Sports Interactive Community
themightyshakers

HORRIBLE kit clash!

10 hours ago, Ben Allingham said:

hi @themightyshakers, could you please provide a pkm for this match so can assess the issue further? Instructions are below.

Why do you need a pkm? You can see for yourself in the editor that teams are programmed to have kit clashes. Should never have happened. Please address the needless kit clash issues. You won’t be provided pkms for all of them, so fix it properly.

10 hours ago, Merseyswimmer said:

Why do you need a pkm? You can see for yourself in the editor that teams are programmed to have kit clashes. Should never have happened. Please address the needless kit clash issues. You won’t be provided pkms for all of them, so fix it properly.

If we could see the match code in the editor we wouldn't be asking you for a PKM. No team is 'programmed' to have kit clashes, thats not how it works. I suggest you have a read of our bug posting guidelines before raising further issues.

As said elsewhere, you wouldn't send a repairman a picture of your broken TV and expect it to be fixed without letting them see it in person. 

As you said, we won't be provided pkms for all issues - those will be the ones that don't get fixed. Thanks 

On 2018. 11. 22. at 오후 6시 53분, Jack Joyce said:

If we could see the match code in the editor we wouldn't be asking you for a PKM. No team is 'programmed' to have kit clashes, thats not how it works. I suggest you have a read of our bug posting guidelines before raising further issues.

As said elsewhere, you wouldn't send a repairman a picture of your broken TV and expect it to be fixed without letting them see it in person. 

As you said, we won't be provided pkms for all issues - those will be the ones that don't get fixed. Thanks 

I think your figure of speech is inappropriate in this situation. You have manufactured broken television initially, and send us all exactly same products. It's not broken individually at all. You could detect this issue very easily if you have played your game just a couple of seasons.

On 22/11/2018 at 20:53, Jack Joyce said:

Liverpool are programmed to wear purple at Crystal Palace. You can see that in the editor without having to see a PKM.

I will read the guidelines as I confess to not know what a pkm is, however I can see all the kit clashes in the editor and by simply playing the game. 

Thank you for addressing the issue.

@webzen11 What's quicker for the developers, loading a PKM and immediately looking at the code to see what went wrong; or starting up a new game, holidaying 2 seasons and hoping that the same issue reproduces so that they can then look into the issue? Multiply this by the number of issues reported on the forums and you can see how important it is to log issues in a way that saves developer time. More time = more fixes!

@Merseyswimmer Just because a team is set to have a purple away kit doesn't mean they're programmed to use that kit in every single home game. That's not how it works, we have kit clash code in the ME that should detect any issues, and with a PKM we can see what exactly went wrong.