[FM19] Kosovo's Rise

MarcxD

Season Review 2023-2024

post-season-season-review.png

A huge season as we've reached the CL group stage which is obviously very important financially. 

How I see the future right now is getting the facilities maxed out, keep improving the squad and hoping for a bit of luck so we can actually progress a bit further in Europe. Not going to resign in the immediate future.

post-season-best-eleven.png

post-season-best-eleven-overall.png

post-season-squad.png

Loving the progress of Dosti and Fuga so far, with Dosti on a contract for 5 more years.

post-season-dosti.png

post-season-fuga.png

Fuga is now a natural at the striker position which is where I've used him. Lot of work still to be done, but 13 goals is not bad for a first season.

post-season-table.png

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

July - August 2024

august-transfers.png

Scouting worldwide (and paying for the scouting packages) so some non-European players in for the first time. Too many foreigners in the squad, really, so will have to rotate. Xavi Miyar a relatively big sale, as multiple Croatian clubs wanted to buy the young Spaniard after I had signed him on a free last season.

august-offer.png

There could have been a bigger sale, but I rejected all offers for Dosti. Obviously he got upset but he got over it quite quickly. 

june-tv-money.png

Another year, another increase in the tv money. Good sign of the rising reputation.

july-job-offer.png

Just as this was a good sign of my own rising reputation.

july-august.png

The Danish champions were just a bit too much for us at this point, but we have at least made the Europa League groups.

august-EL-draw.png

We know we can handle Slovan Bratislava at least, hopefully we can grab something against AZ as well.

august-league-table.png

august-300-games.png

September - December 2024

september-december.png

Not very surprising that we dominated the league - perhaps more surprising that we actually lost a game! But we also have done amazingly well in the Europa League, starting with three straight wins. Two away losses followed in november, but we secured first spot in the group with a 7-0 win!

december-EL-group.png

december-EL-draw.png

No idea if we'll be able to beat Guingamp, but we should have a chance at least.

december-league-table.png

december-facility-upgrades.png

Keep on building...

december-moty.png

January - February 2025

january-departures.png

No signings, for a change, but some departures. I decided to sell Milicevic, even if the window had already closed as I don't think he's quite worth that much and I can get in a likewise or better replacement for less. Besides, the more game time Shkodran Fuga will get the better.

january-transfer-offer.png

This was a no, though.

january-february.png

It was close, but we managed to get through another round of the EL - and we lost for a second time in the league.

february-league-table.png

february-EL-draw.png

This will be the end of our run, but it's been great.

Season Review 2024-2025

The disconnect between making it to the quarter-finals of the Europa League and still averaging below 1K average attendance...

post-season-squad.png

post-season-table.png

Only a few steps up in the coefficient rankings even though a huge 10+ point score this season. Another strong year like this, though, and we'll surely make a big step forward. Especially as the 1.75 year won't count anymore.

:o What a season! Damn shame Kosovo can't increase the number of teams in Europe or you wouldn't be too far off a second UCL spot - although at this rate you might soon be getting to start in the group stage at least which would guarentee a LOT of revenue!

10 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

:o What a season! Damn shame Kosovo can't increase the number of teams in Europe or you wouldn't be too far off a second UCL spot - although at this rate you might soon be getting to start in the group stage at least which would guarentee a LOT of revenue!

57 minutes ago, Jambo_ said:

Incredible season! Getting to the Europa League QF is a great achievement, and should be huge financially.

Thanks guys. The CL group phase actually made us much more money last year! But it's great for the coefficients, club and league reputations. Another year like this and we should indeed get close to an automatic CL group spot. 

The plus side to the static qualification spots is that they're not divided by a spread of Kosovar teams who aren't near performing as well in Europe as you are. Progress up the UEFA ranks should come way quicker than normal.

28 minutes ago, Timetxu said:

The plus side to the static qualification spots is that they're not divided by a spread of Kosovar teams who aren't near performing as well in Europe as you are. Progress up the UEFA ranks should come way quicker than normal.

Yeah, that's true. I guess we now count for 50% in stead of 25% of the coefficient score if there were 4 teams like normal.

June-August 2025

june-tv-money.png

Not sure of course how much the other teams are getting, but surely they must be profiting from this as well. I have looked around a bit and at least one other team has become fully professional since the start.

june-top-100-europe.png

Reached the top 100 with the club for the first time!

august-transfers.png

Bought Filipovic after I had him on loan last season as he impressed. Signed three other players to fill in the gaps in the squad - Babic is a striker, Rushiti a central midfielder (and for once I did buy from another Kosovar club) and Doksani a left back. 

