[FM19] Kosovo's Rise

MarcxD

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre-World Cup 2034

post-season-kosovo-league.png

So, in the end, Ballkani did win the league. But Besa lost only 1 game during the entire season, so they might very well be the team to watch out for during the next seasons.

Before getting started with the world cup preparation, there was also the draw for the next Nations League.

may-nations-league-draw.png

In the B league we have been drawn with Scotland and Sweden. If we can go on like we are right now, we should be able to handle them.

may-world-cup-squad.png

may-world-cup-squad-2.png

The annoying thing of picking the squad is that there are a ton of talented strikers, at least 6 that are rated 3* CA or higher. But in the defense we are sorely lacking. Also noteworthy, I guess, is that most players are still playing in the Kosovar league - Besa, Feronikeli and Ballkani all have 4 players representing them.

june-friendlies.png

I arranged two friendlies (not three as I have found in previous FMs that screws up fitness royally). 

First one against our neighbours Albania, which was not quite as convincing a win as I would've liked.

Then we played Egypt as I wanted to face a non-European side as well, plus they are rated higher than us in the world rankings. Decent performance there, and continuing our streak. 

Next up.... the World Cup!

World Cup 2034 - The Groups

WC1.png

WC1x.png

A close opening game, but not a bad result at all.

WC2.png

WC2x.png

Another draw in the second game... we definitely could have won this one, but two draws can be enough to go through.

wc-group.png

It turns out it was, as Colombia comfortably beat Ghana.

The other groups:

WC-groups.png

WC-groups-2.png

WC-groups-3.png

And this is what the second round looks like...

WC-second-round.png

France :(

Rest of 2034 World Cup + Season Table

Thought I'd take a look at what happened in the rest of the tournament as well....

world-cup-third-round.png

Cool to see a team like Kuwait make it to the Third Round, Cameroon beating Argentina and Peru also progressing...

world-cup-quarter-final.png

Peru even making it to the semi-final... and the Dutch beating the Germans is always a lovely sight.

world-cup-semi-final.png

Peru couldn't make it to the final, sadly, but the Dutch beat another neighbour in Belgium.

world-cup-final.png

And even won the damn thing! Finally, 60 years after the first appearance in a final for the Dutch NT :)

2034-table.png

As expected the AI is not doing quite as well as I did in Europe, but still in eighth. League reputation really making a step forward.

10 minutes ago, Jambo_ said:

Tough draw to have France.

Will it be a different club now to challenge Ballkani?

I will be looking at what teams open up this year yeah, preferably somewhere around november or december. 

September 2034

job-offers.png

After the World Cup ended a ew of the lesser performing top nations offered the job... of course I said no.

september-kosovo.png

A great start with the game against Sweden but disappointed to not get a win against Scotland.

september-kosovo-group.png

November - December 2034

november.png

november-kosovo-group.png

Another straight promotion in the Nations League, going up to A division next time around. That's probably a little bit too much for us to handle, but we'll see when we get there. At least it means an automatic play-off spot for the European Championships.

december-draw.png

Speaking about the Euro's.... we face France again in the qualifiers, and we'll need to watch out for Iceland. 

2034-best-eleven.png

2034-best-eleven-overall.png

december-kosovo-table.png

Not quite as good a season for Besa as last year but you can clearly see they are turning into the number two club of the country. Ballkani did make it to to the knock-out rounds of the CL again, so at least the AI keps getting coefficient points.

March 2035

march-kosovo.png

Only the one game in the qualifiers, a good win to start out with!

march-milestone.png

There have not been many club jobs available, but I am now in talks with a certain Kosovar club to join after the season has ended...

June 2035

june.png

Poor results against Iceland, we'll have to do really well in the other games to grab second place.

june-kosovo-group.png

Bit of a weird table with the mismatch in games played.

post-season-league-table.png

Ballkani won the league pretty easily this time around.

post-season-table.png

Return to club football...

june-besa.png

june-besa-2.png

Surprisingly the Besa job came up, one of only two teams in the highest division. I was not necessarily planning on taking them over as it would've been interesting to see how the AI would do now that they seem to have made a step forward, but on the other hand it's going to be tough to topple Ballkani anyway. There's a lot of work to be done, that's for sure.

