[FM19 - 19.3 - 433] Guru's Lightning Bolt

INTRODUCTION

1ED7iJR.png

Firstly, you should know that even if the tactic was tested with decent success on lesser & bigger teams, it might not work with yours depending on the players you have as it revolves strongly on the 2 Volante in the midfield. If you do, however, have all the players fitting the roles, then by all means, enjoy the show 😊
Also, you may notice some similarities with one of Knap’s tactics. I was already working, on streams, on this tactic for quite some time when Knap’s one came out, but since we went for the same formation, I looked into it & used some parts to complete my own (Mostly the Anchor role & the overlaps instructions).

TACTIC PRESENTATION

zFJ1WdT.png

If your playstyle is about patience, slow build-up, long periods of possession before attempting a shot, this tactic isn’t for you :p
As its name suggests, Lightning Bolt is a fast paced formation that gladly gives away the possession & a huge part of the pitch in order to make an even better use of it once your players get the ball back.

What to expect ? Anyone can give an assist at any point in time. The poacher makes deep runs often, & thanks to the pressing line not too high, he has the space to do so, allowing your central defenders & defensive midfields to attempt long passes behind the opposition.

A pretty big part of your plays will happen on the wings, you will notice a soft spot in play between your Winger, WingBack & Volante, that often play in a short triangle in order to get rid of the opposition and make enough space for one of them to make a run for it.

Your Volante can even break through the center with the ball should the need arise. All in all, the danger can come from anybody anywhere on the pitch, the more you’ll have quality players, the more you’ll notice this. Note however than the tactic still works very well with minor sides, as you’ll be able to see, I’ve managed to win the EPL + the FA Cup & go out in the final of the Carabao cup with Fulham first season without touching the mercato 😉

You can allow yourself to be on your backfoot thanks to the 3 defensive midfield (even though two of these are attacking volante). That gives your team a natural low defensive block in the middle of the field hindering the opposition possession, forcing them into awkward positions, taking long shots or just losing the ball, and before they know it, it’s in the back of their net :D

There are no OIs involved (I don't use them, but of course, feel free to do so ;))

PLAYERS

Most of the player profiles to look for are pretty standard. There are a few things you should look for however.

Wing backs : Your wing backs have an offensive role and will go up the pitch, therefor, a decent technique will be a plus, but you should still prefer someone able to defend. The key attribute is the ability to cross obviously 😊

Wingers : The only thing to note for wingers is that it’s alright to have a left footed player on the right wing. More often than not, if it’s their natural position, they will perform better that way.

Striker : It’s always better to have someone that knows how to run, good speed is appreciated, but his Off the Ball abilities will make him shine. Bonus if he’s decent in the airs.

Volante : The trickiest for the end. You can actually play various types of players as Volante, more physique oriented ones, or more technical players, or even more defensive. There are a few key attributes in my opinion to make it work in this tactic. The two most important to me are Work Rate & Tackling. If a decent 12+ Tackling will do, you might wanna look for 15+ Work Rate. After that, obviously, stamina is a big part of the player & his passing, vision will have a lot to do with his performances.  Bonus if he’s good at long shots.

RESULTS

Every screenshot has been made on the first season with no transfers involved (Liverpool & Juventus was on the same save).

PGSwjGi.png
gHazQEF.png
Z1o4NjJ.png
CO3UKW5.png
wKWFwA3.png

You can find it on the workshop at : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1571663496

Guru's Lightning Bolt (19.3).fmf

Edited by Drugenjunky

32 minutes ago, Drugenjunky said:

INTRODUCTION

1ED7iJR.png

Firstly, you should know that even if the tactic was tested with decent success on lesser & bigger teams, it might not work with yours depending on the players you have as it revolves strongly on the 2 Volante in the midfield. If you do, however, have all the players fitting the roles, then by all means, enjoy the show 😊
Also, you may notice some similarities with one of Knap’s tactics. I was already working, on streams, on this tactic for quite some time when Knap’s one came out, but since we went for the same formation, I looked into it & used some parts to complete my own (Mostly the Anchor role & the overlaps instructions).

TACTIC PRESENTATION

1qfkxC4.png

If your playstyle is about patience, slow build-up, long periods of possession before attempting a shot, this tactic isn’t for you :p
As its name suggests, Lightning Bolt is a fast paced formation that gladly gives away the possession & a huge part of the pitch in order to make an even better use of it once your players get the ball back.

What to expect ? Anyone can give an assist at any point in time. The poacher makes deep runs often, & thanks to the pressing line not too high, he has the space to do so, allowing your central defenders & defensive midfields to attempt long passes behind the opposition.

A pretty big part of your plays will happen on the wings, you will notice a soft spot in play between your Winger, WingBack & Volante, that often play in a short triangle in order to get rid of the opposition and make enough space for one of them to make a run for it.

Your Volante can even break through the center with the ball should the need arise. All in all, the danger can come from anybody anywhere on the pitch, the more you’ll have quality players, the more you’ll notice this. Note however than the tactic still works very well with minor sides, as you’ll be able to see, I’ve managed to win the EPL + the FA Cup & go out in the final of the Carabao cup with Fulham first season without touching the mercato 😉

You can allow yourself to be on your backfoot thanks to the 3 defensive midfield (even though two of these are attacking volante). That gives your team a natural low defensive block in the middle of the field hindering the opposition possession, forcing them into awkward positions, taking long shots or just losing the ball, and before they know it, it’s in the back of their net :D

There are no OIs involved (I don't use them, but of course, feel free to do so ;))

PLAYERS

Most of the player profiles to look for are pretty standard. There are a few things you should look for however.

