First Time I Have Seen This

On 20/11/2018 at 08:15, GloryFan2002 said:

20181120160418_1.thumb.jpg.637bebeea8ad71591d231fbc7495411e.jpg

First season 1st Round of the FA Cup and Spennymoor Town bring out a strikerless system

That could be, in fact I’m almost sure it is, a deep lying striker. The new formation screens are a bit weird they make certain positions look really deep sometimes.

Just now, Vicz said:

That could be, in fact I’m almost sure it is, a deep lying striker. The new formation screens are a bit weird they make certain positions look really deep sometimes.

Look at the formation name at the bottom. It is strikerless.

4 hours ago, Andrew_Goats_Gruff said:

Can somebody remember a time strikerless formations was used in real life? Silly feature.

Spain have done it before, with Fabregas as the most advanced player. They won the European Championships doing so, must be silly!!

50 minutos atrás, Andrew_Goats_Gruff disse:

They played the false 9 mate so basically a deep striker. Good point tho

In the 2011 Club World Cup final, Barcelona vs Santos (4-0), Santos coach Muricy Ramalho said so. That Barcelona changed the whole concept of attacking and was playing without a striker, that if he would use that system in Brazil people would "kill" him.

And we may be on the verge of discovering new systems, if things like the Thiago Motta's 2-7-2 actually come to life.

hace 22 minutos, 99 dijo:

In the 2011 Club World Cup final, Barcelona vs Santos (4-0), Santos coach Muricy Ramalho said so. That Barcelona changed the whole concept of attacking and was playing without a striker, that if he would use that system in Brazil people would "kill" him.

And we may be on the verge of discovering new systems, if things like the Thiago Motta's 2-7-2 actually come to life.

we kind of see that in this days, Wingbacks are playing as some kind of "inside Midfielders" or even going to the Winger territory, Winger are now mostly Inside Forwards so most teams with wingers have 3-4 forwards now, GKs are now Sweepers, and defenders now need the same technical abilities as Playmakers, maybe a little toned down for physical and defensive attitudes, we kind of have that 2-7-2 in reality (or 2-6-3...or 2-5-4) top teams need more strenght in offensive or in creative roles now, top teams GK are like night Security officers in a city with 1 person killed per day

6 hours ago, Andrew_Goats_Gruff said:

They played the false 9 mate so basically a deep striker. Good point tho

Pretty much the same effect. I think they had Iniesta and David Silva as inside forwards who would overlap Fabregas.

Archived