wide men stop and lose the ball instead of crossing

Hi!
So the issue is that no matter what type of tactic i use my fullbacks, wingbacks and wingers tend to stop, turn their backs to the goal and lose the ball even if they got few players ready to close the cross.
Any suggestions on how to prevent this?

I've noticed this also. Very annoying. Plenty of options in the box and enough space in which to execute a cross, but still they hold onto the ball...

It seems to happen slightly less often when given the "cross from byline" PI, but not nearly enough.

I have noticed that this happends more often if cross from byline is ticked, resulting in huge ammount of corners when ticked. I had to change my AML/R wingers on attack duty be AML/R on support instead with higher up the pitch ticked off instead. Works a bit better.

I think passing directness and tempo chosen affects this issue.

There is something wrong with ME, my FBs have individually a dozens crossess per game and every cross is blocked. And because of that I have a lot of corners, where I score a lot of goals from corners.

I hope they will fix it very soon, because my strikers are low because of these blocked crossess.

Work Ball Into Box is also going to make this worse as it reduces crossing. Taking it off in my own tactic and I'm seeing more crosses going in (from Support players, as WBiB would have set them to cross rarely/less) and also I am seeing early crosses.

On 19/11/2018 at 00:01, parano1c said:

Hi!
So the issue is that no matter what type of tactic i use my fullbacks, wingbacks and wingers tend to stop, turn their backs to the goal and lose the ball even if they got few players ready to close the cross.
Any suggestions on how to prevent this?

Get better players or play against weaker teams.

Yeah, it looks horrible in the 3D view right now, even have cases of the crosser running to the line, then stand around waiting for the slow defender to arrive, because something went wrong after they fixed crossing in the beta, but it still is FAIR that your player fail.

On 20/11/2018 at 23:20, Bakiano said:

There is something wrong with ME, my FBs have individually a dozens crossess per game and every cross is blocked. And because of that I have a lot of corners, where I score a lot of goals from corners.

I hope they will fix it very soon, because my strikers are low because of these blocked crossess.

Not for the AI. They seem to get quality crosses in when in space.

Archived