A conversation option for unfit players.

McGougan33

Hi guys,

I would like to discuss the idea of being able to address a player in your squad about the lack of match fitness when they come to you about lack of first team football, and broken promises because of said lack of fitness.

I propose either a conversation option to explain to the player that they did not get a consistent run in the team due to dropping beneath 90% match fitness, which in turn should mitigate most players except those with stubborn traits.

Otherwise, perhaps the personality trait itself needs to tweaked so they are aware of their match fitness and allow the game a better understanding of balancing the squad based on fitness.

For example, Keiran Tierney at Celtic kept getting unfit for matches due to the amount of running required of him/small knocks received.

He still played more than 75% of my matches, and was only dropped when his match fitness dropped beneath 90%.

This in turn lead to him complaining twice about a lack of football, and the second time round flat out refusing to except I would give him more game time, and he wants to leave the club.

The entire squad then became unhappy as they deemed it a reasonable request, which of course it would have been if he could stay match fit.

Just a suggestion for a future patch or the following title.

• 1 month later...

Archived