Number of Dates Error

tariq13

I'm running into an error I've never seen before. I've created the second division in the United States. The structure is as follows: stage 0 is a group stage with 2 groups and top eight teams from each group move on to a playoff round. Stage 1 is the playoff round for one group, Stage 2 is the playoff round for the other group.

I have stage 0 working properly but now I'm getting an error that says "The number of dates set in stage 1 of the competition is 0 but should be equal to 30." I'm not sure why I'm getting this. Stage 1 is a cup with 8 teams. All the teams start in Round 0 (quarter final), then Round 1 (semifinal), and Round 2 (final). I don't have fixture dates set, I've set the dates myself. I don't know what it means by there are 0 dates, and I also don't understand what it means that there should be 30. Since I don't have fixture dates set, I have no idea where I would even begin to fix this error.

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 8.00.41 PM.png

USA test 2.fmf

Yeah. I run a test through November and the playoff rounds never begin. Stage 1 and 2 are never created. The playoff rounds start October 21st. Nothing gets scheduled after Stage 0 ends.

Something interesting I've discovered about this issue. Under "Requirements" for Stage 1 and 2, I have it set to wait until Stage 0 finishes. If I don't have "Check for Early Finish" checked, it gives the error above. If I do have "Check for Early Finish". checked, it gives the error that no teams were found in Stage 1. In Stage 0, for Groups 1 and 2, I have "Process Early Finish" checked.

Edited by tariq13

• 1 month later...

I have a very similar problem. I'm making some new rules for my version of the Dutch pyramid. Nothing to difficult.

However when testing the second tier competition it gives me this error:

image.thumb.png.3abd11d2a021f71c7a4ecd41d8a47355.png

This is very weird, because it is a league with 18 teams and I have it set to 34 dates (and not 13 or 30!):

image.thumb.png.db7e3c2fcba8a0ffa5fca630b897e131.png

So when I set it to 30 (as per the error-message), I get the error that it should be equal to 34 (as I had before and it should be):

image.thumb.png.0c0790e2fa532052ed43aed7ad1e4141.png

Can someone explain what is going on here?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have this issue too. Don't suppose anyone has found a fix/way around it at all?

edit: I've found how to fix this. Double check all your dates that you have added for start and ends are within a correct range i.e. if you want your season to run August 2018 to May 2019, ensure the Stage dates in General are set to July 2018 to June 2019, as an example

Edited by gibbo11

Individual leagues you had both at Zero ? You need one individual league at zero and the next at 1 …. Just like stages !!

This has worked but you now have another error referring to stage 2 not having any teams

2019-04-18_LI.thumb.jpg.b5268bfee5cf1a834ec1ba6d564ef875.jpg

On 17/11/2018 at 06:30, tariq13 said:

I'm running into an error I've never seen before. I've created the second division in the United States. The structure is as follows: stage 0 is a group stage with 2 groups and top eight teams from each group move on to a playoff round. Stage 1 is the playoff round for one group, Stage 2 is the playoff round for the other group.

I have stage 0 working properly but now I'm getting an error that says "The number of dates set in stage 1 of the competition is 0 but should be equal to 30." I'm not sure why I'm getting this. Stage 1 is a cup with 8 teams. All the teams start in Round 0 (quarter final), then Round 1 (semifinal), and Round 2 (final). I don't have fixture dates set, I've set the dates myself. I don't know what it means by there are 0 dates, and I also don't understand what it means that there should be 30. Since I don't have fixture dates set, I have no idea where I would even begin to fix this error.

USA test 2.fmf

2019-04-18_LI.jpg

On 17/11/2018 at 06:30, tariq13 said:

USA test 2.fmf

So?

• 6 months later...

Major bump but I have encountered this error last night.

During testing, it sims the first season fine and then I get a mismatched number of dates  (22 dates when there should be 26).

I can’t change them because it would mess up my first season, however my number of teams in the league is fluid (it’s the 5 regional Russian 2nd divisions) and therefore I want to actually not use dates, but it forces me to.

I think my ideal solution would be: how can I make my rules work without having a date for every matchday?

The RPL only has 6 compulsory dates in a 30 matchday season and works fine, so in theory I should be able to have the same in these divisions, but it forces me to create dates for every matchday, which then can go wrong after 1 season if the number of teams changes.

• 1 month later...
Em 19/11/2019 em 09:57, Suggy33 disse:

Major bump but I have encountered this error last night.

During testing, it sims the first season fine and then I get a mismatched number of dates  (22 dates when there should be 26).

I can’t change them because it would mess up my first season, however my number of teams in the league is fluid (it’s the 5 regional Russian 2nd divisions) and therefore I want to actually not use dates, but it forces me to.

I think my ideal solution would be: how can I make my rules work without having a date for every matchday?

The RPL only has 6 compulsory dates in a 30 matchday season and works fine, so in theory I should be able to have the same in these divisions, but it forces me to create dates for every matchday, which then can go wrong after 1 season if the number of teams changes.

