[FM19] Kosovo's Rise

MarcxD

Pre-Season + August 2030

pre-season-tv-money.png

pre-season-transfers.png

Two new midfielders and a new (non-foreign) AML to replace Jonuzi who I decided to sell. Couldn't hold on Diaby as he had a limited fee, and I just can't see a place for Puclin and Cardozo at the club, even though they are very talented. I did at least get a 50% future fee clause agreed to.

pre-season-august.png

First time in a while we actually lost in pre-season! But a strong start to the domestic season as you would expect.

august-CL-draw.png

This is what the CL group looks like this year, we should be able to qualify.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

September - December 2030

september-december.png

Super strong first half of the season, I tried to rotate a bit more in the league and perhaps that helped us in the CL to win all 6 games!!! But even more surprising, we actually lost a game this year in Kosovo.

october-loss.png

december-league-table.png

Pretty much the first time a team other than us has a sizeable lead on the rest, which is interesting at least. 

december-CL-group.png

Insane to have only conceded once - and all the other teams have a negative GD...

december-CL-draw.png

Partizan - Dinamo Zagreb. Quite the CL KO game! Partizan won last year's Europa League, by the way!

december-moty.png

January - March 2031 + Youth Intake

january-transfers.png

I signed nobody and I only let some of my youngsters go.

january-big-offer.png

Looking back at this, I would've accepted this offer if I hadn't put him on auto-reject all offers probably. He's talented but not sure quite that talented, but if the AI wants to offer this much maybe he is...

january-march.png

We got off easy with a 1-1 away draw as they dominated the match, but we dominated the home game and deserved to win with more. Happy to go through anyway!

march-CL-draw.png

Last year's final is this year's QF. Going to be rough.

march-league-table.png

february-youth-intake.png

Not really a good intake at all, but it is interesting to see some other nationalities in there as second or even first.

April 2031

april.png

Unexpected, but we just managed to scrape past Bayern (thanks to three own goals in the two matches!!). A good home performance against PSG as well, just too bad about the away goal. It is possible, but it will be tough.

april-league-table.png

Pre-Season + August 2031

This might be my last season at Ballkani, depending on how we do, etc. 

august-transfers.png

I have done by far the most expensive transfer yet, as I decided to buy a player that was rated the highest by my scouts. Outgoing most noteworthy is probably Kovacevic who was requesting to be put on the transferlist many times and if I'm getting annoyed I'd rather just sell them and move on. There have been more offers from other Kosovar teams to buy my players than before, and some transfers went through. There could have been more, but several players rejected contracts elsewhere.

august-petrovich.png

august.png

A great win over Chelsea in pre-season, but we actually started the league with a draw! Shocking.

august-league-table.png

august-CL-draw.png

Atlético will be tough to deal with, should be able to handle the other two teams though.

January - March 2032 + Youth Intake

january-transfers.png

Nothing much of note with regards to transfers...

january-money.png

But some nice unexpected money from a sell-on fee.

january-march.png

Arranged some friendlies to get the players fit for the Napoli game, which seems to have worked! Remarkably we have drawn both away games to Feronikeli this season.

march-CL-draw.png

Red Star, quite the QF!

march-league-table.png

february-youth-intake.png

A poor intake, really.

Season Review 2031-2032

post-season-season-review.png

post-season-best-eleven.png

post-season-best-eleven-overall.png

post-season-squad.png

post-season-table.png

I will probably try one more year at Ballkani. That will be the fifteenth season at the club. I really want to leave here with a European trophy, but if it won't happen next year I don't think I will try again after that. I was already thinking about leaving after this season, but I really feel like there's unfinished business.

So unlucky to have not won the Champions League yet! It's a shame you're not getting better youth intakes the help the national team out more, but looks like they are improving in the world rankings now.

19 hours ago, Jambo_ said:

So unlucky to have not won the Champions League yet! It's a shame you're not getting better youth intakes the help the national team out more, but looks like they are improving in the world rankings now.

Thank you. I do have to take in mind that the ratings for the intakes are based on my first team, who are of course much better than the rest of the league and what was the standard of Kosovar football previously, so some perhaps might be of use later on.