The main goal at the club will be to upgrade the facilities, win at least one title and try to do something in Europe. If Ballkani can stay at their current level that would be a big boost for Kosovar football and we could even challenge the top 7 nations.

19 hours ago, john1 said:

Wow, caught up with the rest of the story! Gutted you got to the final 3 times and lost each time before winning at fourth attempt :cool: Did very well with Kosovo :applause:

Good luck with Besa!

Thank you!

Pre-Season + August 2035

pre-season-tv-money.png

pre-season-transfers.png

Room for three foreign players, a striker a left and right back. I also bought back Hadroj, whom I had sold as Ballkani manager. 

Kabashi was a young striker sold to Ballkani as they offered a large sum of money.

pre-season-august.png

Unsurprisingly we couldn't handle Benfica, but happily surprised to get at a home win. Not the greatest start in the league, but at least we have already dealt with a Ballkani away game.

august-league-table.png

pre-season-EL-draw.png

Europa League group, hope to at least get some coefficient points. Hard to say where we're at.

September 2035

september.png

Much better, perfect in the league and a nice draw in Europe.

september-league-table.png

september-upgrades.png

september-upgrades-2.png

Starting the upgrade process...

Kosovo National Team

september-kosovo.png

A very surprising win over France! Wow! That made up for the loss against Iceland allright.

september-kosovo-group.png

On 20/12/2018 at 15:03, john1 said:

Superb win over France :eek: 

Thank you!

On 21/12/2018 at 09:27, andychar said:

Hopefully Ballkani can keep up in Europe, really help the coeffient out!

Yeah, hopefully. Doing okay so far.

October 2035

october.png

Two great wins in the Europa League but a disappointing loss to the bottom team in the league....

october-league-table.png

Still a close title race.

National Team

october-kosovo.png

Just the one qualifier, but an important win.

october-kosovo-group.png

We're looking very good for qualification, even if we still have to visit France. Looking likely to be a good enough number two if we do lose that game.

23 hours ago, john1 said:

Massive win over Feyenoord :cool: Good to see you're close behind your old team :thup: 

Cheers, yeah it's been going quite well so far!

22 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

What a revenge against France!Bravo!!:applause:

Thanks mate!

December 2035

december.png

Disappointing to lose to Ballkani again and to drop some more points, but finished the year on a much better note.

december-league-table.png

december-EL-group.png

december-EL-draw.png

RBL.... hard to judge but that should be (too) tough. Remarkably one of five German teams in this round.

National Team Best Eleven

2035-best-eleven.png

2035-best-eleven-overall.png

On 18/12/2018 at 17:56, MarcxD said:

October 2034

october-kosovo.png

Not the greatest of results this time around.

october-kosovo-group.png

october-record.png

october-lluca.png

Exciting new prospect from Ballkani!

Not read every update but seems an interesting career for sure.

Is that newgen part Brazilian, part kosovan? if so, interesting mix! Least his name makes me think so.

21 hours ago, Captain_al said:

Not read every update but seems an interesting career for sure.

Is that newgen part Brazilian, part kosovan? if so, interesting mix! Least his name makes me think so.

Thank you!

He doesn't actually have a second nationality but I agree that his name is interesting.

January - February 2036

Thought I'd do a little christmas posting :)

january-signing.png

I signed a new defensive midfielder, for a bit of a premium as he is non-foreign and from a league rival.

january-departures.png

Some unnecessary players leaving. I would have liked to keep Doda but his contract was ending next summer. Interesting move to Uruguay...

february.png

Some easy friendlies to get morale and fitness up for the RBL games, and it worked! Surprised, but happy to go through.

february-league-table.png

Very close at the top of the league now as Ballkani had a shock defeat against Drenica. At the same time Feronikeli is only three points behind us as well. 

february-EL-draw.png

Croatians up next. 

March 2036 + Youth Intake

march.png

It was very close against Lokomotiva Zagreb after a disappointing home game, but we did manage to beat them in the end. Slightly annoyed with some of the points dropped in the league.

march-league-table.png

Especially as Ballkani is on a winning streak now, with only 6 goals conceded so far. It seems unlikely they'll start losing games soon. Two busy months yet to go though, and we are looking more secure on second place.

march-EL-draw.png

march-youth-intake.png

One potentially interesting player from what it seems like, hopefully he can adapt to the AML position.

