACHE said:

I don't think you should drop it... you are correct. 

I'm also in very advanced stages of the game and can confirm the amount of world-class players are silly.. even the bottom table teams have a few of them. I'm not talking about ''wonderkids'' at poor teams, I mean singings of a 23 year old world class player. 

It seems like the standard of footballers in terms of attributes are very high vs real players.

yes, check my tread about the issue (Newgens (CA/PA spoilers without names)).

A lot of high CA players, "clones" with almost the same attributes. 


First i showed a bad example with an unusual db setup and everyone said it was because of the setup.

Then i did a new simulation with a "standard" db setup and the same thing happened and no responses 

o.png.3d50ce83846f0db56d38c9ddc557641c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, niklas88 said:

yes, check my tread about the issue (Newgens (CA/PA spoilers without names)).

A lot of high CA players, "clones" with almost the same attributes. 


First i showed a bad example with an unusual db setup and everyone said it was because of the setup.

Then i did a new simulation with a "standard" db setup and the same thing happened and no responses 

o.png.3d50ce83846f0db56d38c9ddc557641c.png

If you want something reviewed - post it in the bugs forum. :thup:

Seb mentioned that CA is the important thing to look at. You did. You found it to be off. So post it as in issue to be looked at, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You see of a lot this in paradox games and forums (min/max division templates in their case) where gamers are trying to "beat" the game.

Can you not just play the game?

I think CA/PA awareness can do more harm than good. I've seen super players attributes and ass man/scout recommendations saying how great they are bomb for loads of squads over the years.....and have taken League 1 bought players to European finals with on paper below average attributes yet perform week in and week out.

That's the way it should be. That's football. SI have got this part right imvho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/11/2018 at 10:16, Saikouro said:

Fair enough, I'll drop this and get on with my football. 

Do you feel this latest chat has gone pretty well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...