Sports Interactive Community
JD23

Cloud storage reliability?

Hi all,

I've not used or needed to test the cloud storage feature before having only played on one laptop however my laptop is having to be replaced.. I have no reason to question the cloud saves reliability just slightly concerned having spend soo many hours on a save. Any noticeable issues?

Is it possible to save my game onto a memory stick to be covered? If so how would I go about this as in what folders to save.. I'm really not great with computers so as much info would be really appreciated.

Thanks

I have been using cloud save for a few editions now, helps me continue the save at home and at work as well! :P

Just make sure the steam finishes syncing the saves after you finish a session before you shut down your PC/laptop. 

Your saves are most likely in this folder: C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\games

If you copy everything from the "Football Manager 2019" folder it will include saved tactics and set piece set ups etc. 

There is no reason to doubt the reliability of the cloud storage, but I would always suggest that you also have another backup saved onto a flash drive or external hard drive as a fallback save.

Don't use it. Here's what you do, save the game to folder in your dropbox instead. The steam cloud is so unreliable I've had a few saves getting corrupt and also perhaps the most important thing; it's slooooow

Trust me.

22 hours ago, Liquid Cool said:

Your saves are most likely in this folder: C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\games

If you copy everything from the "Football Manager 2019" folder it will include saved tactics and set piece set ups etc. 

I regularly copy the “Football Manager 2019” directory to a USB flash drive so that I can move my current game between my desktop and laptop at will.

I find the save saves reliably but the syncing to different laptops is so poor. It's almost pot luck if you get your files properly synced on the other devices. Quite frustrating if you switch laptops regularly. The dropbox idea someone has suggested I suspect would work better. Either that or there is something I'm doing wrong with the cloud saving.