Not sure if it was the right thing to let go of Mikelanxhelo since he has done so well for me, but he's 31 and just looking at his attributes he really isn't good enough anymore.

june-august.png

Relatively easy draws in the CL qualifiers but once again we lost to Kopenhagen in the play-offs. Europa League it is.

august-EL-draw.png

This looks like an interesting draw for sure, normally we should be able to qualify for the knock-out rounds here. Hajduk made the EL final last year (!) though, so any Croatian team are not to be underestimated.

august-league-table.png

Wow, wow, read last page and this page and fantastic journey and good to see the club climbing up the ranking :cool: I am surprised the chairman haven't stepped in and accepted the big offers for your players :D

2 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Just.....:applause::applause::applause: You look able to win everyone (except Kopenhagen)!  :lol::brock:

you don't have to rub it in :D Cheers mate.

1 hour ago, john1 said:

Wow, wow, read last page and this page and fantastic journey and good to see the club climbing up the ranking :cool: I am surprised the chairman haven't stepped in and accepted the big offers for your players :D

With the odd 20M in our bank account I guess he doesn't feel the need to! Thank you!

Extraordinary season! Shame that Kobenhavn are giving you so much trouble though, it's surprising considering the quality of teams you beat in the EL knockout stages. This group should be straightforward though, and I hope you can make another deep run this year.

19 hours ago, Fosse said:

It's mental attendances are so low, what do the traditionally largest Kosovan clubs get?

All the other teams in the superliga are averaging between 200 and 550, so yeah. It'll take a while to get them up. The good news though is that since your question made me check I did notice there have been a few more clubs that have turned pro. The added tv money must have helped them. 

11 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Extraordinary season! Shame that Kobenhavn are giving you so much trouble though, it's surprising considering the quality of teams you beat in the EL knockout stages. This group should be straightforward though, and I hope you can make another deep run this year.

Thank you! It is remarkable that they beat us two years in a row when we were able to beat Roma, but their squad is still definitely better than mine. Imagine a player like this in the Kosovar league:

kobenhavn-best-player.png

January - February 2026

january-signing.png

One new signing, a pre-arranged one for a young striker. 

january-departures.png

Let some of the youth players go.

january-february.png

We did really well against Sevilla and made it to the next round!

february-EL-draw.png

Even harsher draw here in Spurs...

february-league-table.png

March 2026 + Youth Intake

march.png

Unsurprisingly we were defeated by Spurs, but it was very nice to see us get a win at home.

march-league-table.png

march-youth-intake.png

Two players that look interesting so far, one with by far the starting highest CA yet. Just looking at all those unambitious players, I think it's time for a new HoYD...

march-yp8a.png

His determination and personality are very much disappointing here, and jumping reach often is an issue to develop as well. But he has some outstanding attributes to start out with. 

Just wanted to say this is a great read. You’ve inspired me to go ahead with a  similar save and jump outside my comfort zone. Have decided to do a save in Serbia ( I’ve never done a save outside England & Italy) halfway through my first season and going strong with FK Cukaricki. Will continue to follow with interest. 

3 minutes ago, Campbella8916 said:

Just wanted to say this is a great read. You’ve inspired me to go ahead with a  similar save and jump outside my comfort zone. Have decided to do a save in Serbia ( I’ve never done a save outside England & Italy) halfway through my first season and going strong with FK Cukaricki. Will continue to follow with interest. 

That's awesome. Good luck! Thanks for the kind words.

Season Review 2025-2026

Another strong year in both Europe and domestically. Big increase in average attendance, relatively, as well. Bemused by the fact that there are 6 teams in the league that used more than 30 players!

Good year for the usual suspects, but disappointed in Marijan Babic, the new striker I signed in the summer. Think I might sell him at a loss this next transfer window.

post-season-squad.png

Just the 40 assists for Hoxha this year!

post-season-ranking.png

With two fantastic years in a row, and as we count for 50% of the score we have been able to rise super quickly to the top 10!! Automatic CL spot! And the EL team still has to play through all those qualifiers :lol:

post-season-table.png

It's surprising to me that the national team hasn't reached the top 100 yet. They haven't offered the job to me yet, so there's not much I can do about it but wait.

Good to see your average attendance shooting up!

Also, that's very positive that you now have a Kosovan team straight into the Champions League group stage, easy money there every season right there.

4 hours ago, Jambo_ said:

Good to see your average attendance shooting up!

Also, that's very positive that you now have a Kosovan team straight into the Champions League group stage, easy money there every season right there.

Definitely, and the positive side is that we also now get another club in the CL play-offs so other teams should be able to profit as well. It will get harder probably to get high scoring years now, though.

3 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Dang. 8 seasons in and you've already secured automatic placement for the CL. Brilliant stuff man. Too bad about the lack of places for Kosovan team.

Cheers. It's been going smoother than anticipated, the limitation on spots has actually helped in getting Kosovo up there so quick.

41 minutes ago, john1 said:

Fantastic to only lose 2-1 to Spuds :thup: Impressive to see Hoxha, getting 40 assists! Can I see screenshot of him?