Wing backs : Your wing backs have an offensive role and will go up the pitch, therefor, a decent technique will be a plus, but you should still prefer someone able to defend. The key attribute is the ability to cross obviously 😊

Wingers : The only thing to note for wingers is that it’s alright to have a left footed player on the right wing. More often than not, if it’s their natural position, they will perform better that way.

Striker : It’s always better to have someone that knows how to run, good speed is appreciated, but his Off the Ball abilities will make him shine. Bonus if he’s decent in the airs.

Volante : The trickiest for the end. You can actually play various types of players as Volante, more physique oriented ones, or more technical players, or even more defensive. There are a few key attributes in my opinion to make it work in this tactic. The two most important to me are Work Rate & Tackling. If a decent 12+ Tackling will do, you might wanna look for 15+ Work Rate. After that, obviously, stamina is a big part of the player & his passing, vision will have a lot to do with his performances.  Bonus if he’s good at long shots.

RESULTS

The Fulham, Nimes & Lille seasons have been on the first season with no transfers involved.

OpbgnYU.pngb8htTRX.pnggDm4U7x.png

FrSva8n.png

You can find it on the workshop at : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1571663496

Guru's Lightning Bolt.fmf

hi, will you give the download link?

il y a 4 minutes, roggiotis a dit :

@Drugenjunky

Very interesting :applause:

Regarding Fulham , did u use Seri and Johansen as Volante ? and Anguissa as Anchorman ?

Can u post a ss squad stats end of the season ? ( appearances , goals ,assists etc ) 

Correct for the midfield :)

Here are the squad stats
960c4eab082b8f5607269f28bc7e5448.png

I hope you'll find as much success as I did :p

il y a 1 minute, roggiotis a dit :

Impressive.  You had 9/11 stable starters .

Transfers of the 2nd season ?

I haven't played a second season with Fulham, it was a one season deal to showcase the tactic :p

Fulham took a total of 67 Yellow & 4 Red cards. You can get lots of yellow in a single game, but I don't take that much red cards. It happens tho, mostly on the Volante tbh. (Johansen & Seri took 3 of the 4 mentioned :p)

Am 30.11.2018 um 10:59 schrieb mr aok:

Very good tactic indeed and joy to watch. I think I need a better otb striker though. Definitely far better and more solid than hundreds of "knaps tactics" :onmehead: Thanks. 

Bro seriously. I know this is OT but I feel there's an inflationary amount of "KNAP" stuff on the board. Makes it hard to find anything else. Isn't there a way to put all the KNAP stuff in one thread / subfolder?

On 12/12/2018 at 08:58, Drugenjunky said:

The tactic has been updated to 19.2.

I've added a 424 version of it. In both, your corner taker should always be your right volante for extra efficiency.

Whats the best version at the moment do you think? Do the strikers score most of the goals?

Il y a 14 heures, hm86 a dit :

Whats the best version at the moment do you think? Do the strikers score most of the goals?

The one that suits your team best :p if you have more forwards, 424 might be the way to go (but it takes more goals in, obviously).

il y a 56 minutes, JPChenet a dit :

How come there are Champions League results there for Fulham?

It wasn't with Fulham, I wouldn't have played them in PL then, would I ? ^^

33 minutes ago, Drugenjunky said:

The one that suits your team best :p if you have more forwards, 424 might be the way to go (but it takes more goals in, obviously).

It wasn't with Fulham, I wouldn't have played them in PL then, would I ? ^^

Confused now! Who are those impressive league and cup results with under the 'results' at the top of the post?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried alot of tactics but Guru's 4-2-4 gave me the best results. I'm just finishing a season and i'm undefeated in 30 games, i score alot, most of it from my strikers and the fans and board are loving my attacking football. Thank you for this great tactic.

I don't know if it's because I didn't have the players, but this has been a disaster for my Sheffield Wednesday team, I haven't won a game and get dominated in every one. If I'm lucky I can sometimes sneak a draw, but that's as good as it gets.

On 23/11/2018 at 20:34, Drugenjunky said:

Correct for the midfield :)

Here are the squad stats
960c4eab082b8f5607269f28bc7e5448.png

I hope you'll find as much success as I did :p

I'm about to play as Fulham in a multiplayer game (lifelong fan for my sins). Are you playing Sessegnon LB and Fosu-Mensah RB? What role is Mitrovic? 

Thanks! 

Edited by Pandajoe

19.3 - First match without tactic fluidity from my players.

Four goals and two disallowed goals as offside.

Dulwich Halmet didn't know what they hit them.
I am just arrived to Torquay (2040) to close my career, without transfers to be designed for that tactic.

Looking promising!

EDIT: I have removed "tackle harder" and "Get Stuck In" since, you know.
Having proper players at Vanarama National League South is a big ask.

dul_tor_bolt.png

Edited by Guest

• 8 months later...

It is been long time from the last answer and i dont know is will be active in this forum but i have a question here. 

What and why is this change of wingers with trequarista? I have something in my mind, so have you upload the first version of this tactic or tell me just what is change for next updates? 

The tactic is realy interesting, my team scores beautiful goals. It is a little bit shaggy in defence but still. : )

Greetings Guru!

Edited by dilmata