Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Totalfootballfan

Long Thow-ins and Offsides

In FM19 when a player takes a long throw-in then the defending team defends against it using “Offside Trap”, the same way as teams defend during free-kicks in FM19 but if we read the Football Rules then we find this:

“There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from a goal kick, a corner kick, a throw-in

The above means that “offside trap” doesn’t work during throw-ins and the attacking side’s players can take any position they want without fear to be caught in an offside trap.

On the screenshot bellow you can see that S. Roberto takes a long throws-in and the defending team builds an offside trap defense and the attacking side’s players aware of the offside trap and they try not to get into it – all that looks anecdotal :)

long-throw-ins.png

2 hours ago, 超级足球狂热迷 said:

throw-in  There will be no offside.

I know.... that's why I said it's good spot-on ;)

Hey @Totalfootballfan,

Thanks for bringing this issue up.

Could you please provide the pkm for this match, if you find any issues with the match engine please don't forget to include pkms.

If you are unsure on how to do this follow the instructions below:

Thanks for your support,

Hugo

1 hour ago, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

Hey @Totalfootballfan,

Thanks for bringing this issue up.

Could you please provide the pkm for this match, if you find any issues with the match engine please don't forget to include pkms.

If you are unsure on how to do this follow the instructions below:

Thanks for your support,

Hugo

Hey Hugo,

Honestly, I don't see the point in providing the .pkm for the issue because it can be easily reproduced if you instruct your throw-ins takers to deliver “Long” then the issue happens every time they take a throw-in.

Speaking other words, the defending side is coded to defend against long throw-ins using “Offside Trap” which is anecdotal becasue there can't be offside offence after a throw-in. :)

In the future I might consider uploading .pkm but only if my previous report which by the way has .pkm attached is answered. ;)

The report above was posted 2 weeks ago and it still hasn’t been answered... not coool...

44 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

it can be easily reproduced if you instruct your throw-ins takers to deliver “Long” then the issue happens every time they take a throw-in.

I just tried it and can confirm what said above is true 

Edited by Malibden

Hey @Totalfootballfan,

Whilst you might not see the point in providing us with a pkm, its a piece of information that provides us with the relevant code to fix your problem, the more unique pkm's that we get the better it is for us as it provides us with a variety of matches that can help us fix the problem.

If you refuse to provide us with a pkm you are essentially stopping yourself and others from getting a fix so I suggest you think about attaching the relevant information if you would like your threads to be reviewed.

Furthermore, the information that you provided is incomplete and doesn't even have the team names displayed on it, so I would suggest not cropping the whole image next time as this doesn't really provide us with any detailed information that might help support your claim.

Regarding your thread that was not responded to, we have hundreds of people that post on the forums and as you can imagine this takes some time to respond to. On top of this, the language in which you replied to my post is rather condescending and if you would like to continue receiving replies I would suggest treating the SI employee's with a little more respect, especially considering we are trying to provide you with the best FM experience that we can. 

in addition, the thread that you posted was also reported by multiple other people so we are well aware of the issue.

If you find any match issues please provide a pkm as this is something that needs to be included with your post.

Cheers,

Hugo

44 minutes ago, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

Hey @Totalfootballfan,

Whilst you might not see the point in providing us with a pkm, its a piece of information that provides us with the relevant code to fix your problem, the more unique pkm's that we get the better it is for us as it provides us with a variety of matches that can help us fix the problem.

If you refuse to provide us with a pkm you are essentially stopping yourself and others from getting a fix so I suggest you think about attaching the relevant information if you would like your threads to be reviewed.

Furthermore, the information that you provided is incomplete and doesn't even have the team names displayed on it, so I would suggest not cropping the whole image next time as this doesn't really provide us with any detailed information that might help support your claim.

Regarding your thread that was not responded to, we have hundreds of people that post on the forums and as you can imagine this takes some time to respond to. On top of this, the language in which you replied to my post is rather condescending and if you would like to continue receiving replies I would suggest treating the SI employee's with a little more respect, especially considering we are trying to provide you with the best FM experience that we can. 

in addition, the thread that you posted was also reported by multiple other people so we are well aware of the issue.

If you find any match issues please provide a pkm as this is something that needs to be included with your post.

Cheers,

Hugo

Hugo,

I apologize if I sounded offending I really didn't mean to...

But as I said you can just set your throw-ins takers to deliver “Long” then play one match and you’ll get about 10-20 examples of this issue

Match 1

93982.png

Match 2

feefe33.png

During every offensive long throw-in encounter the defending side defends using “Offside Trap” like during free-kicks

fe3333.png

here's the PKM (uploaded to the Cloud)

Long Throw-ins and Offsides.pkm

14 hours ago, Karimza said:

This will be my Christmas Presents for SI guys this Xmas! :D

vde33.png

Please don't, I would suggest the publication 'Laws of Association Football' which is far more accurate than someone that thinks football has 'Rules'. and produces a book of them. :D

The 'Offside Law', which is Law 13, is quite clear in that being in an offside position is not an offence, unless certain criteria are met.

While it is roughly true that 'there are no offsides at throw-ins' remember that Law 13 states that offside is committed (if the criteria are met) at the moment the ball is played forward by a team mate - which in this case, would be the moment the thrower releases the ball, which is, as you say exempt under Law 13.

So being completely pedantic, it is incorrect to say can't be offside AFTER a throw-in is taken, the accurate statement would be you can't be offside WHEN a throw in is taken.

Will put my referee shirt and whistle away now.

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 19:12, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

Hey @Totalfootballfan,

Thank you for your apology, I appreciate you taking the time to provide the extra information.

I can confirm that this issue is under review.

Cheers,

Hugo

Hey Hugo,

I see that this issue hasn’t been fixed in 19.2 path...

Furthermore, 19.2 patch made it even worse and it added additional issues to it and all that turned it into a complete exploit :eek:

longfexploit.png

Hi guys,

We are still reviewing the issue at the moment, unfortunately I am able to give you an answer as to when this issue will be fixed.

I can assure you that we are working on it.

Thanks for your continued support,

Cheers,

Hugo

Posted (edited)

@Totalfootballfan I have noticed the same issue and i'm almost sure that it's a bug...BUT...it is not happening in every game i play.

Edited by KoBet