He's nothing extraordinary but his speed combined with some decent technical attributes, especially his crossing make him really dangerous for the league and he's been able to take his form into Europe as well.

hoxha.png

July-August 2026

june-tv-money.png

august-transfers.png

Not much business coming in, as I'm limited as to how many foreign players I can use, and the ability of players that want to join me. I decided to loan two players from Man Utd as they were about the best ones I could get in and I had a few foreign players leaving. Hoxha is an Albanian right-back as a replacement for 34-year old Maxhuni who was sold on the last day of the transfer market. I also sold Claude Bayo who I'd signed for free in january for 5M to PSG... 

july-august.png

Pretty pleased with the draws I got and made the CL group for the second time.

august-CL-draw.png

It's going to be tough and hey look at that there's Kobenhavn again. Battle with them for third place seems the most likely outcome, but who knows. Prishtina actually got through a couple of EL qualifying rounds (but didn't make the groups) so we already have a nice amount of points for the coefficients this season.

august-league-table.png

September - December 2026

september-december.png

Insanity! Three perfect months in a row. 

december-CL-group.png

Well, this is huge. I overestimated Sporting, I guess!

december-CL-draw.png

december-facility-upgrades.png

Okay now these are the last facility upgrades. (Well except for data which doesn't matter much I don't think).

december-moty.png

January - May 2027 + Youth Intake

january-departures.png

No incoming players in january, I did pre-sign some players for next summer though. Outgoing a few loanees.

biggest-offer-yet.png

This has been the biggest offer yet.

january-may.png

We did very well by getting a draw at home to Man Utd, but as logic dictates they beat us in the return. Won all games after that, though!

may-league-table.png

124 goals, and a record points total. Not sure if that's a great sign with more Kosovar clubs getting into Europe now! On the other hand it's a nice goal to achieve the 100% perfect league season.

feb-youth-intake.png

Missed the youth intake screen (auto-continue) but I guess I didn't miss much. New HoYD not actually brought what I was hoping for. Will likely give him another chance next year, unless I find one that is obviously much better.

Season Review 2026-2027

Best domestic and European season yet. Nice increase in average attendance again, relatively.

Fantastic stuff from loanees Menagh and Palmer in the defense, but I can't sign them permanently (or at least I don't want to for what they're asking). 

post-season-squad.png

Don't think I've seen all players get a higher average than 7.00 in a squad before, certainly not in FM19 with the light green colour and higher.

This is what Dosti and Fuga look like now:

post-season-fuga.png

post-season-dosti.png

Good development generally, just their determination has decreased to the mean of the squad.

post-season-table.png

It's great that we've had such a strong year in Europe with the coefficient score, as now there are three Kosovar teams that qualified and I don't trust the others, at all, to get the points.

7 hours ago, Jambo_ said:

Another great season, just wish you were getting better youth intakes to help the national team. Hopefully you'll have a golden generation come through soon enough.

Me too! The early appearance of players like Dosti and Fuga seemed like a good sign but very few players like that since. Just need a bit of luck with perhaps a better HoYD if I can find one!

4 hours ago, Saintmat said:

Would be interested to see the Kosovan national team and how many of them are your players at this point?

Sure thing.

kosovo-squad.png

Dosti yp4a should be in there normally too, probably missed out last time thanks to injury so about 4 of my players in the squad. My youth players also dominate the youth squads more and more.

2 hours ago, john1 said:

Fantastic season :cool: :applause:

What is the club finances like?

Cheers!

Amazing as the CL run last season made us a ton of money.

money.png

Preseason + August 2027

june-tv-money.png

august-transfers.png

Some pre-arranged deals for decent players and two very talented foreign strikers in Cardozo and Puclin. I hoped some other Kosovan teams would loan them so they could at least get a year in to get Kosovan nationality, but I guess the players themselves didn't want to as no offers came in. They'll get a few minutes here and there where I can. 

july-august.png

No qualifiers for the first time, so a calm pre-season and start to the league. Almost managed to stay without a goal conceded!

august-league-table.png

august-CL-draw.png

Oh dear, that's a rough draw. Realistic goal will have to be third place.

18 hours ago, withnail316 said:

Some outstanding progress here, man. Great work.

Thanks, man! Appreciate it.

1 hour ago, john1 said:

Tough draw :( Hopefully you can upset the applecart and finish in top 2!

Cheers,, though not quite how it turned out...

September - December 2027

september-december.png

Lost both games to Liverpool and Bayern but did at least beat Partizan so we can have another try at the Europa League knockouts. The last game of the year was the biggest win of this save so far...

10-0.png

december-c-L-group.png

december-EL-draw.png

Hard to say how much of a chance we'll have here.

decade-of-awards.png

I also got my 10th straight manager of the year award...

Archived