Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Butek

Game doesn’t know when season ends

Hello,
My problem with FM18 is that when I want to sign a new contract with my player starting with the end of the season, the game thinks, that season will end much earlier, it really will. For example when it’s 30 October 2035 I can sign a contract that begins on October 30 or begins on November 10. Then, when it’s November 11, I can sign the contract from December 3. Usually it should always be April 28, 2036 (I think so). I have this situation since the beginning of the new season (I think so). When I’m starting new game, everything is OK there.

In addition there are two other problems that started at the same time as above (I’m writing about them here, not in the new thread, because I think they have the same reason, so maybe this will help with the first one):
- I have only one day to keep my promises to players.
- Also I see a different price in the history of  player transfers and the history of club transfers.

I apologize for my English, I hope the message is understandable.

Pikczer1.png

What game version are you using?

Are you using a custom database?

What dates are in the drop-down menu when you select end of season?

There are only standard options in this drop-down menu - "immediately" (or something like that) and "end of the season".

First I did it, then it didn't solve the problem, then I created thread.

I wonder if you re-sign an existing player, then the new contract takes effect almost immediately, so the end of season option will not be available?

I'm not sure if I understood well. I assume that when you wrote "existing player" you meant player in real life. I don't have players like like that, because it's 2035 - they are too old. But I'm almost sure, that there would be option "end of the season".

Existing player means a player who is currently in your squad and you are in the process of renewing his contract.  If this is the case, I am assuming that the deal will start immediately and so the option to wait until the end of the season to start it will not be available

I have players who have contracts with my club. And I want to sign new, longer contract (now I assume that this is example of existing player) with other wage with one of my players. But I want to pay him old wage to the end of the season and new wage in new season. I want to start new contract with the end of the season. So when i'm proposing new contract (as we see on screenshot) under words "Contract Start Date" i have two options in dropdown menu: "immediete" (default) and "end of the season". I'm choosing "end of the season" and I see the date below. And this date is wrong. And the contract really starts in this wrong date.

Edited by Butek

I wasn't aware that you could postpone a new contract to the end of the season as I always thought that it was implemented immediately, so I cant think of any way around this, unfortunately  

So I can postpone the beginning of the contract ... unless the game has a bug. :-)

In the evening I can send you a file with a saved game. Maybe it will help to locate the cause of the bug?