FM19: An Ambitious Andorran

Rikulec

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, tyler16 said:

Going smoothly despite the hiccup in Europe.

How is Seixas coming along, btw?

To be honest we should be walking the league with the squad we have at the moment.

Seixas has unfortunately been a disappointment so far, he's nowhere near the level of Batista in terms of performance and the loan signing Moura also seems to be making a bigger impact. He's still only 17 though, I'm willing to give him more time, but right now he's the no. 12 in the squad.

16 minutes ago, decapitated said:

I've enjoyed reading this thread. I'll have to scout Luistans in my games :)

Glad to see you like it! And yes, make sure to scout them - they can produce some real gems you could probably snap up for free.

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:54, Rikulec said:

M1qnb0y.png

As a New Year's Eve gift the board have made me the highest paid manager in the league. :cool:

I'd like to think so too, you've certainly earned it!

3 hours ago, coady said:

I'd like to think so too, you've certainly earned it!

I think it's also a sign of the club's reputation developing. I haven't mentioned that, but after this year's short-lived European campaign we moved up from being a 0,5* reputation club to being a 1* one. The league is 1* as well. :thup:

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - February 2024 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

vxfJQxh.png

LzNKPoY.png

Engordany gave our 2nd XI a hard time, I had to save the day with substitutions. Other than that, it was nice to beat F.C. Santa Coloma so convincingly.

Youth Intake

eDrdG7y.png

Last year was disappointing. This year is great.

Valter Fernandes

Artur Paixão

António Nunes

Eduardo Emanuel

Francisco Monteiro

1 hour ago, albertluque said:

I wish saves were somehow able to be combined. I could do with some decent Andorran's in the coming years on my save!

Actually we're not producing any. :D The players that come through the young intakes are pretty much exclusively Portuguese.

41 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Actually we're not producing any. :D The players that come through the young intakes are pretty much exclusively Portuguese.

Rules can be changed... I could always sign youth products as well.. instead of having to be born in Andorra.

16 minutes ago, albertluque said:

Rules can be changed... I could always sign youth products as well.. instead of having to be born in Andorra.

I'm not sure if I understand, if I'm to be honest. I always sign the youth players, and right now I only have one Andorran player in my first team squad. I haven't imposed any rules regarding the players' nationality on myself.

5 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

I'm not sure if I understand, if I'm to be honest. I always sign the youth players, and right now I only have one Andorran player in my first team squad. I haven't imposed any rules regarding the players' nationality on myself.

Sorry, I was referring to my save. I am able to sign Andorran's... and maybe players who come through at Andorran club academies.

16 minutes ago, albertluque said:

Sorry, I was referring to my save. I am able to sign Andorran's... and maybe players who come through at Andorran club academies.

No problem, I get it now. Sorry for the confusion and best of luck with your save. :thup:

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - March 2024 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

FrM3xmj.png

3QXf2r7.png

A perfect month as we go into the final stage 15 points clear of F.C. Santa Coloma. Ranger's FC came remarkably close to breaking into the top four, but they failed to win their last game before the split.

Copa Constitució

CQubUfM.png

Even a heavily rotated squad had no trouble there.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - April 2024 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

g5dk5GP.png

osXGIkP.png

Job comfortably done, however the draw to U.E. Santa Coloma was our first domestic game this season where we failed to score. Fair play to both goalkeepers though, it would have ended 5:3 or something similar if it hadn't been for their great performance.

Copa Constitució

TUSGWd6.png

A quickfire double was enough to seal our passage to the final.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - May 2024 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

LkGG4d0.png

r7rhOjq.png

Unbeaten! :cool:

Copa Constitució

2JsLpwT.png

We couldn't hit the barn door within 120 minutes, but we also didn't miss a single penalty. It was our former player Florent Delpuech who missed the deciding spot kick.

32 minutes ago, tyler16 said:

Looking dominant domestically. Hopefully you have a better run out in Europe this time around.

Cheers, I'll definitely do my best to strengthen in the summer and try to get into the group stage.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Review - 2023/24 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

Results (regular season) - Results (championship group)

Competition Performance: Winners

Last year we nearly threw it away, this time it was by far the most convincing campaign of this career. We set new records for most points and most wins in a season, and, remarkably, managed to complete it without a single defeat. Not really surprising considering that we're the only professional club in the country. Over time I'll definitely be aiming for a perfect season.

Copa Constitució

For the second year running we didn't concede a goal, even if we did need penalties to win the final.

Supercopa andorrana

Another trophy in the cabinet.

UEFA Champions League

Competition Performance: Second Qualifying Round

Our best performance to date, and we also came within touching distance of a major upset.

UEFA Europa League

Competition Performance: Third Qualifying Round

We were undone by our own silly mistakes.

Squad

With the additions from abroad it's the strongest squad this club has ever had. We're only getting started though.

