Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
turnip

Minimum Fee Release Clause (Higher Division Clubs)

If I have a player who has a Min Fee Release Clause for Higher Division Clubs... and I've just clinched promotion to the top tier, but we haven't officially 'moved' leagues yet...

Am I going to have to sell him if bids come in from currently top tier teams?

hace 1 hora, turnip dijo:

If I have a player who has a Min Fee Release Clause for Higher Division Clubs... and I've just clinched promotion to the top tier, but we haven't officially 'moved' leagues yet...

teams normally don't try to pay Release clause as first offer, you can delay the offer until reset day arrives and the clause is null

1 hour ago, turnip said:

I would have thought so- the clause would have been put in to stop you selling to teams in the lower division, so anybody in the top tier then and now will be eligible IMO

2 hours ago, FrazT said:

I would have thought so- the clause would have been put in to stop you selling to teams in the lower division, so anybody in the top tier then and now will be eligible IMO

Yeah, I would second that - I assume anytime before the season rolls over the clause will be active.

18 hours ago, turnip said:

Okay, cheers.

I figured that would be the case, so gave the kid a new contract. Problem solved.

Good- I did think that this might be the long-term solution

9 hours ago, FrazT said:

Good- I did think that this might be the long-term solution

Yeah, it was more me not wanting to give him a new contract 6 months after the last (when his agent locked in the clause).

But, he's too good to lose, particularly for £3.3m.

I know the relegation release clause becomes active as soon as relegation is confirmed, so would assume other clauses get cancelled in the same way.

8 hours ago, TheJock83 said:

I know the relegation release clause becomes active as soon as relegation is confirmed, so would assume other clauses get cancelled in the same way.

That's a good point, but I'm not going to play Chicken with SI's code when it's my best player.