National Team

march-kosovo.png

Played two friendlies against inferior opposition, but we did not play well. 

April 2036 + National Team Draws

april.png

A long, long month with our worst run of form yet, sadly. The away game against Schalke gave me hope but we were just very poor at home. So poor, in fact, that we lost another straight home game in the league. Happy that we could return to form somewhat to make the cup final, which will be against Ballkani of course.

april-league-table.png

Have to make sure not to drop too many points in the last 5 games to secure second place.

National Team

Both the draws for Nations League and the European Championships were done this month...

april-euro-draw.png

Some sort of sick joke, with us not only having to face one of the best sides in the world in Germany but also France, again! Let's hope we can repeat our performances from the qualifier to end as second or lucky third in the group. And I might very well be underestimating Norway!

april-nations-league-draw.png

Didn't have much hopes for the Nations League to begin with as we are probably more a B league level team, and this did not give me more confidence. Germany, again, and Belgium... 

May 2036

may.png

A much better month to finish the league, but we were outclassed by Ballkani again. Clearly the #2 club in the country, for now.

may-league-table.png

We had the better goal difference, but they only conceded 7 goals during the entire season. 

Season Review 2035-2036

post-season-season-review.png

An interesting first season at the club, especially in Europe. Lot of room to grow, though. 

post-season-best-eleven.png

post-season-squad.png

Dependent on a relatively small core of players to play most of the minutes. Will be looking to renovate the squad a little bit.

post-season-table.png

Euro 2036 Squad + Friendlies

euro-squad.png

euro-squad-2.png

5 players representing Ballkani, 4 players from Besa. But a lot of players playing abroad now as well, including all of the strikers. Fuga, now playing in China, will probably only feature as an AMR though, as he is by far the best on that position (and the old legend Hoxha has now retired). Some new young players as well, including the very new and young Hajdini who is a very talented left back. Surprisingly not from the Ballkani academy but from Trepça '89!

euro-friendlies.png

Disappointing loss to eternal rivals Serbia, it was a fair outcome of the match though. A much better performance against Ukraine gave us at least some momentum going into the tournament, although we should've scored more.

Euro 2036 Groups

euro-group-1.png

A huge way to start with a deserved victory over Norway...

euro-group-2.png

But perhaps more surprising we managed to grab a point against Germany!

euro-group-3.png

Almost did the same against France, but just lost. Had to wait and see what the other groups did...

euro-group-4.png

euro-group-5.png

But we were one of the four better #3s and so we progressed anyway.

euro-second-round-draw.png

Pre-Season + August 2036

pre-season-tv-money.png

august-offer-f.png

Never had this at Ballkani, and I don't know why I see it here as we have a ton of money in the bank.... but club president forced this transfer on me. Not even that crazy of an offer, as the club had signed him for 2.3M (before I joined).

pre-season-transfers.png

I signed Ramadani from Trepça '89 as a replacement, as I needed another non-foreign midfielder. He was the second 'big' purchase from them, as I decided to buy the very talented Hajdini as well. 

pre-season-august.png

Very good start to the season, with us making it to the CL group very easily and also the first trophy at Besa! The supercup is ours.

august-league-table.png

What a bizarre start to the season, with Drenica of all teams having a perfect score and Ballkani already lost two games! Their previous manager left for Monaco, perhaps that has something to do with it.

august-CL-draw.png

The CL group we have been drawn in... not ideal. Hoping to grab some points against Wolfsburg so we can have another run in the Europa League, but it's going to be tough.

• 2 weeks later...

September 2036

2018 was a year of FM overload for me, just haven't been feeling it so far. But thought I'd do a month to not let this drop to the third page anyway. Busy times on the forums!

t2jPJzY.png

Not amazing domestically, but happy to get the draw in Manchester.

LfH1ZKD.png

National Team

YcBZY7l.png

More promising results with the national team, looking like we really making steps forward.

On 11/01/2019 at 12:41, scarp said:

So how did Ballkani do in Europe after your departure? Great career!

3 years in a row the same result - got through the group as 2nd but knocked out in the first knock-out round (by Bayern, Barca and Real Madrid). At least consistently getting that nice coefficient bonus for making it through the group. 

Archived