1dm2dm NO DM a Toffee tour.

toffee71

As topic suggests this will be about my beloved Toffees, or Everton Football Club, whichever you prefer. As I have been working on my tactics since the beta release mid October have finally settled on some which I am enjoying watching and getting useful results, and they don't include any players in the DM position, but holders in the midfield instead, which gives me a nice and balanced 433 of which I use 2, one with 1 support role and one with 2 support roles, my third tactic is a 4231. In this thread I want to see if I can win league and cups including Europe without the need of a DM, as any Evertonian who has watched us over the last couple of seasons(not counting this season) is sick of seeing 2 DM's at home to Fulham/Cardiff or whoever, no disrespect to Cardiff/Fulham fans, but no team should play 2 DM's at home unless you're expecting a hiding. I do play with and tweak training quite a bit but I won't go into that too much in this topic, as for the first season I'm only really going to be adding some keeper and set piece trainig unless I feel something really needs working on.

Here are the tactics

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ee459b3aad03c3295be7fd3b1cf62e18.png433 with 2 support roles, attacking RB and attacking playmaker on left wing, this is primarily for home games.

image.thumb.png.82db591d1f7f86b442ed3ff2725a5f54.png433 with 1 support role, both full backs on attack, with the 2 holding in midfield works well, primarily away games and against the big boys.

image.thumb.png.3091f67fe3605fa8eeeb5f2441e12921.png4231 only attacking roles the 2 wingers, this I only use if can't break a team down and want to draw them out of their defensive shell.

You may notice all 3 formations have attacking mentality, they do but when watching games none are all out attack, and I think some instructions counter the attacking mentality.

The squad

Spoiler

Fortunately have added 4 freebies to the squad at close of transfer window (GK-Ionut Rus, CM-Gianluca Gaudino, W-Bilal, ST- Kaylen Hinds) because of the amount of injuries I have endured during pre-season and early games, lists include some U23 players

GK:- Jordan Pickford, Martin Stekelenberg, Joao Virginia, Ionut Rus

RB:- Seamus Coleman, Jonjoe Kenny, Mason Holgate

LB:- Lucas Digne, Leighton Baines, Lewis Gibson

CB:- Yerry Mina, Michael Keane, Kurt Zouma, Mason Holgate, Phil Jagielka, Brendan Galloway

CM's:--BWM Idrissa Gueye, Morgan Schneiderlin, Jimmy Mac

DLP/BBM/MEZ Andre Gomes, Tom Davies, Morgan Scneiderlin, Jimmy Mac, Gianluca Gaudino, plus at a push Gylfi at DLP

AML:- AP Gylfi Siggurdsson, Kieren Dowell, Ademola Lookman, Bernard, Richarlison

AMR:- Richarlison, Theo Walcott, Ademola Lookman, Bernard, at a push DCL

STR:- Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Cenk Tosun, Oumar Niasse, Kaylen Hinds, Theo Walcott, Richarlison

Plenty of options to account for injuries/suspensions/bad form, and slighly different players for each position.

Due to how much Kurt Zouma costs to buy, he will only be 3rd choice CB, as I want Keane and Mina (beast from setpieces) to build partnership, I know this is counter intuitive as Zouma is arguably the best CB at my disposal, but I only see him as short term.

Medical Centre as of 7 Oct 2018

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.281e6e566f55df69a324fcfd91f14eb7.png

image.thumb.png.ee4ce0ce3274b6a2658752a55212d9d7.png

As you can see it's been a harsh start, no Tosun until at least New Year, and few players with multiple injuries, some of this is down to how I train and some is just bad luck.

Pre-season went well, only game I didn't win was against AEK and I used the 4231 against them and they didn't bite.

image.thumb.png.de655ce17dee183169db0de7e58794ba.png

And season has started very well overall, lost at Utd opening day and lost at home to Chelsea, in a tight match, Iddi Gueye getting sent off didn't help, but promising signs for rest of season, great cup tie against Arsenal in EFL Cup 3rd round twice coming from behind, Kieren Dowell scored a cracking freekick to force penalties.

image.thumb.png.babad03ca0e0ec800882aeba607c6073.png

So after 8 league games this is the table

image.thumb.png.5929319a823e2e0bb8c8b3ed6a4121cf.png

I'm very happy with the start, already confident of CL qualification, and planning ahead, De Ligt has signed a new contract with a minimum release of £28.5m, so may try to get him in ready for next season, as past experience tells me that the £80m-£120m Chelsea want for Kurt Zouma is not something I'm prepared to pay, will also try to buy Gomes as can usually get him for between £20m-£40m and , £120,000 p/w wages, apart from that will only be loaning out players and getting rid of dead wood most of which is already out on loan.

Archived