My player comes out as gay and his shirt sale is soaring

My first choice striker (a newgen), who is the current Ballon d'Or holder, just came out as gay. I know this can happen in FM but it's the first time it happens to me and he happens to be a world class player. A few days later I received another news item saying an increase from shirt sales and other commercial streams was expected after he came out as gay in a recent interview.

Nice to know this is not just a cosmetic news item. Instead it has a tangible impact on the game and makes me wonder the logic behind. In a real world if a world class player declares that he is gay, what would the impact be like...

I haven't come across this and, as you say, it is good that there is an impact in the game.

Can I please, however, advocate some caution for those posting in this thread, when discussing real players as this may have ramifications.  Keep on topic and FM related please or the thread will get closed

Wow this is what makes FM the best sports simulation game.  I don’t say this out of pro-gay sentiment (I just don’t care and none of my business).  Rather, to me it’s a real testament to the way SI has been able to model players like real people rather than just names and attributes and maybe a superficial personality.  FM is as much a role playing game full of NPCs as it is as a traditional sports sim.  Really need to fix facegen though))

Archived