Worst FM Yet! Ruining my life!!

Played FM since it was created and CM before that but this is the first game to ruin my life like this one has. Last night my girlfriend came up to me and said 'you're too f**n old to be shouting at a computer screen it's pathetic'. She also said I need to give her more attention because I've spent the last week staring at my laptop.

Can someone please explain how this game got through testing without this propping up?!?! Waste of money!!

38 minutes ago, wattzy said:

Played FM since it was created and CM before that but this is the first game to ruin my life like this one has. Last night my girlfriend came up to me and said 'you're too f**n old to be shouting at a computer screen it's pathetic'. She also said I need to give her more attention because I've spent the last week staring at my laptop.

Can someone please explain how this game got through testing without this propping up?!?! Waste of money!!

You need to do this.  It's only a game.

40 minutes ago, wattzy said:

On the side note, you really should give her some time.

Or you can teach her the ways of FM. 

Or just relegate her to the U18 

43 minutes ago, wattzy said:

Post of the month. Promote your GF to DoF

vor einer Stunde schrieb pauly15:

Post of the month. Promote your GF to DoF

Please dont , that means she will interfere with all your plans , and have the final say on everything and ruin all you planned. Its basically the role a girl can show her natural talents and ruin everything.

That being said my girlfriend crushed 2, and now nearly the 3rd new laptop by "accident" this year. Cant be on purpose and she hates me staring into this box all day. I am a quiet manager though, she can eve watch some Disney films while i play , just cant take trash TV which is 90 % of TV now and sitcoms.

Imagining her being DoF  i would fist uninstall player faces because she woul buy all the players by the looks. Otherwise i dont know if she looks for Stamina, Determination or pace in a guy . :-D Maybe she is even into special traits , who knows.

On the initial topic i think Fm cant ruin your life because there bascally is no life without FM. OK maybe i could cope with playing Crusader Kings II for the rest of my life but we dont think in extremes like havinf to life in catastrophic scenarios like this.

1 hour ago, gavinski33 said:

By all means enter into discussions with her, just make sure you clarify some key promises regarding, er, positions and roles first

Promise her you will go down in the box more often.

My girlfriend, realising how helpless her cause was, asked me to teach her how to play FM.

That was the trigger for me to start looking for a suitable ring and propose. I can't loose her, ever.

4 hours ago, 99 said:

My girlfriend, realising how helpless her cause was, asked me to teach her how to play FM.

That was the trigger for me to start looking for a suitable ring and propose. I can't loose her, ever.

Go for it, just make sure she understands the date of the wedding may get moved for TV!

Do you think she has already reached her full potential? Obviously her mental skills are not good enough for a CB but you could try to re-train her as a goal-hungry poacher. Or you could just set squad status 'Not needed' and sell for a reasonable price :)

More seriously, GFs/wifes need attention. Failing to do this you might get you into troubles. I suppose I am lucky here as my wife is a gamer too and she kinda understands my ranting (not in the night time, though).

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Snorks:

Promise her you will go down in the box more often.

That made my day, haha, actually thats how i try to manage the "FM-life"-balance. And always remember guys when she fights about FM shes your worst opponent , so to keep her busy and happy its not important how much you score but that she does.

vor 54 Minuten schrieb theonets:

He better hope it's not like FM then. Imagine being told that playing 90 minutes every game is not enough game time or something

I actually agree if you dribble to much in front of the goal and dont keep your composure so you never score , and theres no clear result after 90 minutes you deserve to settle it in overtime, Just avoid any futher penalties, you dont want to shoot it out eye to eye.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb 99:

You actually just signed your resignation , as soon as the paperwork is down you will find out the wonderkid was just a scouting error and you face the real boss now. If she doesnt stop you playing FM her lawyers robbing every last penny at least will keep you from buying the next installment when she left.

7 horas atrás, GerdMuller disse:

You actually just signed your resignation , as soon as the paperwork is down you will find out the wonderkid was just a scouting error and you face the real boss now. If she doesnt stop you playing FM her lawyers robbing every last penny at least will keep you from buying the next installment when she left.

C'mon man, I had my fair share of "scouting errors" in the past, "wonderkids" that I thought that had the best potential and that were all I ever wanted, turning out to be as crap as they could be. I like to believe my eye for "attributes" and "potential" got better in time and that I've found a real gem now.

If you know what I mean :))

I wouldn't upset your girlfriend mate, before you know it she'll get the mother-in-law after you, her best mate, her hairdresser and her nail lady. They'll demand a team meeting and you're as good as finished. I'd promise more game time over the coming weeks although you should stress that you may have to transfer list her if she keeps giving you grief.

On 22/11/2018 at 13:01, wattzy said:

I have Fibromyalgia so I'm more than happy to teach you all about what does and doesn't ruin your life. In all likelihood your girlfriend may find your behaviour to be too immature and be wondering whether you're the one. Harsh, but true. If you love her, listen to her.  Partnerships are about looking after each other, there's warning signs there so have a little think about it. 

Waste of money? You've clearly never rented or owned a home. You'll waste a lot of money in your life and in a few years you'll remember when you bought a PC game that was a disappointment and laugh at your former self. 

Get some self-awareness and don't **** your life up like I have. Please. 

3 hours ago, Nonlondoner said:

I have Fibromyalgia so I'm more than happy to teach you all about what does and doesn't ruin your life. In all likelihood your girlfriend may find your behaviour to be too immature and be wondering whether you're the one. Harsh, but true. If you love her, listen to her.  Partnerships are about looking after each other, there's warning signs there so have a little think about it. 

Waste of money? You've clearly never rented or owned a home. You'll waste a lot of money in your life and in a few years you'll remember when you bought a PC game that was a disappointment and laugh at your former self. 

Honestly mate - i think the original post is said in jest. It's just a light humoured counter to all the posts seething about the state of FM when there's more important things in real life. I very much doubt it's ruining his relationship.

5 horas atrás, Nonlondoner disse:

With all due respect, this thread is a joke, it's just a moment of fun. I wouldn't believe, for one second, that a person would trade their girlfriend / boyfriend / wife / husband for a "stupid" game.

Also if you would accept my humble advice, no matter how harsh our personal problems are, we are most likely far from being in the worst situation. Me and my girlfriend had our lifes directly threatned by members of a famous terrorist group and here we are, alive, and joking about playing Football Manager, And I'm sure some people had it worse than us.

Wish you the best for you and your partner.

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 19:17, Stevicus said:

My absolute favourite posts are the ones that start out with 'Hi, I've been playing FM since  back when it was CM and ever since time began and this is why what I'm about to say is totally valid and reasonable'

And my favourite posts are the ones where someone hasn't even bothered to read what the OP said before jumping in with their stupid response.

It's just meant to be a bit of fun amongst endless threads of moaning.

I solved the Op's issue by making my wife chairman of my club.

However, I have real challenges impeding me now. I have a full-time job. My wife's is urging me to start a new business. We have 3 models running a fashion line out of our kitchen. GRR Martin's new book is out. And I'm trying to narrate my FM career in the FM CAreer Updates forum. Life, get outta the way!!!

Archived