17 hours ago, Rikulec said:

This has to be the craziest comeback I've seen on FM. :eek:

I know right! Imagine how people would react if this happened in real life...

Pre-Season + August 2032 + A New Job...

pre-season-competition-ranking.png

pre-season-competition-ranking-2.png

Now the league is rated on a level of Sweden, Romania, Denmark and even close to the Eredivisie ( :( ). Also note the Croatian and Serbian leagues in the top 10.

pre-season-tv-money-oops.png

With the huge reputation increase the tv money has gone slightly crazy, and my players values have gone up a lot as well (instead of 900k the best players are now rated 4M+)

It was an intense transfer summer, and even though we didn't need any more money with a huge balance and budgets, we did get more...

pre-season-sell-on.png

pre-season-transfers.png

Three big sales and a sell-on fee made us more than 100M. Henry Perez was a mainstay in the midfield but the money offered was just too good to reject, the same applies to Bouhadda and Rahmati. I signed Perez a few years for 800K from Medellin, and from that same club I now signed Barato, another very good central midfielder. Christopoulous has been on my radar for a while as he is probably the most talented player with either Kosovar or Albanian nationality - he is Albanian and therefore doesn't count as foreign. I signed Alvez since I really needed another left back.

pre-season-august.png

A lovely pre-season and august, and we played a testimonial for the legend Hoxha himself.

pre-season-testimonial.png

august-league-table.png

august-CL-draw.png

The CL draw is very tough, but at the point we're at now we should qualify out of any group.

A New Job...

pre-season-kosovo-job.png

Finally!

august-first-kosovo-squad.png

august-first-kosovo-squad-2.png

My first squad!

1 hour ago, MarcxD said:

Pre-Season + August 2032 + A New Job...

pre-season-competition-ranking.png

pre-season-competition-ranking-2.png

Now the league is rated on a level of Sweden, Romania, Denmark and even close to the Eredivisie ( :( ). Also note the Croatian and Serbian leagues in the top 10.

pre-season-tv-money-oops.png

With the huge reputation increase the tv money has gone slightly crazy, and my players values have gone up a lot as well (instead of 900k the best players are now rated 4M+)

It was an intense transfer summer, and even though we didn't need any more money with a huge balance and budgets, we did get more...

pre-season-sell-on.png

pre-season-transfers.png

Three big sales and a sell-on fee made us more than 100M. Henry Perez was a mainstay in the midfield but the money offered was just too good to reject, the same applies to Bouhadda and Rahmati. I signed Perez a few years for 800K from Medellin, and from that same club I now signed Barato, another very good central midfielder. Christopoulous has been on my radar for a while as he is probably the most talented player with either Kosovar or Albanian nationality - he is Albanian and therefore doesn't count as foreign. I signed Alvez since I really needed another left back.

pre-season-august.png

A lovely pre-season and august, and we played a testimonial for the legend Hoxha himself.

pre-season-testimonial.png

august-league-table.png

august-CL-draw.png

The CL draw is very tough, but at the point we're at now we should qualify out of any group.

A New Job...

pre-season-kosovo-job.png

Finally!

august-first-kosovo-squad.png

august-first-kosovo-squad-2.png

My first squad!

Off the top of my head no idea where they begin... but wouldn't have thought the Dutch league would be so far down!

21 hours ago, WillHoward42 said:

Off the top of my head no idea where they begin... but wouldn't have thought the Dutch league would be so far down!

I think it's 12th at the start, which is already a lowpoint!

3 hours ago, WillHoward42 said:

That is low... I would have probably put them below England/Spain/Germany/Italy/France/Portugal.... but no other leagues I would say should be above them!

In terms of UEFA Rankings they've been worse than Russia every year since 2007, so have to be clearly behind them too. And over the last five years they've 8th, 9th, 10th, 13th and now 14th. It's a league that generally appeared to be in decline and had a particularly awful 17-18 season which would have affected their FM positioning - their European performances last season were only joint-29th on par with the likes of Romania and Slovakia. That being said they were good in 16-17 and decent again this year so may be on the path to recovery - but for now they've been a fair distance behind the likes of Ukraine, Belgium and Turkey who rightly are therefore better in FM too.

