Pulling hair out trying to download lower league mod.

Never tried mods before but appeared simple... so far it's impossible. 

I'm trying to put Dan Gander's lower league mod into the game but nothing works. I've tried creating editor data folder but nothing appears in game. Any help would make my day. All I want to do is manage my beloved Tiverton Town! 🤣 

vor 6 Minuten schrieb TivvyFan:

Computer> local disk c> program files > Steam > Steam apps > common > football manager 2019 

That's my current route to finding files. It is work laptop so set up peculiarly. 

That's the wrong directory for game files, it's in the user/documents path, not the game path.

Gerade eben schrieb TivvyFan:

Sorry mate, could you rephrase that in simple terms. How can I sort the problem? 

user/documents/sports interactive/football manager 2019

is the path in which you find the editor data folder, plus your saved games.

I've had a good look and I think my issue is that I'm running this on a work laptop. All the locations are different and it seems bloody hard work to try and get it sorted. I did look at changing the location, by following the guide you sent, but it didn't seem to work. The steam workshops don't seem to be working either for me 

I've had a good look and I think my issue is that I'm running this on a work laptop. All the locations are different and it seems bloody hard work to try and get it sorted. I did look at changing the location, by following the guide you sent, but it didn't seem to work. The steam workshops don't seem to be working either for me 

The location of the user files are on all computer in the same path. You must look for the user documents folder for the user/admin you are logged-in. 

Really appreciate all the help but nothing is bloody working lol. The steam workshop isn't working through app or online. The actual game is installed into 'steam' folder rather than 'my documents' and there is no editor folder. Not downloaded any skins etc yet. 

vor 11 Minuten schrieb TivvyFan:

Really appreciate all the help but nothing is bloody working lol. The steam workshop isn't working through app or online. The actual game is installed into 'steam' folder rather than 'my documents' and there is no editor folder. Not downloaded any skins etc yet. 

Please, try to read and understand what we are posting.

The GAME is in the steam folder. That's ok.

But the user FILES are in the user directory and documents folder. 

You have a user/documents folder on your computer.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb TivvyFan:

Checked all my user files and no sign of sports interactive etc.

Untitled2.jpg

One of them is your user directory. Click on the folder and you will see the documents folder.

Untitled3.thumb.jpg.d3866b7806a0030b5d6a98b885da8ab3.jpgOk by searching sports interactive I found this FM19 folder which has an editor folder and skins folder - guessing this is the one? I've put the mod I want into the editor file. Restarted game but still nothing at the moment, 

Untitled3.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

On the left hand side of your screen shots there is a Documents folder, in there you will have Sports Interactive folder, and in that a Football Manager 2019 folder, and then finally an Editor Data  - that is where the .fmf files need to go (the edited databases) - screenshot of mine for info. 

Note that to get the new leagues you will need to select the new databases when you start a new game.

route.JPG

vor 1 Minute schrieb TivvyFan:

Tried it but not working. Restart everything? I still have the FM19 folder located on steam too. Don't touch that? I really do appreciate the help. Very frustrating for you guys I bet haha

Yes, don't touch the FM 2019 folder in steam. You only need the file in the editor data folder. What exactly does not work? Can't you select the English lower leagues when starting a new game?

Just default options down to conference N and S. 

Did you click right top on Database and select the lower league file, before you startet the new save?

Got to

c:\users\<the user you are logged in as>\documents

here you should see quite a lot of folders. One of the should be titled Sports Interactive. Click on it, then on Football Manager 2019. There are the user folders for the game. In the "games" folder you will see your savegames for instance. You should also have a folder called "editor data", if you don't have it, create it. Put the files you are looking to play in there.

When you start up football manager start a new career, but before you chose anything click on the "database" in the top right. There you can chose what database to use, but also the files you put into the folder should show below under "Editor Data files". Then check the ones you are looking to use and then create a new game. Now you should be able to chose countries and/or divisions that have been added through data files.

If the files are not showing up under the database options, then you might have gotten faulty files, or something along those lines. 

I found this video showing the whole process with an "England to level 10"-file. Maybe that will show you how to do it.

Archived