Transfers - Finances

Plenty of movement here. The players brought in shot us up to a new level quality-wise, even if a couple of them - namely Ferrarini and Iliadis - were rather disappointing.

We lost a couple thousand pounds, we can afford it though, no problem.

Player of the Season

1st - Paulo Batista - our best player for the second season in a row, and what a player he is. Once again he finished the league with a ridiculous goalscoring record for a midfielder, once again he was deadly with his direct free kicks. He's also developing quite nicely - let's not forget he's only 19!

2nd - Tiago Moura - probably the best signing of the transfer window, even if it was only a loan. Having one midfielder enter double digits with his goals scored is great, but how about two? Together with Batista he formed a force everyone in the league feared, and his work rate helped start numerous counter attacks. Shame we won't be able to have him permanently, he just asks for too much.

3rd - Leif Davis - I've already said it, but I love players like him. The difference in quality between him and most players in the league meant that he was able to perform some beautiful solo runs, and this coupled with great crossing ability was pure joy to watch. Definitely one of our key players.

Next Season

Keep smashing everyone domestically, get into the Europa League group.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Season Preview - 2024/25 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Board Expectations:

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi: Win it
Copa Constitució: Win it
Supercopa andorrana: Not important
UEFA Champions League: Second Qualifying Round

My Expectations:

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi: Win it.
Copa Constitució: Not important.
Supercopa andorrana: Not important.
UEFA Champions League: Get a good draw and we should meet the expectations.

Budgets:

Transfer: £4,050,659
Wage: £25,300 (currently spending £11,560)
Balance: £3,262,590

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2024/25 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Friendlies

nSjVh26.png

At least one clean sheet would have been nice.

Transfers

nL07SOm.png

Four incomings, all quite tasty.

Roberto Carvalho - an exciting prospect for a bargain fee. Most likely the best pick of the bunch.

João Faria - Leite's loan came to an end, so we needed a new goalkeeper.

Manuel Silva - a winger who also happens to be a physical beast.

Carlitos Sanca - another striker, because why not?

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - July 2024 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

UEFA Champions League

7ISSeKu.png

No surprises here, we've met the expectations. Funnily enough in the first game against Salzburg we parked the bus and were dominated, while in the second we tried to put up a fight and actually played a very even game. Oh well.

Transfers

Odilávio - a loan from Brazil to make up for selling João Cabanas.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - August 2024 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

UEFA Europa League

2CzcxcF.png

And we did it! Drawing Dudelange was incredibly lucky and yet we still managed to throw away a two goal lead at home. The away league was a great showing though where the team really clicked for the first time this season. Money, money, money!

Transfers

Nicolás Schiavi - another loan from South America, this time to cover for Batista.

Stevan Romcevic - our new record transfer, £85K from Spartak in Serbia. This is the first time we've signed a "promising player", I have really high hopes.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - September 2024 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

ZQsx6YD.png

FqbgZKx.png

Oh dear, this is bad. We just couldn't score no matter what we tried in two games and we're already five points off the top. We need to find our scoring boots and we need them fast.

Supercopa andorrana

OLbsiMd.png

Why can't we play like this in the league?

UEFA Europa League

cmTNOQH.png

MDcSGlF.png

We gave it our best.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - October 2024 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

gloLpYN.png

UrljbyZ.png

I thought we were more or less back to our ways, and then we drew at Encamp. At least we're top. I definitely don't like the fact that we've only kept one clean sheet so far.

UEFA Europa League

EWgFdw6.png

Qt2mvaA.png

Two more defeats despite us taking the lead in Sweden. We definitely don't have to finish this group with 0 points.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - November 2024 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

DzFOFFo.png

NCrNYak.png

I could complain about the Ranger's game, but a perfect month is a perfect month and I'm definitely spoiled regarding the league. We seem to be moving in the right direction.

UEFA Europa League

9sL2iTi.png

sz3BWv1.png

Holy ****ing ****.

I'm sorry, but that's the only way I can put it. I mean, beating Malmö was a historic result in itself - the first ever European win for an Andorran club. But a victory against a full strength Fiorentina side, with the likes of Simeone and Mboula up front? I'm going to say this is my best result on any Football Manager game ever. This is just something else, and miraculously we still stand a chance of qualifying. We need a result in Berlin, but... who knows? After all, we've just beaten two @ManUtd1's sides in one month!

Transfers

Joshua Adney - I didn't need a new right back. I saw a great one available for free. I have a new right back.

L9lzvs5.png

Rico Alvarez's Management Career - December 2024 - Fútbol Club Lusitans

Lliga Grup Sant Eloi

13w9AsS.png

2QlTXmc.png

An unnecessary defeat at F.C. Santa Coloma, but we still end the year with a four point advantage.

UEFA Europa League

fntZaSf.png

bKNKrLk.png

No surprises this time. I'm still immensely proud of the lads, we've finished above Malmö!

Archived