5 hours ago, WillHoward42 said:

That is low... I would have probably put them below England/Spain/Germany/Italy/France/Portugal.... but no other leagues I would say should be above them!

1 hour ago, Spurs08 said:

In terms of UEFA Rankings they've been worse than Russia every year since 2007, so have to be clearly behind them too. And over the last five years they've 8th, 9th, 10th, 13th and now 14th. It's a league that generally appeared to be in decline and had a particularly awful 17-18 season which would have affected their FM positioning - their European performances last season were only joint-29th on par with the likes of Romania and Slovakia. That being said they were good in 16-17 and decent again this year so may be on the path to recovery - but for now they've been a fair distance behind the likes of Ukraine, Belgium and Turkey who rightly are therefore better in FM too.

Quite right, it's understandable and mostly realistic to say that the Eredivisie no longer is a top 10 league with the Russian league most clearly better and others like Ukraine, Turkey and even Belgium and Switzerland having sides that have performed better in Europe.

Ajax has done very well in Europe this year but when you look at the current Eredivisie table there's still a clear flaw - the huge gap between the top 2 (maybe 3) sides and the rest of the league. 

eredivisie.png

18 minutes ago, wobbly007 said:

Great read during my lunch break, so thanks.  One question though, and maybe I'm being stupid, but how on earth are you getting through the seasons so quickly?!?!?

Thanks man! I go so quickly because I have auto-continue on and I use an instant-result skin which speeds up things dramatically. It's called "wannachup" if you want to find it. 

October 2032

october-kosovo.png

This is much better!

october-kosovo-table.png

Will win the promotion then. Not ideal, I guess, as we are going to be in the B league when we can get a chance at getting a spot for the Euro play-offs.

october.png

Disappointing month, first loss in the CL and even a loss in the league...

october-league-table.png

November - December 2032

november-kosovo.png

november-kosovo-table.png

Another win and secured promotion to the B league.

december-kosovo-draw.png

Not the easiest qualifying group imaginable... 

november-december.png

Lost again to Inter, but did manage to beat both Schalke and Real Madrid for the second time.  

december-CL-group.png

Just enough. Inter's only wins were against us...

december-CL-draw.png

december-league-table.png

January - March 2033 + Youth Intake

january-departures.png

It was a busy january with these players departing. Palmer only had 6 months remaining on his contract and wasn't about to renew, so I decided to sell him.  Rubio was let go as I found a better foreign right-back and more or less the same for Alvez, he wanted to leave anyway.

january-signings.png

Szabo is a central defender, Oppoyen the new right-back, and Ismaili and Murua two new left backs as replacements for Palmer and Alvez. Ismaili is Kosovar, which is why he was bought and Murua will be first choice.. most expensive transfer yet!

january-murua.png

january-march.png

Managed to scrape past Chelsea!

march-CL-draw.png

As we lost a CL final to Juventus two years ago it is time for revenge...

march-league-table.png

march-youth-intake.png

Missed the actual youth intake screen by a bit but here are the new players.... *****. We did get a first foreign player in through an affiliate club though.

march-kosovo.png

I was very happily surprised by the opening results of the qualifying group, wow! We might actually have a chance of making the world-cup if we can continue like this.

march-kosovo-table.png

May 2033

may.png

may-league-table.png

Yes! We finally did it, in our fourth consecutive CL final.

may-cl-final.png

Funnily enough it was by far our worst performance in a final yet, totally dominated by Manchester City. But who cares!!!

The goal that won us the CL final!

2032-33 Season Review. 

post-season-season-review.png

post-season-best-eleven.png

post-season-best-eleven-overall.png

post-season-squad.png

post-season-table.png

15 years, 15 champions and a CL victory. Enough to say goodbye.

Resignation

post-season-resignation.png

post-season-resignation-2.png

post-resignation-club-screen.png

This is what the club looks like after me being in charge... one dynamic rivalry added in Trepça '89.

post-resignation-manager-profile.png

And this is my profile.

