Sports Interactive Community
SMSalnuaimi

How to take full advantage of opposition red card?

Probably because the opposition becomes more defensive when they get a man sent off. Check what formation they change to and try to identify where you can exploit it. Perhaps try playing at a higher tempo in order to tire them out etc. Maybe you can afford to throw an extra man forward at set pieces?

Agreed. Quite literally every single time I've had the opposition team get a player sent off they've actually played better against me and I've lost hard every time. I change my tactics to play better against a 10 man team, change my formation and still I get shafted.

I keep their formation diagram up in the screen between highlights and look for the spaces. If they vacate the wings I exploit that. If they keep two up top I look to control the midfield, for example. They will frequency change their formation so you have to keep changing too.

Just to add to this

Ive lost count of the number of games ive been 1 down....had a man sent off..... and then WON.

When playing a 4141 i usually just revert to a 441 and press higher... and we almost seem to improve our play with one less man.

I think maintaining width and playing at good tempo is key against 10 men

One of the main things I look at after opposition red card is the formation they switch to. They often seem to play narrower and this leads me to increase attacking width to use space on flanks to create openings...

Edited by mhaffy

I generally react when I see what formation the opposition switch to.

AS a general rule, I would spread my wide players wider (I play a 4-1-4-1DM with wingers - the old 4-1-2-3) set one of the CMs to a forward-thinking role (BBM or Mez or AP) and try and ping the ball around the field. Exploit the Flanks, but look to attack and penetrate through the middle - stretch them wide and exploit space left behind. Keep the ball as much as possible and make them do all the running.