Sports Interactive Community
actic

[FM19][MOD] Better Regen Face FM19 Mod

Looks interesting.  Still shows as an incomplete upload for me.  Looking forward to giving it a try.

I overwrote the sifacegen file, and it hasn't worked and now I can't get the old faces back. Could you please look into this?

Do you have the original face pack?

1 hour ago, gholliday87 said:

I overwrote the sifacegen file, and it hasn't worked and now I can't get the old faces back. Could you please look into this?

Do you have the original face pack?

You should be able to restore everything to default using 'verify integrity of game files' option on steam. I'd upload the original file for you but it's 470 mb well over max size allowed here.

It works for me, I think there was some miscommunication in first post about which files to copy/replace, anyway an interesting mod with subtle but nice changes :thup:

Do you know if it'll be possible to add more hairstyles in the future?

1 hour ago, xtsh said:

This has been covered so many times if you search. The last couple of releases have made it almost impossible to edit the hairstyles as was previously done.

3 hours ago, xtsh said:

I have seen a picture someone opened FM18 hair in blender...but I don't think they are editable. I wanted to try, though.

SI should add better looking hairstyles with patch.  This issue is their negligence obviously. The graphics of Regens are totally terrible for recent years.

Edited by actic

7 hours ago, steveyisatard said:

This has been covered so many times if you search. The last couple of releases have made it almost impossible to edit the hairstyles as was previously done.

Oh I know it's almost impossible. But I also thought even the small editing done here was impossible as well, so I thought i'd ask.

20 minutes ago, xtsh said:

Oh I know it's almost impossible. But I also thought even the small editing done here was impossible as well, so I thought i'd ask.

Here we go. Now I say...yes, it is possible to refine / replace the default hairstyles. (I am just testing... )

There is a limit because existing hairstyles are 53 and no idea to add more than that.

ss2018-11-30 (3).jpg

ss2018-11-30 (2).jpg

Edited by actic

excellent job man so far alrdy.. thank you ;)

Question.. is it possible for you to link the shirt they got on to club colors?

Edited by Remez

Great news about the hairstyles. Looking forward to the next update!

Thank you for giving us hope regarding this regen issues.

There are some constraints to edit hairstyles.

The file size should be close to the original, otherwise it won't be displayed. Complex remodeling is impossible.

Also the textures for each hairstyle are not editable.

If I change too much it's gonna be messy especially for manager's appearance. (coz we can rotate)

Well, think I can refine them just as like PS2 PES's graphic.

sam.jpg

Is it possible to mess with eye colour in these files?

Once again, I see that there's a lot of blue eyes going around. Looks pretty silly.

Just wanted to say that this mod is phenomenal, the regens look much much better, thank you!
Will there be any new updates to this mod?

Like this a lot, it's not a massive change it's quite subtle and keeps true to the original style, but improves on it infinitely, glad my star 17 year old now doesn't look like he's had some horrible accident.

Massive thing for me and this sounds really sad but the eyebrows don't just look like stapled-on bits of card! Top work pal.

You are an absolute hero, as the person above has said the subtle change with just the eyebrows alone make such a massive difference.

I now wish I had the tools and the effort to modify the thousands of real players faces, to create their regen face equivalent, so that there isn't a massive difference between real and regen players. I imagine 10 years+ into the game when every player is a regen this will be so nice but right now its that little thing that still bugs me.

tDYiFOa.jpg

I reckon if I did this for every player I am likely to encounter I could be done by 2030 (and official FM player faces would still look plastic)

On 01/12/2018 at 07:43, Khalev said:

I really dont get SI. They know there have been hairpacks in the past to improve the game, and they were very popular. And what do they do? They make it harder for the modders ... :idiot:

Exactly! Why can't just one person of SI understand this :(