It's going to be interesting to see how the AI will approach the club. I very much doubt they can come even close to what I have done in Europe, although they will have a huge transfer budget for next season. I'm definitely afraid they'll gut my squad immediately...

As far as what I'm going to do...

Next season the focus is going to be completely set on the national team, trying to make the 2034 world cup. After that, I will be looking for another team in Kosovo to manage and perhaps push Ballkani off the top. We will see.

2 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Congratulations on finally winning the thing. What do some of Man City's players look like since they seem to be dominant?

Cheers. They have some decent players....

city4.png

city3.png

city1.png

city2.png

Game World Update 15 years in

15-year-update.png

Manchester City completely dominating the premier league with that squad, although they can't quite compete with PSG winning all ligue 1 titles so far this save. Remarkably Feyenoord has won 3 of the last 5 Eredivisie titles... 

4 hours ago, Saintmat said:

What an amazing career with Ballkani. Interested to see where you go after the national team! I noticed a couple of clubs like Besa have a (P) after their name, do you know why? Pristina maybe?

Thank you!

FM usually does that when there are multiple teams in the world with the same name. I just looked it up and the full name for the Kosovar team is KF Besa Pejë. Apparently there's an Albanian team called Besa as well. 

June & September 2033

june-kosovo.png

Not surprising that we lost to the current number one in the world. As long as we keep winning the other games...

september-kosovo.png

Which we have been able to do, very important to get another victory against the Ukrainians.

september-kosovo-group.png

With four more games to go we are definitely looking good for second place.

The 6 best number 2's automatically qualify for the world cup in the new 48 team format, and it looks like we could very well make that!

October - December 2033

october-kosovo.png

Just managed to get the very important away win in Israel...

november-kosovo.png

november-kosovo-group.png

november-kosovo-second-places.png

november-qualification.png

We did it, first World Cup for Kosovo! 

december-CL-draw.png

In the insane new format we have been drawn with Colombia and Ghana which doesn't seem very easy but maybe we can get something here. Hard to say.

2033-team-of-the-year.png

Star player has been Hoxha... 32 years old now. What a legend he has been for me at Ballkania and now for the national team.

2033-overall-team.png

Never mind the insane tactic the overall best eleven is fitted in...

Of course I am looking a bit at how things are going with Kosovar club football as well. Ballkani has won the European super cup, but has not been able to win the club world cup... they ended second in their CL group behind Barcelona. But the league might be more interesting...

december-kosovo-league.png

Besa is unbeaten, and they beat Ballkani as well! Will Ballkani's 15-year streak end in the first season that I am not taking charge of them?!

Well done on qualifying for the World Cup at your first attempt, will be interesting to see how Ballkani do without you, looks like they're already being challenged for the title!

22 hours ago, Jambo_ said:

Well done on qualifying for the World Cup at your first attempt, will be interesting to see how Ballkani do without you, looks like they're already being challenged for the title!

Cheers! Agreed on Ballkani, I really thought it would have to be me at a new club to push them from being annual champions. Perhaps not!

20 hours ago, After said:

Awesome! :applause:

Thanks!

15 hours ago, SmileFaceGamer said:

Have Balkani been gutted by the AI by any chance? That’s the only explanation for their fall I can think of. And well done on the World Cup. How far do you reckon you’ll go?

That might be part of it yeah, they sold a few players but not got much in yet. It also took a while for a new manager to sign, so maybe this january or next summer they'll spend some money.

I really have no idea as far as the world cup is concerned, second place in the group to get to the knock-out rounds would be great. 

March 2034

march-friendlies.png

Two friendlies on the road to the world cup, with the Czech game being the more interesting match-up of course - even though the other match was a homecoming for Andorran manager Marc x ;).

The Czech game was a close one, but it's a good sign that we are continuing to win all games that aren't against the absolute top.

march-batha-switch.png

As a lot of Kosovar players have another nationality, I am trying to convince a few of them to switch to Kosovo. This was one of the first that I've actually succeeded with, and as he's Swiss that seems like a good sign for us. He's also playing for Ballkani as the AI signed him. He's not selection ready quite yet but he will be considered soon.

Archived