Did anyone found how to fix this is error?

I'm getting same error on my portuguese lower leagues

• 10 months later...
On 16/04/2019 at 20:19, gibbo11 said:

I have this issue too. Don't suppose anyone has found a fix/way around it at all?

edit: I've found how to fix this. Double check all your dates that you have added for start and ends are within a correct range i.e. if you want your season to run August 2018 to May 2019, ensure the Stage dates in General are set to July 2018 to June 2019, as an example

11 hours ago, veeeeh said:

Still no one figured out how to solve this error?

See the remark by Gibbo.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/11/2020 at 04:58, Wolf_pd said:

See the remark by Gibbo.

Thanks for your reply. I've checked my file, and I have now included dates for all the competitions in my system, but when testing the rules, it keep saying that "the number of dates set in stage 0 of the competition is 1 but should be equal to 27" when there is no league with number of dates set in zero. It's frustrating because I have worked a lot in the file... do you know what else could be? Thanks!

10 hours ago, Robbles Quin ®™ said:

i had this with my Japan file. this was solved for me by creating custom fixture dates and adding them to the dates list. if a league has a dynamic number of teams then it is more difficult.

Thanks. Do you have your file for me to take a look at it, to see how you did it and where? By dynamic number of teams do you mean when you complete the minimum and maximum amount of teams with different numbers from the actual league configuration?

5 hours ago, veeeeh said:

Thanks. Do you have your file for me to take a look at it, to see how you did it and where? By dynamic number of teams do you mean when you complete the minimum and maximum amount of teams with different numbers from the actual league configuration?

dynamic meaning. lets say 2020 has 18 teams, that means 34 matches for each team and that means you need 34 dates. but in 2021 if you then had 20 teams you need 38 dates. so youd have to duplicate the league and add in the extra dates. this is the harder way.

if you dont mind not having 100% realistic fixtures then you just select a start and end date from the schedules tab and add in match days to lets say saturday and sunday.

On 13/12/2020 at 20:01, Robbles Quin ®™ said:

dynamic meaning. lets say 2020 has 18 teams, that means 34 matches for each team and that means you need 34 dates. but in 2021 if you then had 20 teams you need 38 dates. so youd have to duplicate the league and add in the extra dates. this is the harder way.

if you dont mind not having 100% realistic fixtures then you just select a start and end date from the schedules tab and add in match days to lets say saturday and sunday.

Thanks. I have several competitions in my system that have, for example, 24 or 26 teams ... Do you think that if I modify them to have 20, the error could disappear?

• 1 month later...
On 19/12/2020 at 03:52, Robbles Quin ®™ said:

send me your file ill have a look

Thank you very much for your offer. I was on a vacation and then forgot to reply here, but my problem is solved. I did what I told you in my last message: changed divisions which were so big in teams to versions with 22 teams as a maximum, and that solved the issue.

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem too with my project league, overhaul my country league. I already try to untick the number of dates, and set the start month one month earlier, and end month one month later, and still get the same error. I even don't know where these number is coming from :(

Waiting advice from here first, before attempting to split the league one tier more to make the match dates of the upper league lesser too

Error 1.png

Error 2.png

Indonesian League Level 5 Fantasy (Verified).fmf

• 2 months later...

Hi!  Unfortunately, I have a similar problem. However, I did not create a league from scratch, I took the Serbian Super League as a basis by simply adding the number of teams. They have an interesting league - they have first round and then division into two groups in second round. When test rules, for some reason, editor wants to see 11 dates (well, he sees only 0) in Stage 0! In Stage 0, it should search exclusively for 23 dates - but he for some reason is searching 11 dates... Adding 11 dates does not help (as does replacing 23 with 11, in the end he asks for 23dates). I spent a lot of time on this file, I would not like to lose it, so I ask for help 

image.png.248a66b8369f4247fd12b12349db1c27.pngimage.thumb.png.2913f598636ff3277fdc789e45c6063f.png

YugoslaviaMod0.6.fmf

• 5 months later...

For what it's worth. This has bugged me a few times but seems to arise in ANOTHER stage than mentioned, and as best I can tell is usually a result of an issue with groups... i.e., having multiple "individual group rules" sharing the same group index (0 and 0 instead of 0 and 1, say), or having too many or too few "number of groups" set under "group settings", which can arise if you're messing with a format but forget to make all the necessary changes

• 3 months later...

I had the same problem and managed to solve it. Like @themodelcitizen mentioned above, it had to do something with the groups I created. These groups were used to split the regular competition in 3 periods where the winner of each period is assigned a playoff spot. The periods are based on matchdays (1-10, 11-20,21-30) in the regular season for which the results are used in the groups. The issue was that i had forgotten to unthick below box. Otherwise additional fixtures on top of the regular matchdays were created and the error was shown. 

image.png.8e7cc817035e5f964b550b8ef8b4a3ee.png