Can't keep squad happy with training

Ok, so I am a little frustrated with my players, and I am unsure of whether my lack of understanding of new changes is affecting my players too much. They seem to quietly complain constantly about especially training as well as squad composition.

So I start a game as Bath City (as always). The club is part time, so I get between 1 and 2 training passes per week, depending on how many games I have. So I am quite limited in my ability to make everyone happy with training.

It is now end of August, and I already have 11 players unhappy about training, and 15 dissatisfied with management.

Training:

The training started when I was told a handful of players were unhappy with lack of Quickness training. So not knowing how much would be enough, I put in three Quickness passes in the coming 3 weeks. Now 5 other players are unhappy because we have too much quickness training. The rest are a mix of wanting more of various training types. So in order to keep the squad happy, I seem to have to constantly changing my training around to fit their wishes instead of what want to focus on.

Any way to better handle this for part time players? ... since I have so few training days, it seems like all I can do is to schedule it to fit the squad's wishes.

Management displeasure:

image.thumb.png.d0a3f5ed79cbddb8567ec1154b45a5a7.png

Currently 15 players are pre-concerned (what does that mean?) about lack of depth in midfield. Looking at my team report, my first team squad has 8 players to cover my three MC/DM places. 6 of which can also play the DM position. I would think that was enough? I have 7 players capable of playing AM/L and 5 for AM/R. So what is all the concern about?

On the Team Report, the AM/R position number is yellow, so maybe that is what they are concerned about? ... but how many AM/Rs do they think my lower league team needs?

image.thumb.png.125a1e243065002a81d3a2c7f54d9233.png

While they do voice their concern from time to time, it doesn't seem to have escalated yet, but that is probably helped by a position at the top of the table.

But how do you properly manage this? ... as I assume it won't go away later on in the season.

I feel maybe this needs to get tweaked, at least for part time and amateur teams, where there is little wiggle-room to change up the training to deal with this.

Also, it would be nice that if a player has more than one concern regarding training amount and type, that they both get shown. I have seen a player wanting more Quickness training, and when I gave him focus on that, it disappeared from the list, but then it was a concern regarding more tactical defending training.

If all this is working as designed, any advice would be appreciated :)

image.thumb.png.4abc8c8b288da8b231ae4bb3acd78eb6.png

And here we go two days later ....tons of players now want more Quickness training.

So on 25/8, the above players are happy, after three training passes with Quickness over three weeks. Monday (27/8) they are now unhappy despite that there were no passes in-between the two dates.

image.thumb.png.e48acc618a219858ff426c94e70c3250.png

All the ones who were unhappy about too much Quickness training two days ago, are now unhappy because they want more strength training.

This feels a bit like whack-a-mole. Fix one problem and another pops up.

Archived