Can I survive my colossal FFP screw-up?

I'm managing Portsmouth in League One, and long story short, I forgot about FFP because the last FM I played was FM 13, before FFP even existed. I'm going to fail FFP spectacularly, there's no real chance of me getting my wage bill down and keeping a full match squad. Does anyone know what the specific punishment is for failing FFP in League One? It says there's a transfer ban, but never having got one I don't know how long it will last, if it applies to player contracts, or if the board will sell off players to comply. I don't even know if I'll get punished at all if I'm promoted, or whether I'll be judged by the Championship's FFP rules instead (League One has a hard wage cap, if the Championship has one too I'd easily pass that cap). If the transfer ban's only a season and that's the only issue I have to live with, the squad should be strong enough to get by, but anything more than that and I've probably trashcanned a very promising save through my own stupidity in not checking out a new aspect of the game.

I'm also in League One and you get assessed each month. Under the rules, you are only allowed to spend a % of your annual turnover on wages. If you go over your allowed budget then you are put under a transfer embargo from the start of the next month until you reduce your wage bill. I'm pretty sure if your turnover is much lower than expected then your wage bill would be reduced for next season if you stay in League One. On your finances, go to your FFP screen and you will see what your situation is. This is mine as an example. 

lincoln finances.png

Thanks for answering, I've already secured promotion because I'm ten points ahead with only two games to go, so would I be right to assume that the League One rules wouldn't affect me when I get promoted if they're assessed monthly? I know I might still fail the Championship FFP rules as well, but I'm assuming the club would have less of a problem complying with them because income would be higher. I re-read the rules and there's not a hard cap like I thought, I don't even know where I got that idea from.

There is a cap on losses you can make and how much the board are allowed to invest in the Championship. I'm guessing you thought each league worked the same for FFP. League One rules will no longer apply once you finish this season. The TV money is a big increase from League One so you should have no problems meeting FFP. Worth remembering as well that you get a good size payment at the end of each Championship season so if you are looking like losing a bit of money then don't panic. 

Archived